FACTION STANDING REPAIR PLAN aka 'The Plan'

Unless i’ve missed someone else update, the Level 2 Minmatar mission in Uriok with agent Nafrid Sharum now give’s the mission “Information at a Cost”, not the one stated in the original plan. You now have to hand in 1 Angel Simple Trigger Mechanism found in the Contested Minmatar Army Complex in Traun.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for posting.

I don’t know what mission you’re referring to that’s stated in the original plan. I do know that some of the Cosmos Agents don’t give Faction standing increase and if you’re following ‘The Plan’, that info is included in it:

While working the Cosmos Agents, try to work only 1 Agent at a time if possible. If offered a 1 part mission that doesn’t list Important Storyline (Yellow Text) in the Mission Journal, decline it. All Event Agent missions will be listed as ‘Storyline’ even if it doesn’t give Faction standing increase. Usually the last part of the multi part mission offers will be the Important Storyline (Faction standing increase). The mission offer can stay active in your Mission Journal without accepting it for 7 days. That will allow time to get the mission item first before having to accept the mission offer. Do that whenever possible. (Check Mission Journal after completing the 1st mission to view the next part offered in the mission series.) Don’t be afraid or ashamed to ask for help. Some of these missions are really tough.

The Cosmos link in ‘The Plan’ has information listed for all Cosmos Agents including if they give Faction standing increase.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160225230111/https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/COSMOS_constellation

The Agent you’re referring to is Amarr who is located in the Minmatar Cosmos Constellation. He doesn’t give any Faction standing increase and no Storyline BPC.

1 Like

Thats exactly what he is.

1 Like

Not a Faction Standings Mission, no. Just an update to some of the outdated/wrong info in the OP :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not a Faction standing mission, you can just bypass those.

Umm, what info are you talking about?

I am pleased to announce that @DeMichael_Crimson 's plan worked perfectly for me. I was -5.7 with a faction, followed this plan, and within a short period of time I actually acquired positive faction standings, even though I just needed above -2.

Thanks DeMichael.
o7

2 Likes

Has anyone run the lowsec missions in Audesder or Kenobonala? I’ve read they have a “FW” basis and so i’m assuming fighting Amarr/Minmatar NPC’s. What sort of negative standings are received for the opposing factions?

1 Like

Hi, I did most of the Agents in both Amarr and Minmatar Low Sec Cosmos Constellations a long time ago. You have to see a ‘Recruiter’ Agent first and complete his mission to gain access to the top Agent in each low sec Cosmos Constellation. The ‘Recruiter’ Agents basically send you to a Training site within the system and when completed, give you a Voucher to access the top Agent. They offer a single mission with no Faction standing loss for killing the NPC’s in the Training site.

The missions in both low sec Cosmos Constellations are basically the same, there’s one level 3 Agent (no Faction standing increase, no BPC) and four level 4 ‘Recruiter’ Agents (Faction standing increase, gives Voucher) with one top Cosmos Agent at each site.

Having said that, I didn’t bother doing the top Cosmos Agents:
Audesder System, Minmatar, Ison Tiadala (Warlord)
Kenobanala System, Amarr, Minas Iksan (Central Control Tower)

They offer a multiple mission series (about 8 missions or so) and according to the info I got there’s Faction standing loss for killing Faction NPC ships. For rewards they don’t give any Storyline Blueprints, Modules, Munitions or Implants, just ISK and the Faction standing increase which is only gained after completing the last mission in their series. That’s mainly why I didn’t do those 2 top Agents.

As for the Faction standing gain and loss, I did a Minmatar ‘Recruiter’ Agent mission and before turning in that mission as completed, went and did an Amar ‘Recruiter’ Agent mission, then turned them both in as completed. That allowed me to keep standings equalized so I could continue accessing the rest of the ‘Recruiter’ Agents.

Hope that helps and good luck to you.

2 Likes

I found that, after running three Data Center ‘Graduation Certificate’ missions (and obtaining three signed Graduation certifications):

• All three certificates specified the same agent to process it
  • That agent gave me a 5-mission arc (that wrapped a separate 5-mission arc)
  • After successfully completing it, the agent would not accept the other two signed certificates. (I have no jobs available for you)

Is this expected? Does this match anyone else’s experience?

1 Like

Hello Fortunatollo,

Yes, that’s exactly how they work. In fact most Event Agents can only be accessed once in the life of the character.

Even though only 1 ‘Signed’ Cert is needed to access that Agent, the main reason for getting all 3 Certs is that Faction Standing increase is gained for completing each of those Data Center ‘Cert’ missions. The amount of standing gained may be small but the increase itself is actually very large for characters with low standings.

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Thanks for the fast and informative response.

I’ve been recording my standings gain for the four main factions after each arc. Perhaps I’ll share my results as I progress if that would be interesting for anyone.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be great. I look forward to it.

Posting your results will show other players that ‘The Plan’ actually does work.

Thanks again and may you have much success and good luck.

remember that the "standing " window is bugged. Look at standing, make mission for that agent/corp/faction and look at standing again : your “previous” standing is incorrect.

1 Like

The new standings boosters will make running parts of this interesting…

1 Like

Yeah, I think they would work best for completing Epic Arcs, mainly Pirate Faction arcs.

All other Event Agent missions have derived standings, both positive and negative. Definitely don’t want a boost to negative derived standings.

I think it only affects positive gain, like social skill.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed this too. Fortunately, the deviations are fairly small.

1 Like

Over the past two weeks, I’ve been running elements of the plan, with the goal of improving my standing enough to run all four faction epic arcs. I’ve just completed that goal, and below I share some of my results with you.

Some details:

• I did not perform the entire plan, only a subset.
  • I ran 77 mission arcs. I am guessing that’s around 700-750 missions.
  • It took just over two weeks
  • I didnt calculate my isk earnings, but I’d estimate it at over $300M. I gave lots of stuff away to rookies.
  • I had Connections 4, Social 4, Fast Talk 3, Negotiation 5. Why didn’t I train Fast Talk to at least 4? Stupid, that’s why. Thought it was at 4 until I checked just now.
  • I started with standing of 1.79 / 3.10 / 3.55 / 3.39 (Amarr/Caldari/Minmatar/Gallente)
  • I finished with 3.15 / 3.48 / 5.93 / 6.33, for a total gain of 7.06 standing
  • You can find details in this Google Sheet.

1 Like

they are completely wrong. The closer your standing to 10/-10, the worse they are.

Actually Social and Connections skills should have been trained up to level 5. That would have made your standing increase larger.

Connections skill raises your current standing and Social skill increases the amount of standing gained for completing mission.

Nice standing increase, especially for only 2 weeks of work.

Obviously you only worked a small portion of ‘The Plan’. Doesn’t matter if a large or small portion of ‘The Plan’ is worked, it definitely shows it still works.

When the standing for all 4 main Factions got close to being equal, that’s when you could have bounced around back and forth between them and basically brought them all up together.

Anyway, thanks for posting and sharing that info. It will definitely help others who are looking to repair or increase their Faction standings.