FACTION STANDING REPAIR PLAN aka 'The Plan'

Hi, I did most of the Agents in both Amarr and Minmatar Low Sec Cosmos Constellations a long time ago. You have to see a ‘Recruiter’ Agent first and complete his mission to gain access to the top Agent in each low sec Cosmos Constellation. The ‘Recruiter’ Agents basically send you to a Training site within the system and when completed, give you a Voucher to access the top Agent. They offer a single mission with no Faction standing loss for killing the NPC’s in the Training site.

The missions in both low sec Cosmos Constellations are basically the same, there’s one level 3 Agent (no Faction standing increase, no BPC) and four level 4 ‘Recruiter’ Agents (Faction standing increase, gives Voucher) with one top Cosmos Agent at each site.

Having said that, I didn’t bother doing the top Cosmos Agents:
Audesder System, Minmatar, Ison Tiadala (Warlord)
Kenobanala System, Amarr, Minas Iksan (Central Control Tower)

They offer a multiple mission series (about 8 missions or so) and according to the info I got there’s Faction standing loss for killing Faction NPC ships. For rewards they don’t give any Storyline Blueprints, Modules, Munitions or Implants, just ISK and the Faction standing increase which is only gained after completing the last mission in their series. That’s mainly why I didn’t do those 2 top Agents.

As for the Faction standing gain and loss, I did a Minmatar ‘Recruiter’ Agent mission and before turning in that mission as completed, went and did an Amar ‘Recruiter’ Agent mission, then turned them both in as completed. That allowed me to keep standings equalized so I could continue accessing the rest of the ‘Recruiter’ Agents.

Hope that helps and good luck to you.

2 Likes

I found that, after running three Data Center ‘Graduation Certificate’ missions (and obtaining three signed Graduation certifications):

• All three certificates specified the same agent to process it
  • That agent gave me a 5-mission arc (that wrapped a separate 5-mission arc)
  • After successfully completing it, the agent would not accept the other two signed certificates. (I have no jobs available for you)

Is this expected? Does this match anyone else’s experience?

1 Like

Hello Fortunatollo,

Yes, that’s exactly how they work. In fact most Event Agents can only be accessed once in the life of the character.

Even though only 1 ‘Signed’ Cert is needed to access that Agent, the main reason for getting all 3 Certs is that Faction Standing increase is gained for completing each of those Data Center ‘Cert’ missions. The amount of standing gained may be small but the increase itself is actually very large for characters with low standings.

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Thanks for the fast and informative response.

I’ve been recording my standings gain for the four main factions after each arc. Perhaps I’ll share my results as I progress if that would be interesting for anyone.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be great. I look forward to it.

Posting your results will show other players that ‘The Plan’ actually does work.

Thanks again and may you have much success and good luck.

remember that the "standing " window is bugged. Look at standing, make mission for that agent/corp/faction and look at standing again : your “previous” standing is incorrect.

1 Like

The new standings boosters will make running parts of this interesting…

1 Like

Yeah, I think they would work best for completing Epic Arcs, mainly Pirate Faction arcs.

All other Event Agent missions have derived standings, both positive and negative. Definitely don’t want a boost to negative derived standings.

I think it only affects positive gain, like social skill.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed this too. Fortunately, the deviations are fairly small.

1 Like

Over the past two weeks, I’ve been running elements of the plan, with the goal of improving my standing enough to run all four faction epic arcs. I’ve just completed that goal, and below I share some of my results with you.

Some details:

• I did not perform the entire plan, only a subset.
  • I ran 77 mission arcs. I am guessing that’s around 700-750 missions.
  • It took just over two weeks
  • I didnt calculate my isk earnings, but I’d estimate it at over $300M. I gave lots of stuff away to rookies.
  • I had Connections 4, Social 4, Fast Talk 3, Negotiation 5. Why didn’t I train Fast Talk to at least 4? Stupid, that’s why. Thought it was at 4 until I checked just now.
  • I started with standing of 1.79 / 3.10 / 3.55 / 3.39 (Amarr/Caldari/Minmatar/Gallente)
  • I finished with 3.15 / 3.48 / 5.93 / 6.33, for a total gain of 7.06 standing
  • You can find details in this Google Sheet.

1 Like

they are completely wrong. The closer your standing to 10/-10, the worse they are.

Actually Social and Connections skills should have been trained up to level 5. That would have made your standing increase larger.

Connections skill raises your current standing and Social skill increases the amount of standing gained for completing mission.

Nice standing increase, especially for only 2 weeks of work.

Obviously you only worked a small portion of ‘The Plan’. Doesn’t matter if a large or small portion of ‘The Plan’ is worked, it definitely shows it still works.

When the standing for all 4 main Factions got close to being equal, that’s when you could have bounced around back and forth between them and basically brought them all up together.

Anyway, thanks for posting and sharing that info. It will definitely help others who are looking to repair or increase their Faction standings.

Well obviously, higher social skills would result in faster standings increase. Of course, that would have required several days of training, so I think I prioritized my time effectively.

I was not reporting these skill levels as desired, merely as actual for reference.

Yes, I understand. But, as already stated, that was not my goal. I was trying to increase my Minmatar/Gallente as quickly as possible to run the epic arc.

I may go back and run the Caldari career agents for a bit Amarr/Caldari standing.

1 Like

if you want to get acess to the matar epic arc, the fastest is to get above -2 with the faction, then make missions for krusual tribes. I like to do some distributions with the toon I am increasing, while an alt who already has 5+ makes L4 security and shares rewards.

Does anyone know if the new standing boosters boost the total increase, or whether they just boost the Social Skill gain?

As in, say I do an Empire Arc, at the moment it gives me a boost of 12.5% (10 + 25% for Social V). So my question is, if I were using say the 50% booster would the boost it give me (10+25%)*1.5 for a total of 18.75% boost or (10+25%*1.5) for a total of 13.75% boost?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

That’s a good question which is best answered by a CCP Dev.

I think the 50% Social booster bonus is added to the Social skill bonus since it requires Social lv 1 to be trained first in order to use it.

Just did it, you get +2.0 change instead of +1.25 if you have both boosters active

Ofc that is modified with your skills and for higher standings you get diminishing returns on increase, I’ve been over 8.7 for a last 6 runs with all empires

This is after today

Amarr Empire:         9.58 
Caldari State:        9.48
Minmatar Republic:    9.48
Gallente Federation:  9.50 

And this is the boost, with both impetus booster and social skills to max: https://imgur.com/a/Fx7eMKW

2 Likes

Very nice, great job on bringing up the standings equally with the 4 main Factions.

1 Like

Yea, best part is I can start any L4 agent / locator agent in the game. Comes in handy from time to time.

Ammatar ones has enough corp standings to start, even though I should think of something to fix that one as well, with these new boosters it can be doable without messing up to much other standings

1 Like