Faction Warfare is dead, long live our robot overlords

It wouldn’t fix everything, but it would go a long towards community fixing by enabling more power to players to hunt and disrupt them ingame, on top of all the banning. At least as far as Offensive plexing bots goes, which really is a big problem, right now, and a massive player retention deterrent because there is simply no point in working together to take systems.

When the stabbed ship plex prohibition was introduced, it was met with the same reaction mind you, but it has helped a lot towards being able to hunt them down, but wasn’t a far-reaching enough measure.

As far as interfering with existing gameplay, unless you’re a noob, it wouldnt change anything as you still need to kill the rats for an offensive plex timer to continue, and it would in fact make it a lot more interesting in fights. For ep. as people could choose to rely on the rat scramming the invader, instead of their own midslot, combat plex specific fits could change a lot in pvp gameplay, and also always being forced to remain in plex and making sure the rats are dead before warping off and overall making easy escapes from combat more difficult …as it should be in a warzone in my opinion … Gameplay would change yes but not necessarily always assumed for the worst as some would think …

But within 1 week… Faction Warfare is full of bots again…

CCP?

Ah, good old anecdotal references beating cold hard, data

We did a 27 man fleet I Hub bash a couple day ago and regained control of a system. Looking at killboard since then… the majority of kills in that system are to BOTS

Bots re- taking control of the system.

Bots giving the most kills.

Ignore the bots and create NPC Gatecamp bots to kill actual players.

The irony that we now need official CCP bots to take care of the illegal bots in game is not lost. Many players pointed out that bots were going to soon run rampant and ruin other aspects of the game with the massive CCP layoffs and cuts to Team Security well over a year ago. What goes around… comes around.

It really sucks though (and I feel for the OP), because CCP is slowly driving the knife into what few gameplay options remain for actual players.

The NPC Blockade / CCP Bots have had no negative effect on the RMT FW bots… if anything, since the stupid NPC blockade was introduced FW RMT Bots have increased.

It is easy to spot the bots. All atrons or incursus, very similar name, running 24/7 novice plex only - hundreds of losses and 0 kills.

Bots are killing faction warfare

The new CCP Bots / NPC blockade bots are killing faction warfare also.

1 Like

Yes, free Alpha characters have had no impact on the game whatsoever…

^ I’m sure those are all legit player accounts… :roll_eyes:

Apologist posts incoming…

ISD calling it multi-boxing and such.

There are more… The moral in FW is low… people see all these frkn bots… then add NPC Blockade to instakill players is frkn bad idea in multiple ways and good for botting.

If you dont play FW then you have no idea (hint non fw including devs)

People are raising hell about bots down here on coms… across the board… Then on same coms you will hear as real players raise hell about bots “wth ?? an NPC Gatecamp just instalocked and destroyed my ship”.

So HTFU, “Grow a Pair”, enjoy your RMT Bots and CCP NPC Automated Instadeath Gatecamp

4 Likes

What are these NPC Blockades? I’ve been away for a while…

Arthur_Aihaken -

100 Man / 100 ship Gatecamp!! - nothing can pass including 8bil Marshal

Except… its frkn BOTS / NPC

Just what FW neads… more bots… and these bots kill the players as the RMT bots do their thing 24/7.

Do you have a link where I can read up on this? Are these anti-FW NPC gatecamps or what? Just wondering what release these came out with (trying to find anything on the forums these days is an effort in futility).

They kill pirates / non FW too…

Eve had link in some lore b.s that no one cares about… dont see it anymore. It came out of no where… when it started everyone was like wtf? No one… 0 zilch had a clue about it.

Anways… players were killing the RMT bots… but travel decreased due to NPC Bots Gatecamp which lead to lower moral and is helping RMT FW Bots.

I cant find the “Lore” link either.

1 Like

So CCP implemented a bunch of NPC gate camps in low-sec?

(2) - 100+ Ship Gatecamps that are 24/7

They 1 shot battleships instantly… not just FW players. Pirates too.

Only where the FW Bots operate i.e. FW Low sec.

The bots are bad… and the 100 Ship 24/7 NPC / Bot camp is Bad… (but good for RMT Bots)

So no more player-run low-sec gate camps?

They still exists… but you can deal with player gatecamp. You cant not deal with 100+ ship Bot / NPC instadeath gatecamp.

Just wondering how that works when a player-run group jumps through a gate to setup a gate camp and there’s an NPC one present. Are player-run gate camps now a rare event?

So what are the criteria for these gate camps attacking players, ie: what do you have to do? Suspect? Criminal? FW? Low Empire standing?

Some believe it is standing… but honestly that is being guessed at… there is no official statement on that… There was no for-warning they were comming, no statement when they first showed and killing everyone… inclduding Pod Killing.

Some b.s lore page released with no data to answer you question…

We think faction standing… but no data collected i,e. it kills non-fw priates too.

In the end it is NPC bots helping the RMT bots.

Bots, bots and more bots :slight_smile: