Faction Warfare is dead, long live our robot overlords

CCP, please fix the bot issue.
The highsec mining ventures seem gone, now the bots are back in FW spinning plexes.

I’m pretty sure you have the means and ressources to do this so PLEASE DO SOMETHING and avoid these bots from spoiling or ruining our game.

:robot:

5 Likes

So people who run shitty bots 24/7 are literally making like $270k a year…

5 Likes

Well, if CCP lets them, looks like it.

1 Like

Hang on, I thought Templar Dane was a bot?

He legit always flies off whenever I enter a plex.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hey maybe I might invest in some, get away with it for a few months via vpn and then be set for a few years :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not trying to encourage that, but that’s what the math worked out to.

1 Like

seems like a good investment ?? :thinking: easy fix CCP sort it out

1 Like

Look, I want CCP to be more aware of the issue, not turn this into a threat on how to bot in eve. Nobody should be advertising botting software on here. I recommend removing the link.

2 Likes

Not an advertisement… it is making people aware how easily available it is, I will remove link

1 Like

I mean I was unsure whether to include the RMT price in that estimate anyways, but its pretty clear that this botting ISK is going into RMT, and I found an RMT market analysis site whilst looking for what the exchange rate for ISK/USD is that they use when writing articles about the game. That site said 25.03 USD/5bn ISK.

Send the link to CCP through a petition though, they should know about it.

3 Likes

Wow. I knew these bots were making a ton of isk, but the figures quoted in this thread are just mind-blowing. I’ve been playing for a year and a half now, I think, and there’s always been some bots. In the past, I’ve hated to report them because it can be hard to tell whether someone is just farming and not looking to fight (and lord knows, I’ve done more than my share of that) or is a robot programmed to avoid conflict and maximize profitability. With this latest batch, there really is no doubt.

You can warp to a plex and watch the bot go through the exact same motions every time, and I certainly don’t think it’s a coincidence that we’ve seen fantastic successes by Dramiels or warp-speed-rig equipped ships at throwing off the calculated timings of these robotic deviants.

That’s the other part that shocked me. I knew that there were a lot of Gallente/Minmatar bots, but seeing the kill-boards, I had no idea how many members of the Amarr and Caldari militias were humanity-impaired! You guys have been up to your ears in it too, and I take back a lot of mean things I thought (and sometimes said :stuck_out_tongue: ) about you.

I wonder how many systems are in Faction Warfare (but not enough to google it) and whether or not there’s enough people on all four sides to just camp each system and run the novices, denying the bots of their hidey-holes.

(As for the data analyser, it’s a weird idea, but maybe there’s something to it. Faction Cyber Warfare… “Amarrian Prince needs 100,000,000 isk to get titan out of impound, Minmatar Hate Him: 7 ways to prevent rust FOR GOOD” :P)

6 Likes

70 systems in the Amarr/Minmatar warzone, 101 in the Caldari/Gallente warzone. But you have to remember, these bots operate around the clock, so you’d also need complete timezone coverage.

1 Like

I didn’t actually think anyone was playing anymore, I thought everyone was a bot these days. I mean who else would pay to fight bots for mining areas and on the market and pvp except other guys with bots?

5 Likes

can’t speak for everyone but i’m not a bot, i’m trying to end all this so i can get back to being bad at pvp. i know it isn’t for everyone no area ever is but there is a core of players who enjoy it and this is us fighting to protect it from RMT scum

2 Likes

Thats exactly what a bot would say! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

would a bot be actively advocating for there removal? maybe i don’t know, could be some elaborate double bluff.

At the moment i am just trying to get people aware of the issue, best case we get someone from ccp in here to respond and they can help, until then be loud, share this thread or fight back yourself, make a post, tell your corp, come kill them if you want https://zkillboard.com/kill/73776365/ this fit works well, check his kill board for proof.

we are just barely holding for now but that is with all hands on deck, burnout happens so we need more people to help as a stop gap and a long term solution or maybe we will get a fully automated lowsec

1 Like

With a fully automated lowsec, there might be finally enough bots for them to elect their own CSM representative to speak on issues dear to EvE onlines automated playerbase.

7 Likes

The funny thing is, a third party has essentially introduced miltia pvp rats that give little to no reward.

So I guess the only way to fight bots is with even MORE bots. I need someone to get a botfarm to help the Amarr.

i’m not saying that it wouldn’t work, most of the actions we are taking to fight this are easily automated but if we do it too then we are no better than the ones running the oplexing bots. we can’t break the rules to sort out people who break the rules. thats why we need ccp on this, they are the only ones who can meaningfully affect things here

3 Likes

Like I said, hunting bots is like ratting, but just kinda shitty.

Though tbf, I haven’t caught one in a while, they set me on their ‘avoid’ list very early on.

1 Like