Feature request: Audiable alarm to announce new ships on grid!

lame excuse. Why? I wear glasses and I can see the entire screen.

2 Likes

Devil’s advocate response: There are varying degrees of visual impairment, and not all of them are as simple as being unable to see clearly past a certain distance.

I suggested this for PVE when new ships warp in. Some voice message like “incoming threat detected”

I propose a button which shall be called “pussy” this will turn all guns into marshmellows making eve a place of high blood pressure and diabetes BUT making eve a place where you can’t be killed in game but ya fuked in RL

Seems people want games to be bubble wrapped like real life

1 Like

No ones forcing you to leave High Sec. The increased rewards of lower security space reflect the increased risk of those areas of space. Either accept the risk, find ways to mitigate the risk or stay in High Sec simple.

I like this idea…

I’m surprised at some people in this forum. Consider the silliness of rejecting that a threat should be announced by an audiable alarm when my own sensors detect it. I will listen out for whatever sounds are there.

In any case at least the overview tabs should be splittable to separate windows otherwise one might be on the wrong tab etc…

BUT for me with a 29in screen running 4K, if I look at the chat the overview is not in focus.

There already is an audio effect when someone lands on grid with you, it’s subtle, but there is a warp “thunk” when a ship lands (or leaves.)

No sound when someone decloaks on grid with you as far as I know though.

Yes Yes YES… Please CCP, this would make my* AFK botting so much easier, these audio warnings would allow me to setup an auto-warpout when someone arrives on grid, rather than relying on local as my intel, causing me to auto-warpout sometimes when people are simply passing through the system.
Sometimes seeing people arrive on grid is difficult for me, because I am not even looking at my computer when i am auto mining etc.

/Sarcasm
*Please note, I do not AFK Bot.

1 Like

Game features, which tremendously enhance afk game play, shouldn’t even be up for discussion.

1 Like

Always at 37 degrees celsius.

And you can actually adjust the audio to make certain sounds like this louder. For example I made the gate fire sound much louder so that I can hear it better as an ‘alarm’ when someone comes through the gate.

Why settle for gimmicks…

I’ll just make it a mid level mod made by low sec bpc drops if CCPLEASE wishes to do so and in different flavors. As for auto warp, no, it will only benefit bot accounts. :thinking:

Lol or just gtfo the second someone shows up in local like the rest of us? Dont go ratting in tama? unless ofc its a trap! then by all means.

You can be half blind and see the new asshole in local blinking in your periphery

Falcon 3.0, 4.0…absolutely epic flight sim. I went to Vegas to compete at a competition sponsored by Thrustmaster. Good time…a time when my reflexes were MUCH faster though. Great, comprehensive manual. The inverse of the Eve experience though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.