Federation Grand Prix - Event Feedback

You’re welcome.

Are you New Eden’s fastest pilot?

This mail title is a ridiculous misrepresentation of that event and a great display of how much out of touch the PR department is with reality.

4 Likes

you do not skip it if it goes away by itself.

I started the event with a character, only getting the HS in an inty; Then realized I could use a yacht to go in null sec and avoid SB.

Then I realized I should not care about my ship and use throwaway shuttles.
Considering I would lose a lot, I also add in an alt.

basically took me 7 h to raise from 0 to gold package (two characters)

And in the end, this event is completely stupid. you make 20+ jumps to get podded at the last of them.
I swear I had 6 times the destination of ienakkamon, I took 6 different routes, I failed each time and had to suicide myself (usually by running in a SB).
the thing is : what else could I do ? I need to WAIT FOR 20 ■■■■■■■ MINUTES. Can as well give it a try.

It cost me only 30 shuttles per toon + 7H for two toons (actually more since I started the second one later), and after trying in inty/yacht I realized that I took as long going and coming back in inty than going and suiciding in shuttle.

Whoever designed this : having to wait 20MINUTES FFS ARE YOU DUMB ? This is the OPPOSITE of fun, of interesting, or challenging. “you either die and lose nothing but your time or do nothing and lose your time”.

4 Likes

Wow, didn’t know there was another Event happening. Guess I should check into the game more often when I’m binge watching Sci-Fi flicks.

So this Event is made to get people podded? Doesn’t sound like a good event. From this thread it seems like the rewards are ok, I should probably read up on it.

2 Likes

This is a stupid time sink, no skill required, just run from Lumi to a destination, get points, repeat. You can continue watching movies while doing it.

3 Likes

So is there a specific hull class enforced to do this or can any ship be used?

Any, but you may choose something fast align and warp.

1 Like

Why, is the time constraint to complete each phase very small?

You run against the clock … it’s a lot of jumps for little reward, but it’s your time. :wink:

1 Like

Ha ha ha. I get it now. It’s an attempt to turn folks into care bears :rainbow::bear:, because its a time sink like most care bear activities.

:nyanparrot:

Well, according to this thread it seems there’s a bunch of disco gank ships waiting for players. I’d rather be in a ship capable of handling that threat than in a ship that’s easily destroyed.

Or maybe just run it in stealth mode.

I wish the races wouldn’t repeat.

Goto Amarr Throne Worlds … OK
Goto Amarr Throne Worlds … OK?
Goto Amarr Throne Worlds … seriously!?

2 Likes

And this is a Gallente event?

Kinda messed up for players who don’t have positive standings with all Factions, right?

2 Likes

Well the funny part? I am -10 to Amarr.

At least I got to moon the navy (several times) :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Now that would have been a site to see, as long as it wasn’t eclipsed by a black hole.

:wink:

3 Likes

you can do all of them in shuttles, with 1min-5min remaining .

the 5 min is for distant jumps, and they are needed if you want to avoid SB.

What you can do is buy a few shuttles, bring them the station close to the event, put your death clone here, and then suicide jump after a travel.

AFAIK you also can do them in inty, a yacht safely.

2 Likes

OK, so a cloaky T3 Cruiser with Nullifier sub won’t work?

let’s consider this : 5AU/s with insta align is just enough.

3AU/s with 5s align seems to me just worse.
plus you can’t self destruct after a run, meaning you need to come back.

4 Likes

I used a Hecate with three inertial stabs in propulsion mode to get through all the low-sec races. Wtih an align time of just over 1.1s and EHP of 12k it did the trick. Not quite as fast as an interceptor but infinitely more tanky.

I was actually more at risk from Federation and Minmatar police for having a -6 security standing.

Just ensure you warp to 100km for the Grand Prix start and any of the race destinations to avoid smart-bombing idiots.

3 Likes

Well, another aspect of EVE that’s denied to OSX users. With the memory leak issue under Wine you are guaranteed to crash at least once per race due the multiple gate jump requirement - so good luck trying to complete any of these races in time.

-1 out of 10.
Thanks for nothing CCP.

1 Like