Federation Grand Prix - Event Feedback

I think so, but Reason is so different from a traditional DAW that personal preference will certainly come into play. I sometimes miss some of the additional tools that used to come with Logic 9 (Compressor, Waveburner, etc.), but not enough to buy the new versions.

My only complaint is that, while most of the plugins are AUs, the Camel Audio and MainStage instruments are not, so I can’t use them in Live directly and need to use Soundflower to patch them in. Logic also seems to be a bit further along with MPE support, so using my Roli Blocks are a bit more functional with things other than Equator. We’ll see how that evolves over time now that the standard has been ratified by the MMA.

OK, enough audio geekery- sorry for the thread swerve :slight_smile:

1 Like

add more memory and the issue is solved then. I no longer have even the occasional issue having doubled my ram.

Watching XXX Holoreels.

…But the start beacon seems to be plagued by suicide gankers. Is the only strat to warp there with a pod/trash ship to trigger the start then when you’re blown up switch to a real ship? Don’t wanna be the complaining type but is this what they had in mind for this event?

5 Likes

This can only get better…

1 Like

Does the event still start if you warp at a random range?

As far as I can tell you don’t need to warp @0. On grid is sufficient. So first warp in you warp to 100 and make a bookmark while still in warp but on grid with whatever beacon you need to warp to (a couple of thousand km off is still fine). Use this bookmark from now on and make a new one every now and then.

1 Like

Wait until you get the races through low and null sec, fixed routes … with the smartbomb camps already running.

4 Likes

It’s not just low-sec and null. I already spotted a few Catalyst gate camps in high-sec. Does anyone else get the feeling that we’re feeding the sharks here?

5 Likes

My first destination was in lowsec. Not interested in spending time to avoid smartbombers or gatecamps, so screw this.

9 Likes

@Arianne_Kass Your only option is to wait out the timer in Luminaire and wait for another race to be assigned. But yes, I completely agree with your assessment. This will be like feeding the sharks for 2 weeks.

3 Likes

My other - and preferred - option is to skip the event.

11 Likes

That works, too. I was hoping for a break from Abyssal pockets, so despite the frequent crashes I’ll probably try to earn at least a few of the low-tier rewards.

I imagine they want us to use throwaway alt for it. Rookie ships are free.

Easier to just avoid all low-sec and null-sec races.

True, but sitting around for 15 minutes doing nothing is also not my idea of fun.

3 Likes

It’s not that hard to avoid the camps. Right now just warp at distance and make a ping on the opposite side of the gate from where they’re camping, they won’t reposition for just one dude (and probably can’t do it fast enough anyways).

1 Like

I ran into a 'dictor camp with smartbombs and a few interceptors ready to chase rabbits. A cloak might have got me through but there was no way of avoiding it, except not going.

Well, just a cheap frigate and an empty clone anyway. :wink:

1 Like

How odd. I haven’t noticed a single one. I’m on my…sixth race now I think. One in lowsec so far. Not only was there (surprisingly) no gatecamps on the way into lowsec, nor was there a camp waiting at the site there, but I’ve never seen a suicide gank or anything at the starting line either. And I’ve been there several times, uncloaked for a minute or two, while I’m setting up the next waypoint for the races.

I honestly don’t think this is a problem. Also, given that speed is king here…a quick-align ceptor with some shield tank in the mids is all you really need. It’s not even worth ganking to be frank about it. I don’t even have access to ceptors, so I’m in a more expensive ship, and I still haven’t been so much as approached at any point, nonetheless locked or fired upon.

2 Likes

Fly and see now.