Federation Grand Prix - Event Feedback

Okay. So, I got another lowsec dive. Like eight jumps in lowsec. I completed it in a shuttle.

There was one smartbombing gatecamp for that trek. I noticed a certain system had a larger-than-normal amount of people in it, and that half of them were flashy criminal. So, I did my best to bounce off a celestial and I managed to skate by. Barely, but I did. Considering that these are systems where I do not have the luxury of gate perch bookmarks, nor do I have the luxury of a scouting alt, and time is very much of the essence I think this went fairly well.

The worst that could happen is that I get caught by said gatecamp and popped. If they get both the shuttle and pod, that’s less than 30 thousand isk I’m out. Not the biggest deal in the world.

And that is the nature of EVE - some people look to take advantage of new content early on (look at how rich people got off Abyss space). Some people look to take advantage of those people. I’m still not really seeing a problem.

2 Likes

Just don’t do the event. It’s that simple. There’s probably no prizes worth the effort anyway.

4 Likes

So i am doing it now, and for now it is a waste of time, as I have to jump around 10 gates to get to Luminaire. Lets see what will happen later.

Ok, for now its just an exercise in kleptomancy for me. I think I could make more stealing from yellow cans than doing this event…

1 Like

You don’t have to warp to zero on the beacon you know.

1 Like

No, but you do emerge from gates at a certain distance. Luminaire to Postouvin is through nullsec with gate camps, for example. But think of the content! :wink:

Yes, Autopilot for the win.
Think of the content!

I think numerous deaths were planned.

If you’re running these races in a shuttle into low-sec you’re just begging to be smart-bombed into oblivion. Now all CCP needs to do is have smartbomb damage destroy wrecks and the salt fest can begin.

Watch out for gankers at the starting line in Luminaire. There is about 20 frigates at the start line at all times.

30 gankers with smart bombs will ruin the event.

1 Like

And? Perfect opportunity to get in on some ganker killmails…

Comments like yours only prove why ganking needs banned in High Sec or more harsh needsd punishment dealt out for the High Sec ganker.

Three members in your corporation, excellent recruiting standards.

1 Like

Aww, you actually think players in here post with their main. How adorable…

1 Like

Newb here, I am used to being able to mouse over and click pretty much everything, but when I go to the grand prix area in Luminaire, a timer just starts counting down with a system name. None of the mouse over or clicking, so I open up the star map, write in the name of the system, then mouse over that and set destination? Not sure what I am doing wrong. Normally there is an agent to talk to, or a mission to accept., Here it just starts a small tiny countdown timer, and doesn’t give a route, nor does it open up a chat window, nor is there anyone to talk to.

What am I missing here? Did I accidentally close a window? Is there a stetting I need to select?

2 Likes

You need to find the system either through contacts and places (Alt+E, then search the system name), or by typing the system name in any chat box, highlighting it and selecting Auto Link->Solar System.

1 Like

Ganking is great studies have shown 9 out of 10 players present during a gank have a great rewarding experience.

2 Likes

I tried the GP on an alt yesterday… startline at that time wasnt an issue - but getting to the finish was due to gatecamp. Shame really, or possibly designed by CCP to not have to give away the free stuff :joy:

1 Like

I do! But I’m well aware not everyone does. :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, with those 9 out of 10 players being the gankers.

:smirk:

2 Likes

nope, gankers usually use multiple accounts. There is often only one player ganking.

1 Like