Federation Grand Prix - Event Feedback

Good point, I should have said characters instead of players.

not you, dark_engraver (and this was a joke actually )

May have been said in fun but it’s still valid nonetheless.

If you’re looking for honest feedback, this event has probably been one of the most tedious I’ve participated in. I understand from comments on Reddit that the development team in charge of this event didn’t have enough time or resources to fully realize it, so I’ll try not to be too critical.

I think most of us were expecting an actual race, you know - you warp to a location and compete with a bunch of other players for 1st/2nd/3rd to race along a course (possibly through obstacles like an asteroid field or environmental effects). That would’ve encouraged some creative fits for ships, actual piloting and some skill.

Instead what what we got was mindless jumping from point A to B with constant returns to point A. Added to this was the tedious waiting for races into low or null-sec to timeout.

4 Likes

Ah, that explains why I crashed almost every race! Makes doing it in the time require a very fast warp ship to make up for lost time.

1 Like

This event gets incredible dull after a short time. Going back and forth all the time is just too boring and repetetive. Would be better if it was like: A to B to C and so on.

Also. Most of the sites like any description of what they are. There is a huge lack of text describing the lore behind these sites. So instead you just end up with a pointless rat race without anyone caring about where they go.

6 Likes

You can LITERALLY go back over a FREAKING YEAR and see the same excuses, whines, and lies from the event dev’s on reddit and here.

OVER AND OVER they literally say this same song and dance of “limited tools, too busy, other projects” each time their new event is garbage.

Don’t take my word for it, go check ccp devs own comments that are Identical to BS they said events ONE FREAKING YEAR AGO.

TIME TO GET GOOD EVENT TEAM. CUT THE EXCUSES

2 Likes

This event is probably the least engaging one that CCP has made in a long while. Previous sites encouraged semi-meaningful PVP even in high-sec. Now it’s (apparently) just smartbombing shuttles, frigates, and interceptors when they come across your route. Not being able to set destination from the window where your objectives are presented is awful and adds needless steps to getting a reward that is already tedious.

The accelerators as rewards are great as always but having to grind that long and do absolutely nothing but press jump in the direction of your destination (and back to the cursed system) is tortuous. Having the loot drop from previous sites be random but potentially lucrative was a better way to go.

3 Likes

I ended the event @75 points. Enough to get the Quafe crate and the silver stash of accelerators. This is enough to boost me through until July 3 when they expire. I have absolutely no desire to return to Luminaire as long as I live…

PS. If anyone contacts me in-game I’ll send you all the high-sec race destinations bookmarks to save you some time (will contract them to you @Jita).

3 Likes

Brother, all you need is another 25 points to complete it, right?

How many points does each race give?

Between 1-6 points. The most I’ve seen for high-sec races is 4 points; for low-sec and null-sec the highest has been 6 points.

3 Likes

First! :smiley:

Coreli Corporation approves this Event, though ■■■■ the Federation!

Sorry CCP Falcon Not interested.

1 Like

Overall I think this event is pretty cool, and it’s certainly something different which I like.

Travel fit blockade runner is proving itself to be one of the best ships in EVE, as usual, and leaving yachts and quite a few inties in the dust. Pow!

I just wish we got a point or two for returning back to Luminaire every time.

1 Like

Different is good. Repetitive, mundane and tedious isn’t.
As I said earlier, an actual race would be cool.

3 Likes

Welp… Had to go to Dead end 3 time in a row… this is fun right!

1 Like

3 times to Dead End? Nope!

Here are the notes I took. after I started to use throwaway shuttles, I also noted the destinations and (at first) the jumps and reward. As the reward (and the jumps obviously) did not change I stopped writing this, so maybe it actually changed and I didn’t realize it.

system jumps reward #done
amarr 12 3 2
charmerout 5 1 2
deadend 21 5 6
geztic 19 4 3
ienakkamon 17 5 7
iyenoustra 9 2 4
lanngisi 11 3 2
pashanai 9 2 3
pator 11 2 4
postouvin 24 6 2
saminer 19 4 2
shastal 16 4 1
yrmori 13 3 7
total 45

for almost all systems you can jump in a cita/station to self destruct.
Only exception are deadend, saminer, and geztic I think.

• deaden had a BS SB camp 2 jumps before, it’s faster to go to them than to eject and self destruct.
  • saminer you can go back any of the two systems close and destruct in station
  • geztic, once at the beacon jump to closest gate and then to closest citadel to destruct.

So for most systems, to compute the reward/jumps you should add 2 for deadend, one for saminer and geztic ; then add one to all as you need to dock, leave shuttle, wait for sessions change, self destruct, wait for session change, go in next shuttle, wait for undock, warp to the beacon.

Also, I had issues only with ienakkamon, meaning I successfuly did only one of the 7 trips (sometimes with longer routes). meaning I did 17*6 = 102 jumps for NOTHING. (even a 24 jumps, I had to self destruct 2 jumps from ienakkamon)

2 Likes

Oh the (clone) humanity…

tenor