Federation Grand Prix - Event Feedback

I’d like to amend my previous opinion on this event.

It’s a soul-sucking waste of time and I feel myself withering away and hating all things good and pure after only a few hours of doing this.

To grind enough for gold loot is insane. I’m at 41 points and I already cannot believe the huge amount of wasted time I spent running around EvE instead of doing literally -anything else- in EvE. By comparison, mining is entertaining.

Like, I don’t know who designed this event, but it’s evident they have a deep-seeded and passionate hatred of the people who play their game.

8 Likes

thank you, I have an issue with expressing myself and that totally explains myself. :slight_smile:
(BTW I got gold on two toons)

2 Likes

I think if it has to be the way it is now, then a jump clone reset after completing or starting a race would have been ok. However I think it would be better if there was less gate distance involved, maybe restrict it to Gallente systems within 7 jumps of Lumin and make the courses mainly things in system and sublight on occasion, just put some beacons as markers or something and say speed to one beacon while staying in x distance of two beacons or w/e and maybe a leaderboard. If you did that with varying course layouts, and restricted to rookie corvettes, then we would be seeing all the cool theory crafting of fits and strategies for various courses instead. Maybe next time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Making these “courses” rather than an immediate return to Luminaire would have made this more engaging and introduced a kind of “scaling”. Reach desto 1, it activates desto 2 which is worth slightly more and has a slightly harsher time constraint. Keep going through the chain until you fail or end up back at Luminaire. Perhaps chains are 4 destinations total, with each quarter being from a different set of possible beacons, and then a final Luminaire return worth at least 1 point.

Anyone can complete one or two legs of the “race” and repeat to grind out rewards, but will need faster ships to get the higher-value beacons. This might also shift campers to those endpoints, because they know certain types of ships would be needed to get that far, and make the more dangerous destinations a challenge - risk more to earn more/faster.

9 Likes

So the fastest way seems to be to take a shuttle and spam the “Jump” button, get to end and self destruct pod back to starting line clone bay.

I do not think anyone play tested this or thought it through.

As a new player I did learn a bunch. What a warp bubble is, what a gate camp is, how to use local, ship insurance, jump clones, market fluctuations of shuttle prices, market fluctuations of boosters, how to use the star map, security status, difference between “Jump” and “Warp to within 0”, warping speeds, turning/align speeds, how AOE works, how to put crates in my station locker to make compartments, some lore, met some amazing people in the community, some who “collect corpses” and kept linking me mine, and made some great ISK I will use to buy skill injectors.

I think the event should have rewarded speed so I could have seen some cool ships instead of rewarding shuttle self destruct. I have seen far worse events in online games before with much worse rewards, so this event is pretty decent for a new player like me.

I will have some good starter cash and some skill injectors to help train up the magic 14 core skills.

Do any rare skins drop from the loot crates?

4 Likes

Speaking only for myself - I didn’t find any rare SKIN drops.

2 Likes

How nice. The event causes massive shuttle spam on the target locations. Would you please clean up the mess right now?

2 Likes

Just learned how to plot out an alternate course backdoor through lowsec while on the move to avoid the gate camp. 5 points for Gryffindor!

2 Likes

It would have been nice if the gold prize contained something good. I got better drops from the silver prize

2 Likes

extended. Only in it.

1 Like

I am raking in the ISK from this event. I am dumping the isk back into skill injectors. I think I am addicted to them. Sucking them up like oil from an oil rig.
I drink your skill injector milkshake.
Skill point DDDRRRAAAIIINNNAAAGGGEEE!!!

I need more!
MORE INJECTORS!

1 Like

If this idea involves getting into a shuttle, empty pod and ejecting + self destructing the pod on arrivial, many people started doing that after a couple of hours. A poor player could go to any of the destinations and collect hundreds of shuttles.

2 Likes

I tried that. The shuttles would not scoop to cargo. The only way to retrieve them appeared to be to fly up in a pod and board them individually. Given that you could not warp to them individually this was a complete pain to do for not that much return.

Unless someone knows a better way to pick them up?

2 Likes

No I don’t. Guess it is for even poorer players than I thought.

My feedback:

Negatives:

• It doesn’t feel like a race.
  • No speed rush, no awe, no tight calls, no excitement (e.g. it’s boring)
  • All of the destinations are easily reached in time with a shuttle and no implants.
  • Not true that there is a new destination each time
  • Fkn hate Luminiere system now
  • The only skill involved is endurance of my finger clicking “jump” again and again.
  • There is absolutetly zero feeling of competition and I doubt that anyone feels they’ve accomplished anything, apart from raking in the loot at the end.
  • Then some minor points around visibility of the timer and such.

Plus side:

• a great way for new and/or poor players to make some ISK (sadly without learning much in the process)
  • there is a chance that people might learn to use tacticals instead of warping straight to outgate
  • Guys suicide-ganking in SB Battleships in Lumi or the destination systems: you rokh

Without guys smartbomb-camping the gates, this Event would suck even more. So thank you!

Neutral:

• only starting point in Highsec which makes it harder for people -5 and anti-Gallente
4 Likes

The rewards are very nice but the event is very, very boring.

Especially the trips back to Luminaire feels very repetitive and as a waste of time. Would be better to change it to a checkpoint system so you can continue from the spot you are atm. Measure the time and give us actual winners for the different stages at the end of the event and let them have a cup to brag with.

For the next time i would suggest you make it less of a grind and more an adventure to famous landmarks in new Eden. The Eve Gate, B-R5RB, Asakai, Saranen, etc.

5 Likes

have an alt in an orca.
cough poor players cough

1 Like

I thought about that but I do not know how to multi-box / do not have two accounts anyway.

In theory, the option of swapping pilots between orca and shuttles would be just too risky with so many other pilots flying around. So, that would also be out.

I did wonder if there was an alternative way to anchor “something” that I could then load or fix the shuttles onto, and then collect them all together at once, but could not think of any.

Can you scoop the ship if it is yours? You could dock the Orca, then hop in a bunch of ships to reset them to be yours, then come back and scoop a bunch at a time?

I guess you could also deploy a Raitaru nearby (about the same cost as an Orca) and 24 hours later, start boarding and docking them there.

I’m not sure either though is worth your time given how little a shuttle is worth. Maybe it would be faster to take a cheap combat frigate, board the shuttle, reboard your frigate, and shoot them for the insurance. Pretty low ISK/h, so I would use something with T1 crystals so that ammo costs don’t chew into your profits.

No shuttle but hyper-rigged instawarp with MWD+some tank T1 frigs.