Federation Grand Prix Time Trials Contest YC123

Indeed, and I did agree that some basic instruction would be helpful to get things rolling

Ahhhh ok so it ignore the prereqs for the ships?

So even though interceptor ships still say I don’t have skills to fly them, I actually do?

So then why not just add Evasive Maneuvering V to the expert system anyways?

no TBH you need null sec skills ---- I’m sure people love being killed in a fixed game-- gate camping require so much skill — what is lovely about eve is that you can discover things with a bit of risk — but the streamers on twitch will do well and CCP profit by more ship loses. I will just avoid any events meanwhile.

…maybe talk to people, and wreck this guy that’s camping with his sabre. I know the one, and I’m actually working on something to get him to move. Not all things are fightable, but a solo or mostly solo destroyer is with some coordination or asking for help.

1 Like

well i did think of using a fleet to do the grand prix ------ but you don’t ever see that in most fast car racing:) but you don’t have smart bombs in that world either.

Warp Speed Booster slot 10? Must be a mistake.
Im always on a Cerebral Booster, meaning theese 2
none inventory boosters are trashcan items.

Might wanna change it to 11 or 12.

That sounds like a personal problem.

It’s kind of ironic that this is exactly like expert system’s, except it is eve online itself using the expert system . Dev time goes in a limited event comes out and after all the work eve goes back to where it was before.

I mean if it inspired new players to stick then sure well worth but from the comment’s it seems to be having the opposite effect where the new players are the ones getting shafted.

2 Likes

i cant complete extra lap ((((((((

Thought i would give this event a go and completed the whole thing today. Whilst i could have taken my time in the high sec bits i decided to blitz it, a couple of observations.

1. I felt that I needed the large agency window open, especially during the low/null sec bits, it would be nice if that window could be resized.

2. Some locations didnt have a beacon nor any reference the the location in the Agency description which so it was uncealr where to warp to, not sure if this was intentional or not, but putting here in case it ws an oversight.

3. Towards the end of the event peopel had obviously cottoned on to what was going on an there was some camping of sites in the low/null sec areas, this is more as a heads up for others doing the routes.

Overall though, different and quite enjoyable.

5 Likes

That would make more sense.

As it stands most people are confused as hell and Rookie Help chat is working overtime to explain how it all works, with half of them believing they still have to pay ISK to unlock and train the real skills.

3 Likes

Extra Lap is bugged. The “Mysterious Probe” in “Charmerout” dont work there. I stand next to it and the timer just continues so you cant finish the extra lap at this route . And this was the last target before returning to the finish line… thats really annoying.

EDIT: So South route and NORTH route are bugged in extra lap. I dont have info on eastern route

1 Like

anakin

6 Likes

I would not have revealed that mechanism :rofl:

Can confirm, I’m sitting right next to it and nothing happens. Really disappointing, it’s the last one before the finish and then you realize the whole run was useless…

So I completed the race once. Not sure which route it was, (Southern, Eastern or Northern) the starting point was in Luminaire system . Now I have an option to start the race again, the starting point is Luminaire system and it shows up as the Eastern route. Is it a different one this time or will a new route be available some other day of the event?

Clearly late to the event now due to time zone i live in and yup the smart bombers are loving this ill conceived event, would have been great if was not so much a race but an activity like discovery or epic arks, just achieve it some time in your career. bore the smart bomb campers out etc. Also do them in any order… yes there will be a most efficient route but them thar in Dead End etc are loving this…

2 Likes

I just want to point out that this event should be implemented in the new player missions, not as a speedrun or competition but as learning to navigate and find your way around the game. At the same time see all these amazing places that you get to see during this run. I think that it would be a great asset to let new players get this experience.

Kind Regards

theQu4lm

1 Like

I’m about 12 sites in right now. This was my first time seeing the Capsuleer Memorial and I’m glad I did. It really makes me proud to now be a part of this community.

5 Likes

Should I use my Jackal implants (Ladar set bonus) for this Grand Prix event?

Fly a Stiletto but pilots will just still smart bomb the run right?

As @Cade102 showed us Smartbombed

1 Like