Feedback on Dr. Who Event

The problem of market volatilty was a hard hit. Buying filaments one day and run and sell the loot the same day gave a little gain. Wait one day to run the site and filament and loot prices went halved all the way to basically zero value… I had to work hard to contain losses… I really whish this will have some more random priced loot next time or else this mechanic won’t age really well…

Welcome to supply and demand. As more people do the event, more loot will be sold lowering the price.

Not sure what CCP can do about that if we keep to the spirit of the game and the player driven market.

This is also why buying the filaments never made sense but making your own doesn’t carry this issue.

This is pretty normal for all events which means you can easily plan and either sell loot quick at the beginning to impatient people or if your a buyer wait till the end to buy at the best prices.

This issue is not moreso a problem with your tactics and misplaced expectations and not a problem with the event.

Some CCP devs are answering questions about the event on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/seb50c/ama_we_are_ccp_games_developers_of_eve_online/
Come join the conversation and ask your questions !

Honestly I wouldn’t mind the grind if they gave me… 2 more months. Three things dominated my mind during the month (ignoring outside game stuff).

We were wardecced and instead of ignoring it, I showed up to help with structures. This took half the month. once that was done…

I was helping my corp do something and I was stuck in a wormhole for the duration.

A moon pop happened and it was a super one instead of the normal one. I can’t miss that.

So that left me very little time for the event. In the winter nexus, if it was down to the last week I could still participate in the fights and the ice. Here, it seems like I’m going to miss almost all of it. I just scraped together some stuff for the last stage and am stuck waiting for things to manufacture becuase I wanted to experience things in house rather that just purchse filaments.

A lot of people complained it was a lot of grind for little ISK. I don’t mind actualy. I like the idea of making relics instead of data analyzer do the job. A triple stage event seems kind of neat to me.

But at least give us time if the event is going to be a staged one…

1 Like

I ran t3s in a Maller:

[Maller, Maller]

Damage Control II
Imperial Navy Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Imperial Navy Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Shadow Serpentis Medium Armor Repairer

Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Scorch M

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin II x3

Conflagration M x5
Scorch M x5
Navy Cap Booster 800 x15
Imperial Navy Multifrequency M x5
Nanite Repair Paste x44
Agency ‘Hardshell’ TB7 Dose III x1
Standard Exile Booster x1

Needs a fitting implant

Are you a new player who started just before the event began ?
I managed to succeed t2 combat with a stabber fitted with that

[Stabber, Mydoctorwho t1t2]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

220mm Medium Prototype Automatic Cannon
TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher
TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Projectile Burst Aerator I

Hobgoblin I x3
Hornet I x2

Titanium Sabot M x1468
Fusion M x640
EMP M x100
Scourge Light Missile x1894
Republic Fleet EMP M x2184

My skills levels are too low for t3 sites but I’m happy that I could do the t2 thanks to the help of other players who advised me for the fitting, but the rewards of t2 combat aren’t good enough compared to the efforts ( I’ve tried with rupture and got destroyed, tried with stabber and got destroyed, then made this fit and it worked).

The combat sites should have been more rewarding considering they’re harder to succeed and the fits cost way more compared to hacking. If you add to that the skill learning time for combat, I should have better trained archeology to level 5 instead of improving my fighting skills.

The good side is that I’ve had a lot of fun and will be ready in case the Daleks or other Doctor Who event come up in the future.

Personally, I didn’t understand the event other than for new players.

The exploration wasn’t challenging. People were literally tripping over the signatures (31 in 1 system was the highest I personally saw) and the hacking game again, was as predictable as normal.

The rewards for explo were poor. Skins (max battlecruiser) and some accelerators (which offered nothing more than already on the market).

The industry side was poor as once you’ve created a few filaments, you had an endless supply of materials to create more filaments and so the cycle continued.

Again, another event where it’s far easier and more profitable to go after standard relic/ghost sites, sell the loot and just buy the rewards you want rather than a grind in the hope you get whatever you want out of it.

The Dr Who tie in was weak (thank god) and the whole thing imo, was a complete waste of ccp money as it offered very little to the end player

1 Like

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say “thanks CCP”.

I very much enjoyed the Dr. Who event although I don´t know the original series. Especially the exploration filaments were great and I do hope that you consider bringing them to the game outside of a one time event as a regular activity.

1 Like

it was stupid. the end.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.