Feedback

So to spam picts, one first has to spam, Got iT!

Thank you, will look into the styles for this, could be good to solve for those with smaller resolution, but want to use half the screen for forums. :slight_smile:

We don’t have a back-to-top button, in that form. Instead the post line (located to the right of the topic), and the post counter (mobile/small windows) server that purpose. Clicking the counter in smaller windows will display the line, where you can drag to where you want to be on the topic.

Therefore it also serves as a “I want to be at the end, middle or anywhere in between” path.

Here are a couple things I think should be improved in the new forums:

Hovering the mouse over the thread should show a preview of the thread like in the old forums
The character limit and how many characters have currently been written should be shown when writing replies
The character portraits next to posts should be larger and should be accompanied by the name and total amassed Likes of the poster
Notifications seem a little buggy, I’m getting notifications of nothing

There should be a way to make text underlined. It can be made bold or italic with Ctrl+B/Ctrl+I, but Ctrl+U opens the source code.

I am enjoying the new layout the setup is very nice for some of us older folks who learned HTML language this is awesome. I can say this is really cool.

1 Like

+1

It seems like there is a lot of great functionality in the chosen set-up. I can see some great potential for very strong forum shi!

The font is starting to feel a bit thick / contrasty. Is there a way to tone that down?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Quote obscured by Opera’s copy/search pop-up menu

Add zoom button in profile to see large rectangular avatar.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can we have signatures?

• I have a slight visual impairment and I am having some readability issues with the message writing section. Don’t know why but apparently I read better the posted emssages than when I am writing them…? :question:
  • there should be an option to use square forum avatars ressembling better the portraits made by the players, just make it optional
  • also the current portraits are too small at least for me, I browse the forum at 133% zoom (as the old ones) but I have difficulty telling avatars, they’re too small even zoomed in.
  • there should be an option to see a player’s full portrait by clicking on his forum portrait
  • images take a lot of scren space in mobile devices, maybe there should be an option to switch them on and off, at least while you’re scrolling down on a mobile device
  • also for mobile devices, I would like a way to scroll the page by keeping pressed a button, rather than sweep manually in strides made of 2 or 3 messages

@CCP_Falcon
I didn’t even notice because this seems to be easily avoidable by simply replying to and reading the private messages that discobot sends.
I guess that might not be intended ?
:smile:

This is the correct size of avatar for this forums. I want it in every post.

3 Likes

Larger avatar pics would be nice.

Is there a good reason why corp/alliance details are not on display?

Could anyone enlighten me as to why they are not visible.

2 Likes

The way that things are displayed could be separated out better.

Everything runs together on them. There’s no separation between… anything, really. Every forum, thread, and post are essentially one long mass of text with only a narrow line to separate them. It feels like I’m simply reading one long post instead of multiple posts by different people.

It feels like I’m being forced to use a mobile version of the forum while on a desktop, but with none of the perks of an actual mobile device and all of the drawbacks (most notably the running-together of everything).