Filaments require a re-balance

And give us back the #@$%$&^#%^& systems the Trugs stole.

2 Likes

How about some goofy magic science where the only place filaments to and from trig space work is in the systems with the clogged gates and the place they send you is the system in Pochvenhell where the clogged gate used to go.

1 Like

Something like that might also work, depending on the details, but I’d prefer to suggest to CCP a job as simple and straightforward as possible, just to be safe.

Their nature is totally random, and, Eve is way too unforgiving as of now.
I would limit their use to security status, so gankers with low sec status could only
use say Crab, pochven, etc but not highsec.

for all the other parts… nay… as I said. They are random.

I like that!

Actually both ways would in my mind be similar dev work as the gates used to be open and linked there and also the filament’s have a small section of places they can go to already, to limit it to 1 should not be to bad.

Obviously a dev reading this and knowing the code is going to roll their eyes thou 100% knowing its probably 3 days of implementation and 2 weeks of bug fixing xD.

1 Like

Thats a bit of a stretch as it’s hardly a hard days work, but then you’d have to make them concentrate on only one thing for a whole day.

Impossible.

The promised Edencom content: Conquer and win them back.

(or just too much work for CCP devs again)

1 Like

Filaments need to change.

When I first started playing Eve I was so bad at PvP my friends would use my frozen corpse as currency. Today I have over 23 killmarks across multiple Asteros alone.

Those 23 killmarks on my SCANNER are the result of me making an effort to learn how to hunt and engage in the PvP-side of the game. “The skill of the player is always more important than the in-game skillpoints themselves.”

These filaments say to me, “Your skill as a hunter is all for naught.”

4 Likes

They can fix filaments by attaching a substantial security status penalty for using them. Sure you can rat your status back up over time but use them over and over and you will be trapped in low/null.

For instance your first use of any filament would result in 25% loss of sec status and each use after that within 7 days would result in 50,75,100% losses in sec status.

They havent gone anywhere, you just clearly dont know how to use them properly

So basically they would be illegal.

Best get them off the market then.

No… That would be actively punishing players for using them.

That’s not what is needed. There just needs to be a RISK involved with using them, not a punishment…

5% chance of ship explosion/damage

Yeah, but in my opinion, the problem with that is much the same as the sec status penalty idea…

It would work as an active deterrent from using them at all.

Filaments were INTENDED to bring more PvP, so by running the risk that some fleet members could die just from using it, that would actively deter their usage and make them completely non-viable for fleet movement.

Honestly what is needed is just to remove the “instant escape” feature…

I’m not saying my “Cyno beacon” idea is the best option, but the idea is to keep them as a viable tool for fleet movement, but remove the “Instant escape” BS and give hunters a chance to catch people who use them.

1 Like

I thought that was what the majority here wanted?

Yes punishment must be given for using them. No exception for high seccer to use them must be punished.

LOL, sometimes it does seem that way…

The problem is they (in their current state) are a Love/Hate type of item… Some people here actively defend them and want no change (note the first 2 comments), others want them removed altogether…

I don’t want that, I just want balance. There are so many other options/tactics available to players to elude capture, an instant escape portal that cannot be countered is just BS…

Honestly, I’m just hoping this thread can generate enough interest to get people thinking about better ideas and hopefully get some attention from a CCP dev…

1 Like

Between Filament’s and Arena we have a huge population of pvp players now living in Jita.

1 Like

Ok lets see…

What about a “Horror Movie Car Ignition” system.

It only takes a couple of seconds to spool up, but itll only work the first time 5%. Then it takes 4 seconds but its 10%. 8 seconds for a 20% chance of working and so on?

4 Likes