First CSM Summit Meeting Minutes

Last time CCP talked about attributes they shied away from removing them due to fears of the LP market.
Is there any indication that this time will be different?

Resource Wars, Please hit CCP hard about this and get them to realise the content was actually fine, it just had negative rewards, literally negative rewards for a lot of the items in the stores from it. If they give it some form of decent reward it will get run, there were groups that ran it for a while despite the lack of rewards.

Weirdly if you want groups in highsec you need to reduce the number of stations.

And please get CCP to acknowledge High & Low Sec more in these meetings.

The MAU can still be high despite that, what it would mean is people are playing shorter sessions.

2 Likes

It COULD have done that 2 years ago, or 4 years ago, or 8 months agoā€¦
It did it during the blackout.
Coincidence, Iā€™m sureā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t get your paranoia here? You compared two stats and said because one was low the other couldnā€™t be highā€¦
I explained how it could be high.

Iā€™m really not understanding your response as it seems somewhat devoid of content.

1 Like

Seemed pretty clear to me.
Iā€™m speaking English. Maybe you need to brush up.

So it seems that there are more people in total logging in to EvE, they just arenā€™t logging in every day. Thatā€™s one load off my mind.

Interdiction-nullified shuttlesā€¦honestly, that sounds like a good idea to me if they were a special advanced variant that couldnā€™t carry any cargo. Speaking from a lore perspective - which Iā€™ll readily admit is my most-used lens for viewing this game - it always sounded like nullification was a pretty advanced technology that should require T3 ships or modules to use, minimum.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my thoughts at a glance (just a short novel)

I do hope CCP arenā€™t just going off half cocked again when it comes to issues in Sov Nul.

Case in point - From the CSM minutes; .

CCP Fozzie says that it is possible to use system-wide effects and just every couple of months select one third of nullsec regions randomly to remove remote repairs.

While at a quick glance this looks good it has more downsides than positives.

As a member of a smaller Sov holding group we field a lot of logi because for much of the time we are fighting numbers that far exceed our own - The ability to field a lot of logi allows us to hold our own in these types of fights.
If CCP were to remove the ability to effectively use logi or use it at all for a period of time, our little group would end up losing everything we have worked and fought for.

OR we could just align with one of the major Blocs and add to the overall stagnation.
Joining a Bloc would ensure our Sov would be safe as they would not be affected by removing remote reps in their space simply because MORE NUMBERS will always win.

CCP Rise finally saves my fingers and steps in and says that Aryth is right that if there is a chance of losing then they are going to try and get kills and logistics prevent that right now.

Damn so wrong - If there is a chance of losing - - Most simply wonā€™t fight.
Logistics is the key to every fight in nulsec but its not faxes or subcap logistics - It comes down to the logistics of WHO CAN GET THE MOST BODIES ON GRID.
Many ā€œfightsā€ are won and lost due to how big the fleet you are opposing is, much of the time without a single shot being fired.

CCP Fozzie says that this is the scale where anti logistics electronic warfare would be viable as a mechanic

Sadly this is a self perpetuating problem - Ewar ships (especially shield doctrines) typically have very little tanking ability, which leads to MORE logi being required to try and keep them alive.

Silly suggestion maybe - Move EWAR mods to highslots, disallow remote reps while mods are active but give them something like siege module with a short duration but high effectiveness.
100% DPS safety while active but still be vulnerable to opposing Ewar for counter play.
It should have a short duration (60 seconds) long cooldown (2 or 3 minutes) between cycles.
Can still activate Ewar mods without ā€œsiegeā€ but you are more vulnerable.
The Ewar applied should be based on hull size - So if a Falcon is trying to jam a tackle Frigate Ewar is less effective than if he is targeting a Fax or a Super capital.

Cyno changes put down to in part - Slowing down the movement of goods between nul and highsec.
Again, has little affect on large groups while hitting smaller groups much harder.

If CCPā€™s goal is to drive all smaller groups out of Sov space or force them to align with the few Blocs - What is talked about in the CSM minutes is a great next step in that direction.
Sov NEEDS more small groups who will fight for what they have, without fear of simply being stomped by one of the Blocs when their members get bored.,.
Right now for small/er groups NOT FIGHTING is the best defence against the Blocs.,.

3 Likes

Didnt read the whole transcript, but only read the blackout page and basically this gives absolutely nothing. And wonder what the purpose of the CSM is if they dont even challenge CCP over their stupidityā€¦As far as our friend @Olmeca_Gold, he really needs to stop giving his opinion on anything related to null sec operations.

Triglavian PvE content. Thatā€™s what those 20% are working on. Thatā€™s it.

1 Like

CCP dropped the ball a long time ago. Good luck getting a grip on it again.

Disturbed - Land Of Confusion [Official Music Video]

Disturbed - Land Of Confusion [Official Music Video]
New album ā€˜Evolutionā€™ out now: https://disturbed.lnk.to/evolution Chicago, Illinois metal band Disturbed has sucā€¦

As itā€™s still nice weather here, Iā€™ll read the minutes later and see if there is a ā€œHeroā€ among the bunch.

Or it could and probably did mean - many were just logging in for free SP and not actually 'playing" the game.
MAU is great for CCP, it gives them an idea of how many login, it may not be so good for players if too many just log in and donā€™t actually engage in any sort of game play.
If 100,000 individual subscribed players log in over 24 hours it is good for CCP but if only 10% of those actually engage in the Eve universe - Things is grim.,.

CCP being so proud of the MAU while there is rampant stagnancy throughout the game (not just in nulsec) it shows there is REAL problems at the top level of CCP management.

1 Like

This. Iā€™m all for allowing skullduggery when it comes to actual gameplay because it makes EvE unique and fun, and Iā€™m about as law-abiding as it gets! But when people start hurling around racist slurs, death threats, and other general nastiness? Thatā€™s where I draw the line; I donā€™t care if if Iā€™m in a game that lets me play as a goddamn axe murderer, I donā€™t want to see toxic behavior in the chat or anywhere else.

Yeah, I like to think the best of people but that got me raising both eyebrows.

Maybe make faction implants give better bonuses?

Hereā€™s an idea: rats in null drop tags which can be turned in at certain NPC stations in null. Have one per constellation or thereabouts. Is that an idea with any merit, or are there a bunch of reasons not to do it that Iā€™m just not seeing?

1 Like

Is actually a terrible idea.
Gun mining was bad. We donā€™t ever want to bring it back. Miners should be the source of minerals, not ratters.

5 Likes

+1 would read again.

Also would pay extra if lowsec could even become collateral damage. ever.

plz?

Not a bad read and will admit I had some reservations but overall a fairly good discussion about some of the issues. Especially interested in the part about playstyle diversity and seeing what happens with this in the future.

ā€œCCP Rise finally saves my fingersā€ These sorts of comments in the minutes gave me some laughs.

1 Like

2 Likes

thats what she said

In the immortal words of Chief Wiggum: ā€œOh boy, this is gonna get worse before it gets betterā€¦ā€

1 Like

Was chief Wiggum on the CSM? :smirk:

1 Like

Innominate clarified on Open Comms tonight that that statement was sarcasm, because basically everyone there except Olmeca remembers the bad old days of gun mining.

1 Like

Oh sure, I figured any CSM comment on that had to be sarcastic, but that didnā€™t mean the poster I was replying to was being sarcastic, they sure seemed serious.