First Local, Next Warp Core Stabs?

Why would the removal of stabs have anything to do with removing scrams.

Because Disruptors exist

Remove Slabs but apply extra Hull Resistances like under the https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Natural_resistances for certain ships.

Ie; all ships have a 33% hull resistance.

If a ship can’t counter you locking it down then you shouldn’t be able to lock it down…everything needs a counter.

RPS in space after all…

2 Likes

You can defend against it. It is called having an active defense of ships.

I’m fine with removing WCS, but I would like a counter to be implemented. Have the gate tell me if there is an non-cloaked ship(s) on grid on the other side of the gate. Not how many or what type, but that there is at least one. If someone wants to gate camp with a shuttle on the other side, fine, I can only tell by going through. But to have it be completely blind with a potential of no hope to counter is extremely unbalanced.

1 Like

this sounds interesting, i would love to hear what CCP have in mind to act as a counter for active disruption in eve online.

Perhaps adding a core warp strength bonus on overheating a MWD is a solution? Required active use, can burn out, and allows better application of DPS for the short duration the ship is attempting to warp out…

1 Like

WCS are not a problem, so that isn’t a solution. You can always fit a comparable sized combat hull to lock down a hull using WCS. You just have to sacrifice some combat utility to do so. Seems like a fair trade to me.

I was operating under the assumption that at some point they will change the mechanics regardless of what we have to say in this thread.

Personally I think the mechanics are fine as they are

Ah, got you. I agree it’s fine, folks complaining that someone prepared with a fit for running escaped is indicative of laziness. Bring more scram or friends, nobody can carry enough WCS to escape then.

1 Like

You want to remove stabs? Why not just a button to press and blow the target then? the cry won’t stop until that happens anyway

1 Like

Based on Hilmar/Falcons Twitter posting, it seems they will change or remove them anyway.

I was just offering a possible change, that seems to be relatively balanced.

MWD overheat +stability requires more interaction with the skill tree, requires active gameplay, doesn’t buff those who are already aligned, and allows for a slight DPS advantage for those hunting, while allowing tanked ships an option for escape provided they aren’t being bumped into oblivion.

I would prefer the Disruptor/Scram/WCS interaction stay as it is, because it’s fairly balanced already, excluding the fact that T2 stabs are completely worthless.

1 Like

So then the counter argument is that you don’t need scram if you actually bring the right amount of DPS,…you are just being lazy and entitled.

Sorry I’m late…

https://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/loser/

There’s an old Eve Chronicle that talks about someone getting chased down by a PvP’er. They get tackled, and activate some “anti-scrambling” module which is supposed to help them break the tackle and warp away after a while. Always felt like that should be a thing, more than Warp Stabs the way they are.

I’d like to see an Active module that builds up +1 warp strength every cycle. The longer you can stay alive and keep it running, eventually you’ll break through all the scram and be able to warp.

6 Likes

Not a bad idea…

1 Like

you are talking with people who would not just shoot fish in a barrel but BRAG about their AWESOME skills in doing such a thing.

2 Likes

Proof or it didnt happen

I would not miss them at all. I hardly see any useful application of them where another tactic would not work way better anyway.
That being said, I honestly don’t think it would change even one iota regarding the 'muh not enough conflict ’ syndrome.
We had warp core stabs in this game at times when EVE was thriving of conflict and wars.

All this thread is is a bunch of bored PvP’ers wanting to smash up some Indie peoples ( who can’t shoot back ).

1. They can’t shoot back. So the attacker is not ‘elite’. He/she is simply wanting easy targets.

2. In a Sandbox if you over-farm the Krabs then you run out of EVERYTHING.

That’s it really. The PvP obsessives should not be pandered to. This game needs balance, or the Indie players will bug out for Minecraft or some-such.

1 Like