Stab changes?

Can someone explain why you thought it was ok to nerf warp core stabilizers? Why is it ok that there’s zero counter play to a no skill gate camp with just 2 mods. 2 mids on a couple of fast frigates and there’s literally nothing you can do.
As if gate camping already didn’t require half a brain cell but now, you’ve allowed these degenerates to declare war on any small Corp and they can keep you from ever playing the game. All they need is to gate camp jita and other trade hubs.
Not only did you nerf potential core strength but you then make it an active and put a ridiculous CD on it? So even if you are lucky enough to be able to warp once with your useless +2, you have to wait over 2 minutes for everyone to group up and be ready for you again… Why are you catering to gate campers so much? Just a bunch of sweaty nerds that declare war on corps that can’t fight back and grief. If you want to travel, there was and still should be ways to be able to, especially in high and low sec. If you aren’t capable of fighting a gang, you should be able to avoid it.
The only counter play is to not play the game or quit my corporation. That’s absurd. Restricting movement is what has been killing this game for years and you just hand gate campers more power? Then you nerf nullification too… You just want people to quit this game. Look at your population trends. It’s clear people don’t want you to make gate camps and ganking easier than it is.
You make things way more expensive, you make it harder to make isk, then you make it harder to avoid griefers.

4 Likes

The PVP ghouls cried that some of their prey was getting away (GASP).

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

well we asked for them to be removed because they didn’t actually work and just gave newbros a false sense of agency, some how CCP interpreted that as just make them more complicated and ultimately even worse so that the new players would think they were using them wrong when they didn’t work.

1 Like

There are two counter plays (that I can think of) for your situation:

1. Don’t own a structure, or put the structure in another holding Corp. if the Corp you’re in doesn’t have a structure- you can’t be wardecked
  2. Covert Ops cloak (like blockade runners)

There may be other solutions- but this is what I came up with off the top of my head.

There should at least be faction options that give higher warp core strength or shorter cooldowns or something. I totally get you I feel like a sitting duck in anything that isn’t cloaky or instant align…

3 Likes

I suggest you to read this one too also…

Ok… if you think this only benefit Gankers at the gates… think like that… it also effects players who steal from the wrecks and gtfo asap too…

Most ‘no skill’ gate camps in lowsec use a HIC point, which has infinite strength. So stabs never helped at all.

1 Like

Nobody sane uses a HS/Null border gate anyway.

Use filaments and WH’s, also, please add more HS/null border gates so they have to spread out more.

Put your members in a corp without structures so they can’t be war deced’ed and give them access to your structures, quite simple really.

You do know that stabs were always useless against hic’s right?

Did you know that anyhing with an align of less than a second can’t be locked?

Are you aware of covops ships or the cloak/mwd trick?

Now you can venture into nullsec with bubble immunity in your shuttle, plus temporary immunity with a module for other ships like a DST.

The changes are good.

Well the reason it changed is because CCP only cares about player killers and gankers. CCP has no care for a balanced game play and will do what every they want to push the play style they want. I mean it is not a ventures and DSTs can have a warp core strength of 3 total for 15 second with no gate jump reset. While a Maulus can have 4 points of scram with a single module or 5 points of scram with a single faction modules. Nothing like a balanced game that does not favor one side or the other.

See what make you think CCP wants you to own stations? It is not like stations are a combat multiplier. Heck since stations cores became a thing, stations are only a liability. How dare wars be about controlling space or controlling a location. CCP thinks war dec corps need to rewarded for screwing over other players and destroying their investment of time and isk into the game.

As I have told players before, if you are not happy with how CCP treats you or play style, speak with your wallet and leave reviews every where you can.

1 Like

In the old days used to war dec large corps with a small pvp corp, lots of targets including the pvp alliances they would hire to take us on. Can’t do that now as they would just smash our HQ. The changes to protect the bears make EVE a sad place, they eventually get their way

The changes to war dec were made because war dec corps were driving players from the game. CCP stated it at the Eve Vegas when war decs changed. War dec corps drove tons of players out of the game and lost CCP money. That money loss is the only reason things changed.

Just because somebody does something you don’t like like use your ship for target practice, it does not make them a griefer.

Please read this up… in old days … there were no safe corps…
now CCP tied the war eligiblity trait to a owning a structure criteria…

That left a lot of corporations out of wars … limited options…

As CCP state… this was for make wd more appeling and somehow more profitable…

They introduced these citadels as conflict driver…
They made citadels appealing with giving some advantages to corps/ individuals who owns it… along with make them vulnarable for war decks…

Again… they give players to chance be in corps out of war risk… They created this … it was not possible before…

You can see the trade here.

Citadels are not for romantic lonely players who wants a home in new Eden and draw a hidout near by that beautifull moon view like in Bob
ROSS pictures…

Players mostly did not understand that… especially new players … players who engage industry and looking at other bigger and more organised military power corp / alliances . … they think… oh these stuff very profitable… we should own too… then … when war deck lands… oh we should own the right benefit of these profits but we do not want the trade off!

Deal and trade was on the table from first moment…

In my opinion… CCP never never ever tie war eligibility to citadel ownership…

There were more active players those days… there was less indy players coming and crying for having the priviligies with no war threat costs…

Everybody was equally same eisk to be wardecked… it was less safe … so everybody customised to be mentally more resilient for the conditions…

Now They have bunch of weak player base easy to drop out of game for wd ect …

How interesting ! For them … For me…
i have been expecting…

Everybody who study social psychology 101 one year capable to see this…

Not CCP

2 Likes

I remember the days my husbands small indy corp get wardecked again and again… same days i have been living in mutual war concep corporation simply in war forever … there was no safe high sec low sec null whatever has zero difference for us… the secon we undock we had been always ready to deal whatever comes…

Was such a beautifull life… best years of my life in new eden…

It is shame… how it become…

It is shame to see how people crying… i cannot see those old strong indy anymore who put up with all those wars but still keep playing …
Those people live and survive far more hard. Conditions then now… by not having these advantages… and they carry it .
Now CCP created this heresy…
they deserve it .

2 Likes

Well Said

Once again. CCP changed the war dec because war dec corps drove customers from the game.

We had those before, called NPC corps. The reason CCP changed that is because group play helps to keep players in the game and you can not have war dec corps driven customers from the game.

Those citadels function like lollipops for kids to incentivise them… if you treat people like kid… you loose interests of mature people and you begin to herd and build up child …mentalities

Thats
What CCP dealing with atm

They can have group play in NPC corps

Just a reminder for everyone.

Unless it says CCP in front of someone’s name, they have no idea what CCP’s motivations and plans are.