Warp Stab Change is Trash

With faction scrams, the 2pts is useless. … Waste of a low slot.

Now I have 100s of these worthless things all around new eden.

4 Likes

Good, it now became official.

3 Likes

i also think is trash
i think the you can put as many as you want but if ■■■■ your fit design is waaaay better

2 Likes

Can ■■■■■■■ “pro” “hunters” count ? really can they count .

Is not like I can put any amount of WCS as much as I want to be 100 % safe. At most I can put 4 and render my ship total combat ineffective.

But you know , and this may be shocking to you guys. GET ANOTHER GUY TO HUNT.

You can get as many as you want to. Can I get as many WCS as I want to ??NO

■■■■■■■ hypocrites.

2 Likes

I miss the variability of a fit for a hauler or travel fit where it was unknown as to the number of WCS’s used. Now it is predictable at +2 and whatever the hull bonus is. I do not think that is good. Whenever I fit WCS before it was a commitment to run like my hair was on fire because of target lock time.

Fun times.

I would like CCP to explain the thoughts behind this change. Seriously.

The test server had +3. Why not here?

4 Likes

This makes me quite happy, the worst module in the game is now worse :smiley:

They were always trash just now CCP finally helped you realize it with the change. Do what I always did with em when I killed someone and got them as loot: sell them to stupid people or reprocess and make something better with the materials.

1 Like

I like the warp stab change. I like the fact that it’s an active module, like that it now only takes one module slot and like that it now has a heavy penalty for drone boats too.

I just don’t like how predictable it is at +2.

Please CCP, give faction WCS +3 strength. Make things less predictable.

2 Likes

Make them cycle permanently, with small cap usage but a 30% cap reduction on activation so you lose 30% of your cap with one, 50% with 2, 63% with 3, 75% with 4. ie you divide your cap by two every two modules.

T1 give +1, T2 give +2.

Split faction in two : enduring (corelum/gallente) and enhanced(corpum/amarr) . core is based T2 (T1 fit) but cap usage and cap effect of enduring/restrained ; corp is based T2 but +1str and compact fit.

T1 consumes 10 GJ every 10 s ; enduring consumes 5 GJ every 10s. T2 consumes 15 GJ/10s.

“restrained” only reduces cap reduction by 20.6%, so it halves the cap usage every 3 modules instead of 2

deadspace is like T2 but +2 strength

Remove the bandwidth reduction and add a drone speed and damage reduction instead. -50% seems good, -40% for restrained/faction, -45% for T2

2 Likes

I would prefer to see this as well. Then ships could use the same drones as without the module, except much less effective. And none of that ‘half a drone 2.5Mbit/sec bandwidth’ nonsense.

Warp Core Stabs underpin flawed game theories involved in eve online.

“WCS give +1 to warp stability” what is flawed with this statement? Simple it is n+1, when your game revolves around n+1 you have a boring game.

The only counter to WCS outside of null sec is to n+1 point. How boring, how brain dead.

With the new changes players can pay to avoid this broken game play with a faction scam.

I am suprised CCP went this direction with WCS when the entire monetisation of eve is based around n+1 game theory. I am pleasantly suprised, I suspect heavy influence of a competent csm.

1 Like

The change is brilliant.

It actually means I will try for Magnates now.

Yay. Go CCP.

just more nonsense to make things more difficult, not more fun

2 Likes

example of stats for active constant modules

CPU PG cycle duration (s) modules to halve your cap cap reduction warp strength cap usage passive drone speed/damage reduction
T1 30 1 10 2 -29.29% 1 10 -0.5
restrained 33 1 10 3 -20.63% 1 12 -0.4
compact 24 1 10 1.8 -31.96% 1 12 -0.55
enduring 33 1 10 1.8 -31.96% 1 5 -0.55
T2 37.5 1 10 1 -50.00% 2 20 -0.6
fed 37.5 1 10 3 -20.63% 3 5 -0.4
imp 24 1 10 1.8 -31.96% 3 20 -0.4
storyline 24 1 10 2 -29.29% 2 10 -0.3
core 46.875 1 10 2 -29.29% 4 20 -0.4
corp 37.5 1 10 1.5 -37.00% 4 40 -0.4
2 Likes

What’s more brain dead is change after change after change that makes things so imbalanced its depressing.

For example - in your n+1 math == where is the counter to pilot trying to counter your n+1 points?
oh wait - there isn’t any because CCP doesn’t add counter balance anymore. That is braindead.

I agree with you. Several threads with hundreds of posts have discussed this at length. You’re not going to find too many open minds on this forum, just a lot of edgelords hiding behind alts who don’t want to have to work for their kills.

The way it was before was better. It was a fitting choice to fit x number of cores. The counter was x+1 number of points, and it was always easier to have more point in a gang then more stabs on a ship. But no, the gate campers need to be able to kill STs and DSTs effortlessly too.

Your nullblock and pvp entrenched CSM at work >.> /puke

8 Likes

This is pretty much it.

Those who actually make and move things are now at significantly more risk just to make F1 killboard padders happy.

5 Likes

The solution is obvious.

The solution is obvious. Remote warp core stabilizers.

1 Like

CCP didn’t go far enough: WCS should burn itself out after one use and require repairing.

Joy