First Local, Next Warp Core Stabs?

I’m kinda lean towards doing away with armor and shields too…really, what’s the point?

4 Likes

IMO, the concept “Warp Core vs Warp Disruptor” is a bad mechanic, as a whole. Needs to be completely erased from the game, as well as Local and Stargates.

Some ships have built in bonersus, some dont

That is the way it is, and shall be evermore

Seyla

Sure, remove Stabs - but remove Scrams, Points and Webifiers as well…

And in response to Scoots’ following post (hidden by the forum idiot), which said :
“I’m not sure what removing the rest of those modules has to do with the topic of the thread though.”

Removing only the defence modules, and not the corresponding attack modules, is the action of a bully, not a fighter.

7 Likes

I think you should tweet that out to Hilmar and see how he thinks of the idea!
I’m not sure what removing the rest of those modules has to do with the topic of the thread though.

Sure, but that’s really for CCP to decide. And if you have suggestion for the removal of other modules, still think that’d be something you bring to his attention. This thread is to discuss warp core stabs though, not other modules.

Great point! Tools of the cowards!

3 Likes

It seems like some people are abusing the forum moderation tools again to try and force their derailment of this thread. I’m only here to talk about Warp Core Stabilizers being removed. I’m not sure what people are trying to achieve by derailing the thread and talking about other modules: :thinking:

I know some people have strong opinions, but abusing forum moderation tools isn’t cool. Please try to keep your comments on topic to warp core stabs.

Ya it’s weird…everyone is getting hit…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

See just like that! Odd right!

2 Likes

Bravo, although I suspect your response will be totally lost on some posters here.

2 Likes

Yar, tis a good post.

Personally I’ve never fitted them or had need to, so such a change wouldn’t affect me.

Meanwhile…

4 Likes

I think that warp core stabs should be only possible on indy ships as an option and that includes mining ships and I would like to see them on freighters and jump freighters.

Industrials - All of them.
Transport Ships - DST’s only
Mining Barges - All of them
Exhumers - All of them
Mining Frigates - including the T2 versions

Commons sense time I hope…

3 Likes

Those ‘other modules’ are intimately related to the function of warp-core stabs, in fact they’re the only reason warp-core stabs exist. You know this as well as I do, stop being disingenuous.

7 Likes

Well, Hilmar’s tweet only talked about the possibility of removing Warp Core Stabs. So I don’t know why you want to keep bringing the rest of the modules in. If you want to talk about the other ones, I think you should just ask Hilmar about it and see what he thinks about those.

Just because there happens to be some kind of interaction does not mean that CCP is required to change Warp Disruptors and Scramblers just because of the removal of Warp Core Stabs. :slight_smile:

We even have a (fairly) recent example of this.

When ECM was changed, people could have cried that Sensor Boosters would also need to be changed, but CCP didn’t see fit to alter Sensor Boosters or Signal Amplifiers, even though the argument could have been made that they are “intimately related to” the function of ECM.

I did see a Widow with them and Autotargetters ratting once.

I think all modules should be fittable on all ships, more choice in wacky fits is what is fun, not cookie cuttered constant “optimal fits” of boredom

4 Likes

Fitting WCS is a CHOICE, and with it comes a cost.

I did not expect to see Eve pilots suggesting to remove freedom… :wink:

5 Likes

Well, you may expect Eve pilots suggesting to remove the freedom to be entirely risk-averse for no effort.

The so called “cost” overshadows the denial of fun content for others.

Hilmar said it first, it’s “boring” and too simplistic and one-sided in its design.

It’s a mechanic that will change, and for the better.

Ships with WCS have a “self nerf” and are rarely able to engage in a fight, in part due to target lock difficulties and also lack of fitting CPU…

It is up to you to keep that ship from warping off, by bumping or applying enough DPS to kill it before it can escape.

How fun is it to shoot fish in a barrel?

6 Likes

CCP just removed local from nullsec without any consideration of it being complex environment. So yes, they can do anything at this point. :rofl:

1 Like