First look at new abyssal PVP arena!

It’s not just whether or not something’s getting blown up, but also what’s getting blown up, and how much of it is getting blown up. If a chunk of “normal” PvP gets replaced with Tech I frigates and cruisers, industry will see a hit, too.

Also, it’s not inconceivable that if CCP’s “e-sport” goes “mainstream” that the arena will become somehow “detached” from the rest of the economy. Can you imagine this being streamed on Twitch big-time, and then participants need to take time-outs to grind out their replacement ships?

“Well Bob, Destiny Corrupted has been doing really well in this bracket, but the unexpected loss in the quarter finals is forcing this crowd-favorite to hit the belts!”

“You know how it is, John, even the best of the best have to sometimes get their hands dirty and go for a roll in the mud…and…am I seeing this correctly? Destiny appears to be going for the Plagioclase! Another unexpected move from the three-time champ!”

“Indeed it is, Bob, but the logic behind it is quite sound. While going for the Veldspar is the expected strategy, those rocks are small and depleted. Going for the Plagioclase allows this contestant to keep beams on a single, big target for an extended period of time, providing a prime opportunity to multitask with PI production chains.”

“A power move by Destiny, who is now splitting targets on two different rocks, and sending mining drones to a third! The crowd is going absolutely wild with excitement, as you can see from our live meme counter!”

“Well not me, Bob. I’m more of a level 3 mission person myself, Kappa.”

“John, you clever rogue, you!”

both turn to face the camera and laugh together

1 Like

Not gonna happen

2 Likes

member alliance tournament with ccp guard :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
omg , i fell nostalgic about it

■■■■■■■ up the sandbox even more by adding battle arenas.

3 Likes

Confirmed.

1 Like

Have you asked all the players?

1 Like

i dont remember being asked

1 Like

Neither was I.

1 Like

Nor I

1 Like

It conceivable that monkey turnip banana tutu wriggle muffin fart poop.

I can just make stuff up, too!

1 Like

cool :parrot: :parrot:

1 Like

Dude, are you having a stroke?

No, your slippery slope fallacy is nonsense. I came up with an equally valid suggestion.

lol…

■■■■ me, I keep forgetting how joyless most people are, even though I’ve gotten to observe it first-hand after getting my first real office job.

1 Like

Joyless is applying basically a moral panic defence in suggestion that somehow other people’s fun is ruining your game.

You could have just posted about how the kids should get off your lawn. It would have been less hyperbolic and reflected reality a lot better.

Also I defy you that “wriggle fart poop” is joyless.

/me drops the hot dog

2 Likes

I am looking forward to watching these streams.

The hell did I sub for? Matched PvP, taken away from the sandbox like any other game. Well, there are far cheaper games that provide that experience you lazily hit the ‘match’ button and get insta spoonfed.

Killing the game, right when there was a hope to revive it with the upcoming war. This is literally the best way to remove even more players form normal space and put all the possible targets into these dumb matchmaking sh*tshows.

1 Like

Me personally, I love this content. It really shows all the amazing immersion, cinematic experiences, gorgeous vistas, and incredible action that EVE Online© is known for. With this new content, EVE Online© is on track to being one of the most popular and successful games ever. Thanks, CCP Games™!

3 Likes