First look at new abyssal PVP arena!

I love the engaging action of EVE Online©! Grabbing a few of my mates and queuing for a match really gets my adrenaline pumping, and the high-definition graphics and off-the-hook effects keep us coming back for more! Plus, it offers the rich customization options that are important for a pro like me, so I get to show off my swag while climbing to the top of the boards. EVE Online© really revs the engine on my gaming experience!

/me cracks open and chugs two cans of GAME FUEL® at the same time, Stone Cold Steve Austin-style.

2 Likes

Epic salt in here. At least one guy rightfully enjoys the kills. The noobish of noobs who go in and get owned will either quit or come back for more.
And there are people who play MMOs solely for the battle grounds or arenas. Nobody should forget that.

What I wonder here is, if all this reeeeee! is from people who want to be the one who takes out the noobs’ T1 cruiser in low or nullsec instead of said noobs getting their ships peeled like an onion in some arena somewhere, and then learning how to PVP. Noob is no longer so noobish, and not an easy kill.

The whole HTFU ideaology set has been all about getting easy kills. Racking up as many unskilled and unlucky kills as possible. Hooked on stats like a miner with 20 alts hooked on min-max. This is not playing, it’s OCD.

The arena concept will be great for the game. Those who come to the game for it are not going to take anything away from anybody else - except an easy kill. For anybody who has a problem with that, I say HTFU.

4 Likes

I get the feeling that the only people being pissed about this new feature are those that camp regional entry gates with 50 people sitting on top of a bubble waiting for small PvP gangs to feed them some cheesy kills.
Now that small scale pvpers can more easily find content, they are going full “REEEEE” mode, because they will no longer be able to pad killboards with cheap kills.

The overwhelming majority seems to like this new addition.

2 Likes

It’s the story of my life…

And you’re forced to do this new stuff, and not allowed to do any of the multitude of other things Eve makes available ?
You’re just a typical BitterVet - no-one is allowed to do anything in Eve that you don’t allow them to, as it’s all your game and they’re only allowed to play your way.
Selfish twat…

1 Like

The majority of people who actively want to focus on PvP that I’ve asked think this is a good idea.

I have the feeling that the people who are pissed about this don’t actually know what they’re talking about and just want to participate in the #OutrageCulture that tumblr and the #CancelCulture that twitter both have made so famous in the last 3-4 years.

1 Like

The way you asked them is a very important consideration. Did you put all of the specifics and various considerations on the table, or did you ask “hey, would you rather do some arenas, or be a stinking carebear who’s too afraid to lose a cruiser in a fair fight?”

I really hate how every youtuber seems to start his videos with …

… HEY WHATS UP GUYS [name] HERE!
■■■■■■■ mindshare.

Here’s the kicker question: is there matchmaking? I saw a queue wait time so I can only assume there is.

They way I see matchmaking is eventually the game just throws you a guaranteed win and guaranteed loss. With the rock/paper/scissors nature of EVEs combat mechanics I don’t think it would be too far out of the question, aye?

Still, it’s always a question of ISK in vs ISK out. Will be interesting to see any potential builds that pop up that aren’t concerned with having a mandatory warp disruptor. (Scrams maybe still).

I wonder what the POM Pyro of EVE is…

Yes, heaven forbid other people are able to engage with a subject on the same level as you without being lead.

Third Person Effect much?

1 Like

Looks like the only people supporting this idea are the types to make baseless generalisations.

The irony that they think it’s the sandbox players that want to pad their kill board, but in the arenas, with their own leaderboard, nothing will be more a symbol of status more than the leaderboards and killboards.
:joy:

And it isn’t going to teach players how to pvp in the sandbox. Balancing range control of your guns is not like balancing range control within warp disruption range. Walls vs no walls. Timers vs no timers. And of course asymmetrical numbers and ships.

The majority of pvp’rs that learn in the arena are going to get a rude awakening when they venture out into the sandbox. And of course they will scurry back to their comfort zone.

They will probably be the new butt of jokes. Naive and shiny.

4 Likes

yah most people who complain about pvp doesn’t do any pvp , they say its because its not fair , they will be destroyed in this arena , they will fear the rank, they will not do it

2 Likes

Bollocks.

3 Likes

Which majority? How do you know?

6 Likes

How is it selfish if one doesn’t want something added to a game one loves a lot which contradicts the original idea behind the game?

The majority of people I asked think this is a horrible idea.

3 Likes

i think its a terible idea ,most anti eve thing i ever saw, but i find amusing that mr care bear think will be fun , they will enter the filament and on the other side of the ring
a he will eat them alive , it will be glorious

4 Likes

So its the end of the world because a temporary event in EvE will have a consentual pvp arena where you wont be able to zerg your opponents mindlessly but you will actually have to fight with the same number of people with relatively the same type of ships.

Funny the current event which is only in Null and Losec hasn’t seem to brought any crying carebear topics to the forum. But wow you add some pvp to Hisec and wow look at those tears!

Insert random tears of random conspiracy of how we are 1 step closer to a completely safe Hisec, even though the event is temporary and has nothing to do with safety. People who sit at a gate with 40 other people to blob the lonely newb who mistakes coming through are such leet pvprs and should always be listened to first.

2 Likes

Eve already has consentual pvp in the form of player duels

1 Like

Get well soon!

im looking at the format and i think there is some gimmick ones
like 5 dessy free for all , would be fun but would be a slug fest , close to luck
the best EVER is 1x1 cruiser , the one we already have in the abyss , there is guys that are good at it and it has that tournament vibe but is real pvp , no mention in the plans
please do wacky formats for the lulz but don’t forget the serious business ones else this event will teach nothing real about pvp
1v1 , 2v2 frig/cruisers/dessy are the closest to real low sec pvp