Fix Botting by removing multiboxing from Alpha's

They were pretty open about it. Initial limitation should have restricted only mining and distribution missions of lvl 4 and above, but some technical issues (probably some spaghetti code, as always) prevented it and they had to close all lvl 4+ missions for alphas.

1 Like

One of the VMWare products allows the VM to directly access the GPU, easy enough on dedicated hardware with a single GPU.

Theoretically if someone did it on their main PC it may be possible to dedicate the onboard GPU to the VM on a smaller monitor and the external to the main screen. Directx in the VM may be spotty; it may work, or not.

*Disclaimer Educational purposes only.
I in no way take responsibility for what happens to someone who tries this, if it works, and CCP catch them at it.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I’m happy to be corrected- not for botting purposes, but for general gaming or other graphics- heavy applications.

I’ve tried running EVE in a Fusion Pro and Parallels rig on Macs with discrete GPUs and it’s been an absolute dog regardless of how I tweaked the settings.

Are you thinking something like V-Sphere running on a bare iron install? I’d be a little depressed if somebody was using a rig like that to bot a game, but humans have done crazier things, I suppose :rofl:

That’s pretty much it, running it in an OS is where the fun starts.

1 Like

except it doesnt work. ive reported a number of times to ccp.

you can long on a handful of accounts if your fast enough with alt tabbing, even more if you you used a program (isboxer) which is banned for play but is allowed for logging in…

1 Like

(i assume you DONT know what is “box”)

Two persons playing alpha accounts on TWO COMPUTERS
(through the same connection)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.