Fixing Your Edencom/Triglavian Standings Notes

Back from a rage quit after losing stuff to Triglavian and Edencom monster guns in Hi Sec. Not this toon, mind you. My subbed accounts characters worked like dogs to prevent Trig takeovers, but it was designed to be pointless. We should have given useless systems away and fought line rabid dogs to guard the highways. Just before the final liminality system steal we all had to get our stuff out of these systems, so we had to have toons that could fly freight stuff out of these systems. I have characters who have bad standing to both Edencom and the Trigs. I just finished my first round of fixes for my major hauler. I barely got the needle to move. Oh well.

But there are things to learn. For instance, although the Catalyst and Cormorant are similar, it turns out the the Cormorant can get better range, at least as far as I’ve been able to see.

And watch out for T3 Ninja looters who would love to snatch an easy desi kill.

If you are a total new bro who only wants to get positive standing with both, by all means sacrifice a ship/pod. You only have to kill one rogue drone in that case.

Notes to self:
Ensure you have plenty of Ammo. If you’re lucky you’ll survive long enough to use it. I ran out on my first outing. It was sad.
Safety Yellow
Form Fleet
Get to “safe spot”
Ensure Overview has rogue drones, sleepers, Drifters, Trig and Edencom ships, all the other REAL ships that might kill you.
Ensure that the Dscan box is separated from the local system map.
Activate the filament.
F9 and warp to far celestial. Ctrl-B on the way to make a “safe” spot.
Warp back to that safe spot.
Start Dscanning around for the Rogue Drones.
If you are negative to Trigs, watch out for them. If negative to Edencom, watch out for them (“Navy” stuff).
Preset the Default “Keep at Range” value to your Optimal or Falloff, whichever you feel most comfortable with. Those bunny rabbits hit hard.

Experiment. Add cheap core probe scanner and cheap core probes. Let’s see if I can find the worm holes from which the Rogue Drones spew.

Ok. Let’s see what wormholes in Pochven Otela are about. DuckDuckGo here we go.

I prefer using cheap T1 drones in a Tristan or Dragoon for the bonuses. Very cheap setups if you get killed.

With range boosters you can kite rogue drones at 70-80km and just unleash your drones. Carry spares in case you have to warp off and leave them.

Don’t mess with the drifters until much much later.

1 Like

!!! DOH !!! :roll_eyes:
Finding the drones is relatively EASY. Open the probe scanner, no probes necessay. Look at the things you can just warp to, they’ll be green. Eventually you should see something like “Incipient Drone Swarm”. You can aim your Dscan at it to see what’s coming out. Warp in at 100 and do the thing.

This is just a repeat of how the battle between the Trigs and Edencom was executed, just warping to different spawns.

YES! My main main is now positive to both! Bye, bye, Komo.

It might make sense to put a little armor repairer in the hold.

Killing just rogue drones is a horrible slog to fix Edencom standing. I am at -.05, but each tick I can grind out gives me +0.003. And I got my cheap 4 meg Catalyst blown up by an Astero. At least that was pvp, not a %@$^@$ npc Edencom monster gun in high sec. CCP, there is a hot corner in hell for some of you guys and all they’re going to let you drink is salty water.

So when I’m done fixing the guy with the -0.05 to Edencom, I have to fix my unsubbed account main guy who fought like a dog on the side of Edencom, He has -2.7 standing to the Trigs. This is off the charts ugly.

$ bc -l

2.7/.003

900 rogue kill tics.
Nah. That account stays alpha now.

You fix EDENCOM standings by killing trigs. I kill their orcas for a living (good one at that), forget about rogue drones in pochven, that’s a tasteless grind…

Find triglavian systems (with the logo above the sensor overlay) and kill a few of them, balance it out. It’s that simple.

Kill sleepers for more standing. But drones will get you there. If you kite a swarm in a cheap setup like I described above you can kill dozens relatively safely.

Nothing comes quick in EVE.

For any 10 minute tic, it does not matter how many you kill but what the level of the highest is. The BlahBlah IV drones are the highest not deadly ones I’ve seen and they give 0.003 when the tic comes around. Killing sleepers is not something for which I’m prepared to risk a battle cruiser or battleship in Pochenhell.

And for fun, smart kill board hawks are mining the incipient Drone sites for cheap PVP kills. I just got taken into hull by a Svipul. He only had a disrupter, so I MWD’d out of disruption. Pure luck for me. How my catalyst outran a Svipul is, uh, somebody’s piloting error. But I’ll take that toothless horse.

i did this before and got a small tick on my older characters. now im trying to do it on some newer characters and its not working. im reading other forum posts and reddit posts that they changed the rogue drone mechanics to not give positive standings to edencom and triglavians. but this post is saying that killing rogue drones still gives positive edencom/trig standing?

As of yesterday I was getting positive tiny numbers added for both EC and Trigs. Oddly, it gives me twice as much as for Trig standings than Edencom. Real pain. And the odd tech 3 cruiser murder is running around looking for easy kills.

Ok. I finally got a hauler’s Edencom standing so they aren’t red. Now He can fly stuff in High Sec.

I’m not even going to try to work on my -2.7 to the Trigs guy. That account will just have to be Alpha.

Ok. Now I’m fixing my frigate guy. I’m trying him with a Talwar. Shoulda used a Cormorant. Oh well. But I was too quick for that Stilleto that rushed in on me. Killing folks working on their standings is a thing.

Ok. I found that the Sleepers duke it out with the Rogue Drones as well as with Edencom and Trigs.
I got a decent standing bump using the weapon disruptor, for just a little bit, on one of the overmind things. When the murderers are around, cloak.

[Crucifier, Disrupt 2 Fix Standi]
Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

DDO Scoped Tracking Disruptor I <<<< This is the thing.
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger

Improved Cloaking Device II
Gatling Anode Particle Stream I

Small Particle Dispersion Projector I
Small EM Shield Reinforcer I
Small Transverse Bulkhead I

Warrior I x9

Multifrequency S x1
Small Automated Structural Restoration x1
Small I-a Enduring Armor Repairer x1

Ok. Scanned this down in Pochven:

Overmind Nursery Groves - Overmind Nursery Groves - EVE University Wiki

I just used a Talwar to knock off a couple of “Punishing Phase-IV-Z Broodguards” in the second pocket (ignore the first and just jump the gate). Let’s see if I can farm this thing.

[Talwar, StandingsFix]
Damage Control II
Reactor Control Unit II
Signal Amplifier II

Missile Guidance Computer II
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender

TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher