Fleet Harassment - Ship Bumping

Seriously?
Take a moment and think about all the ways you could counter the bump instead of coming to the forums and further embarrass yourself by crying to CCP :smiley:

Since you obviously lack any kind of manner, I will not respond further to you.

Thatā€™s nice.

You could have spent that time googling how to stop bumpers :smiley:

FYI as feedback: People who read this in passing, see that you are trying to get people banned from the game because they use free and fair mechanics in ways you simply donā€™t like. This is widely considered a dick move.

Beat them in-game on fair terms. Do what everyone else has to do in this game and plan your fleet accordingly, presuming this guy will always be there. Grow a backbone and rise up to the challenge, try to turn it into fun.

There is no respect for people that go ā€œthis is not my idea of funā€ without ever having tried in the first place.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.

I trust you have read my introduction. I do not want to get anyone banned on principle. This whole discussion seems to get some people fairly emotional or at least cornering everyone, as if the whole world would be black and white. We all know it isnā€™t.

I simply suggest to consider editing the FAQ on ā€œbumpingā€. In cases of severe and totally, perpetual destructive attitude to not be shielded by it. I have a thick skin considering annoying behavior. I would not have raised a suggestion, if it would happen every once in a while.
If this is not an interesting case for the community, so be it. No harm done.

Uh. Youā€™ve only provided evidence to the contrary :smiley:

It isnā€™t an interesting case. There are counters you can use.

Use them :smiley:

So you never answered my question: Why canā€™t you guys blow him to smithereens?

1 Like

Yes, and the question is: what do you, as a capsuleer, do about it?

As I said in my feedback: most of the playerbase engages in-game to deal with the problems raised by other players.

At minimum, Iā€™m sure you can find a way to pay the guy off. You get an added bonus: your competitors get bumped off, more ice for you, you can better afford to keep paying him off.

That type of stuff lands way different than ā€œDear CCP, please do Xā€.

2 Likes

There is something that I donā€™t understand. Couldnā€™t you warp around the mining grid with your Orca? I thought boosts would still work if you did this. CCP has made so many changes to boosting that I am not sure anymore.

Yep. Once a boost is received (because a boosting ship was within distance of you when the boost fired off), the full duration lasts, regardless what the boosting ship does. But, thereā€™s the question of ā€œshould I root or notā€:

• Without being ā€œrootedā€ by an industrial core:
    • Provide mining boosts.
    • Cannot push the ā€œlet everyone compress their oreā€ button.
    • Keep your mobility.
  • When turning on the industrial core:
    • The boosts are even more effective.
    • Can now push the ā€œlet everyone compress their oreā€ button.
    • No longer can move.

People who min/max mining fleets canā€™t imagine a life without pushing the industrial core button.

Itā€™s Adrien Vexier, isnā€™t it?

Itā€™s more fun when you pretend itā€™s a secret.

1 Like

Just use his greatest nemesis to scare him off:

:blush: :innocent: :blush:

1 Like

You canā€™t always do exactly what you want to do exactly where you want to do it without running into trouble. Sometimes you have to find a new system.

Sounds like something CCP will ā€œfixā€ soon.

Using a Higgs rig and active industrial core will make your Orca all but un-bumpable. Itā€™s a 20x increase in mass, from 150,000 tons to 3 million tonsā€¦

You can also have the barges in your fleet web you. Yes, it takes up a mid slot, but your Retriever/Procurer/Hulk isnā€™t going to survive a gank anyway, no matter what you fit in the midsā€¦

What??? Competition in Eve? Impossible, itā€™s a solo game and you are all NPCs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.