Fleet Mining Ledger?

I’m just summarizing what you said so that people who read this topic don’t have to read everything. I’m done with you, you’re a troll here to harass me for wanting something in the game to change. That is all.

Actually, you want the devs to work on bug fixes only. Therefor, you want them to work on something you want, not what other people want. If someone comes to post an idea for an improvement on the game, built in tools that are safe to use, you come in to tell people “do it yourself” if its technically possible because the devs time is better spent on what you want, bug fixes. To a fairly bugless game with the exception that it can’t handle any sort of connection loss of any kind.

Just because you aren’t requesting some kind of tool to help you in game, doesn’t mean you aren’t asking the devs to work on only what you want. Wanting them to only work on bug fixes, is still something you want and you’re telling other people to screw off because their ideas and requests aren’t worth the developer’s time. Only what you want is. That, is what I am getting from you.

i can under stand this idea that if the tool is there why should dev use time on it but then again we have ghost fitting now and dont tell me that havent add a ■■■■■■■ lot the game

So, all arguments are crying, alright. You are definitely one of those trolls who goes around to attack people for fun. You can’t handle arguments, incapable of seeing other people’s point of view so you state your own repeatedly and tell them to “go ■■■■ themselves” when you don’t agree with them. Bypassing the curse filter by leaving one letter out.

I argued for the idea, I tried to protect my idea, I wanted the devs to see the idea and consider it.

You came in to say the devs shouldn’t do this idea, that they should only do what you want, bug fixes.

“When devs use their time for tools, it takes away bug correction time”

Do you mean the simulator for fittings? Yea, thats a tool, and the devs added it, and it added a lot to the game.

ye the simulator i dont know why i keep using the name ghost fitting from when they talk about it first

I have requested that this topic be locked, so that I may create a fresh new one that is more professionally worded.

I also moved this to the idea section. Mining Ledgers, Personal, Fleet, Corp, Moon

Turns out, it is highly complex and practically can’t be done accurately at all.

The industry mining API only updates every 600 seconds. It also only reports vague information. System ID, Item ID, Day.

If you mine 5,000 Dense Veldspar at 3AM, then join a fleet at 4PM and mine 10,000 Dense Veldspar, it shows as 15,000. Sure, you can check the current status before joining the fleet, and again after leaving the fleet, subtract the during fleet amount from the total amount. But it will be inaccurate. Anything can happen within 10 minutes. You could leave fleet at 9 minute mark and it checks what it was before you left the fleet, making the amount inaccurate by up to a couple million ISK. You could join the fleet and mine for 8 minutes and none of that gets counted because you joined just after an update. Then if people lose connection, it furthers the inaccuracies with wrong timings.

This is something only CCP can do accurately using their own built in tools with the game.

Maybe if there was some sort of fleet history API but I checked the fleets API link you gave and there is no History feature to improve accuracy.

Current mining Ledger also shows only total ore from a given day.

and you only need that.

OMFG <2M isk error that’s so rude…

The actual error, assuming you only check the player’s ledger when needed, would be the one incurred from the delay in fleet cache plus the ping. For a 500ms ping, and a 5s cache delay, that means average 3.5s of error (average player will have been in the fleet 3.5s before you receive a correct mining ledger to initiate his mining data) .
When the player leaves the fleet, you take his mining difference in the next ledger and scale it to the time he spent in the fleet.

“Paginated record of all mining done by a character for the past 30 days”

I’ve read this topic and Anderson_Geten strikes me as one of those irrational and toxic people. It’s always easier to attack someone’s idea than it is to come up with an original idea - always much easier to maintain status quo than engage in creative problem solving. So my hat’s off to you OP for using your neurons.

I wasn’t aware that there was a personal mining ledger in the game until I read this topic. But now that I’ve looked at it, a Fleet Mining Ledger would be very easy to implement. All it would have to do is pull personal Mining Ledger data from each fleet member, starting from when they join they fleet and ending when they leave. If they join and leave multiple times it’ll just add all those periods together. It’d be easier to tie this information to the fleet ID itself, so whoever becomes boss has access to the information.

It would be imperfect, and would still depend partially on trust (that any given member was on grid and placing the ore in the hauler and not in some other system getting paid to mine stuff they keep.)

Not terribly complicated.

talk about irony.

And how do you do that without a fleet history ?

More important, it would still not suit the need of people who have a specific one. So for most people who indeed would have a need for a kind of fleet ledger, it would still be worthless.

weird

Gaslighting is creepy.

That’s stored in your client, not on the server.

Engineers and scientists have yet to discover a way for servers to read data from clients.

OK you have no idea what you are talking about but “it’s very easy, we can ask the clients their data, there is no way it could wrong”.

Whatever.

There is no fleet his-

B-b-b-but that’s client side!!! You ca-

OKAY WHATEVER. UR DUMB. :triumph::rage:

Indeed, you are.
Since you don’t understand : the server does not have access to a fleet history, therefore your idea is impossible.

You are dumb because you also claim that the server should request the data from the clients ; which is not only a terrible idea(never trust user input), but also not practical because clients can clear their history, eg when they log off. Or when the fleet boss changes, and thus the fleet ledger becomes totally useless.

If the information isn’t on the server, how does it get to the client…? I mean if the FC broadcasts an align, or someone loots something, that information is sent to the… server? And then it’s sent and stored in the… client…? Sounds like the server just has to take the information it already has and store that information.

But that’s impossible :becausereasons: and :userinput: or something.

This is true, use the new topic that I linked before. I’ll link again.

I rewrote the idea in the idea section with a more professional tone and such.

The personal ledger updates once per 10 minutes. The moon ledger updates once per hour. I’m sure the game cashes this data somewhere so instead it should probably use cache rather than pull from personal ledger. They can simply re-use the cached data though.

Finally, something you said I agree with. Never trust the client to send accurate data. It can be manipulated just like you can manipulate loot history with jetcans. Plus loot history is lost when disconnect, cleared, boss changes, etc.

Even though you said it as abrasively as possible as if you’re trying to get CCP to ban you from the forums. But then, you’d just create another alt account and start your toxicity again.

Did… Did Anderson Geten just remove all her posts and ragequit the topic after being abrasive for days? I mean, her first post was fine, no reason to delete that one, if CCP is responsible for that… I’m sure a few others were fine too but they are all gone so I can’t remember them.