FOB Rats - Fix them

Right, because all systems are smaller than 14 AU. I forgot.

Edit: And if you read my OP it was a situation of the FOB appearing in system in the middle of a mining op, so don’t tell me it was a lack of intel.

My corp members saw the rats about as early as anyone could be expected to - as the rats were in warp to our belt.

1 Like

Then use that d-scan. You can still catch them in middle of warp on d-scan and after they show up on grid you still have plenty of time before they fully stop and start to target anyone.

But guess what. You need to be at keyboard to actually d-scan each 2-5 seconds and react.

Ps. go anywhere else. Now with trigs and FOB rats. hisec is most dangerous and least rewarding for mining. Why waste your time there?

I know what you’re trying to say…but we didn’t have ‘plenty of time’, they aggro’d immediately.

We were all attentive, and only thanks to the mwd trick and 15 drones in cargo that I was able to get my orca out but some mining barges were not that lucky.

Because we also run trig fleets, missions and enjoy the freedom of Highsec?

So you were dscanning? It seems like overkill in HS but it is good practice for the rest of EVE. After spending most of my life in WH space I dscan out of habit.

Doubtful, by your tone i imagine you are one of those people that simply likes to blame others.

You must be in management.

Yes, we were Dscanning.

And i’m an old ogb alt from the golden days of highsec fuckery, a bit crusty but i also hit the dscan button regularly out of habit, especially when mining in 0.5 or 0.6.

I’m actually very cool with the (un)safety of highsec and want more of it, not less. My complaint is merely that a 12 million isk-per-hour activity shouldn’t be subject to the level of risk that a 150 million isk-per-hour activity is. For example, Conduit rats don’t even scram and they’re the best highsec isk faucet we’ve seen in years, second maybe to incursions.

I love the concept of the FOB’s and look forward to having 50 players in my corporation so that we can form incursion level fleets in order to remove them. I merely ask for the removal of scram, because I, like half of the eve population, have spent a significant amount of time over the last 10 years killing Sansha’s rats in missions. (Grinding standing to use locator agents and such,) and now with the introduction of these patrols, those very negative standings translate into an automatic escallation, and now everyone who I happen to be in the belt with gets to lose their ships because they can’t get into warp in the 8 seconds it takes for these rats to lock and scram them once on grid. And/or because they don’t have enough drones to throw at them as a distraction.

Just my 0.02 isk.

So this happens all the time to you and yours?

Or just solo them?
Because CCP messed up the scaling and made it worse to bring a fleet than solo.

lol do you ‘solo’ them with your 4 RR Domi’s? unless something has changed in the last 2 weeks the rats that arrived on belt with us could not be solo’d. They had logi and all forms of ewar, and it was all my 900 + dps rlm rattle could do to kill even a frigate.

Edit: admittedly i didn’t care to try that hard, but my argument isn’t that the rats are too difficult anyway, it’s that they have scram.

Look at zkill kills of FoBs. you will see solo kills by rattlesnakes and prophecies in there.
When it comes to the response fleet in belts I’m on your side that it’s a crazy sudden response with no escalation. But when it comes to clearing the FOB itself, different story.

Didn’t realize you could look up FOB’s on zkill, interesting :thinking:

With FOB rats coming to L4 mission pockets soon this should get interesting.

Once again

What is your source of this information?

1 Like

because you get better from hard . not from easy . fails are opportunities to learn to do better .

Hmm. I agree here. No what else gets better? The game, from discussions about why some of the features are poorly implemented, which is what is going on here.

I also deeply appreciate the poor-game-feature-apologists, playing the part of devil’s advocate so we can properly flesh out ideas and detail our discussions.

Since my first few encounters with them there have definitely been some tweaking to the FOB rats- but yes, the reinforcement mechanic encourages solo-rattlesnake play and the fact that there is still no warning upon undocking (for the ahem children like me) is odd.

Having to check the agency to see if its even worth it to warp to an asteroid belt is super-super lame.

Don’t think they’ve removed tackle from roaming fleet, unless that was the the response fleet responding to me mining asteroids.

A nearly fully skilled Porpoise can kill the tackle (if its just 1 ship) and get away, but it needs to be beefed up properly. I’m not sure a well skilled and fit Procurer could get away by itself, which means there needs to be a warning.

Lol I mean there’s even a reminder that “YOU ARE AT WAR” when faction warriors undock for goodness’ sake.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.