For the few, rather than the many

Thx for the input, sir. Youre talking semantics, though. The term “end-game” is just an easier way of saying “THat time in the game, where you can afford to lose big and do weird things in the world that are so much larger than high-sec etc.”.

I dont “look” at it in a “certain” way. I ponder things. Like Ive tried to convey, but apparently failing hard at is this:

• EVE had 17k online last night. When I left 2 yrs ago, there were 42k online. If you dont see that as odd and bad for EVE, youre clearly delusional and incapable of understanding what progress is. Nuff said.

• All my old contacts left the game. Some of us have wondered if we should get back in the game, but atm we see it as if the game is slowly winding down completely. Nothing happening in LS. 2 yrs ago it was the same. Because PL and Snuff constantly Blopped any fleet of a certain size. It just got boring being either pirates or fighting crime down there. HS was one long POCO-dance war-bonanza. Which was fun, to some extend. Conflict is always a source of action in EVE. That conflict is now almost gone, the way I see it. Unless you go to Null, where its very time-consuming and expensive to set up shop and get Sov. WH-playing is either completely boring and lonely or rather chaotic and expensive (if you stumble into the wrong hole or get invaded by something overwhelming.

• The youngsters I vetted for EVE, were all in the target-group for the genre. All geeks and Sci-fi-fans. And still they all left after a few weeks playing it. Ive only seen bots act like new players in Local, the last couple of days. And seeing the dwindling online-numbers, it seems like EVE aint getting re-populated, anytime soon. Thats a damn shame.

Whether you interpret my “rants” as bitter, I cant say, but I aint. Im sad, really. Sad that I cant find the spark for EVE. Sad that the ones still playing, are being so defensive about their precious addiction. Im annoyed how many people focus on semantics, rather than on solutions, ideas and constructive feedback. But maybe thats why EVE is dying. Because the current players are all smothering their precious baby (EVE) with love to it. Rather than developing it into something better than it was and is.

ALL this is just my POV. I dont expect any of you to agree on anything. In fact, it seems like you wont agree on anything, other than Im an idiot and a bitter moron lol. And thats fine. Ive been called worse hehe. But it dosent help EVE, does it? It dosent make me wanna play again, is it? And it certainly wont make me promote the game to others, as it is right now.
So yeah, call me bitter, call me a moron to your hearts content, but youre the bugger left behind in there, counting your Plex and feeling artificially awesome, through a virtual world, that was once the best on the planet, but now merely a shadow of its former self.

PS. many opt to add something that they do, that sounds awesome. Like “I started living in WHs in 8 months, solo, then eventually found some nice folks and joined a propper corp.”. Or “Ive talked to thousands of players!”. Or “living in Null-sec is easy. Ive done it for a long time”. Good for you, guys (claps loudly). Da capo! Attaboy! Encore! You da masta etc.
But seriously. You are NOT every new player. Youre unique individuals, that apparently find success in EVE, at a whim, without any hardships and trouble. Youre a genious :slight_smile: Grats!

2 Likes

Apparently Im not the only one thinking the game is winding down:

Dude, the only coherent message you’ve managed to convey is that you don’t like how much PLEX costs. Everything else is just “blah blahblah EVE is dying, what are we gonna do?!?!. Don’t you guys CARE??!!!”

Your ideas are awful for obvious reasons. No one cares. Go away.

3 Likes

Very adult approach, sir. (tips hat). Im glad I manage to annoy you delusionals hehe.
Had you ANY wish to see me leave the game and the forum, you wouldnt be bumping the thread like this. So why dont you tell us what you REALLY think, rather than poopin in other people discourse?

2 Likes

Think about what, dude? As I’ve said, your posts are largely incoherent nonsense.

2 Likes

To be fair, bumping is the only thing CODE know how to do without hurting themselves in the process.

2 Likes

CODE?

…and yet youre still here lol. Who´s the real idiot. The idiot, or the one that follows him?
Lets be idiots together, my dear! BFFs! I love you, you little rascal!

cough sorry, just got a bit emotional. I was not loved as a child, and need people like da Galaxy Piggie, to boost my confidence… I know, right?

you really have some serious inferiority issues. you indeed are a carebear. be sure to watch your back in the game. you apparently promise tons of tears with that behaviour.

1 Like

Hehe Invite you all to destroy me in EVE. Itll be fun, really! Have at you! (swings fists furiously).

Im actually honored you still sub to this thread, man! I must be worth your attention, hoorrraaahh!
PS. Dont worry about your reading issues and inability to read things that are higher on the Licht-scale than youre used to. We can all wait till you sift through and comprehend them, Im sure. Illiteracy is real, youall!

This quote alone shows how full of ■■■■ you are. The old Plex went over 1b two years and approximately three months ago.

Either you are lieing here on purpose about many things or your memory is seriously flawed. Either makes discussing things with you a complete waste of time.

1 Like

And more ■■■■■■■■. If you look at EVE-Offline :: EVE-Online Status monitor, you will see that PCU is around the same level today as it was two years ago.

What happened to this game?

Nothing.

Oh, well. Ill leave you gentlemen to it, then. Good for you, that you have your little cyber-space game leisure-house to your selves hehe. No harm, no foul. Its hard to hear critique about your favorite game, I get it. Sorry for disturbing the peace.
And dont worry, EVE is precisely were it belongs and deserves to be. And no one will change that, it seems.

The problem is not critique. The problem in this thread is that you are not fit to critique anything. You are criticizing based on your own lies and that’s called trolling.

3 Likes

This translates as “if CCP would just listen to ME, EVE would get way more people and make everyone at CCP rich!!!”.

It’s almost a trope around here. The real truth is that EVE Online doesn’t match your preferences, suggesting that EVE would be better for others if only it were better for you is beyond short sighted, it’s somewhat psychotic.

It’s not our fault that we like EVE and you don’t. It’s just the way it is.

The game has changed, no questioning that.

As to the price of plex? as you will recall all of that is player driven. Is it easy to ‘play for free forever?’ no, nor should it be. It is a game based on subscription and as such will continue to use plex as bait to draw in the marks but in the end they will pay or play in the minor leagues (or some of them will grind, I understand that some like to do that) If they made isk twice as easy to make I would bet that prices for plex would rise commensurate with the increase. Id you HAVE a lot of things left over from the ‘good old days’ then sell some of it to finance your return to Omega or wait till December and see how th4e alpha state looks then

Me? I do not begrudge the subscription I pay. I enjoy the game and the people I deal with and I honestly LIKE a lot of folks at do not mind them making a living helping me enjoy myself.

m

2 Likes

lol I love how you guys think you can get a rise out of me. Its endearing to get all that attention, really.
But if it helps Ill post a new disclaimer, so you can feel better about yourselves. I can handle it, no problems :slight_smile:

Alright here I go:
EVE Online is one of the most impressive and unique experiences you can find in gaming. For the price of only (X) you get an infinate source of learning, you learn buisness acumen, how to very inaccurately steer space-going vessels into other similar spacegoing material. You find friends from all over the world and void. You very slowly develop very expenssive things, that very quickly dissipate in front of your eyes, and learn from losses. You will learn to avoid scams and Null-sec, and it only takes a bit of work to stay connected.

You will enter a world of amazing fan-bois, who are ready to scorn your every syllable, even inspite of abject idiocy. People who havent left EVE cyberspace for years. Are you ready to diminish your real life, and tranform yourself into a pixelated god of the vast nothingness of deep space? Can you survive the boredom of 1 isk-trading? Does your heart ache for a continued narrative, that will never ever end, and the solitude it is to play EVE?

Then this game is certainly for you! Its not recommended that youre below 18 yrs old, however. Should you experience EVE before reaching that age, you WILL die of boredom, lose all your college money and you wont even know why you pressed play.
Oh, and get ready to spend both your college-money (that you already lost previously, while subbing) and suspend your education. Cause this game really demands your attention! Have at it, kids! Go have fun! WHoooooO!

Meanwhile in reality somewhere:
A bunch of VERY bored people, keeps pounding their unfiltered biased venom, in the face of a simple curious dude, that had the oddacity to start a debate. Said dude was last seen uninstalling EVE and backing out slowly, trying not to disturb more of the inbred remains of the New Eden-population.

NB. Again, thx for the bumps folks! Really helps my thread get attention! Youre all amazing!

If that’s what you think of the players and game…why the ■■■■ are you here?

This last post is something I’d expect from a high angst filled teen full of jealous hatred for others that have a bit more disposable income.

Reported as nothing more than flaming now.

2 Likes