For the few, rather than the many

Interesting, sir. So you dont feel the way I was treated in here, by the fan-boi army, makes it alright for me to respond in kind? Hmm, that is fascinating! Slightly delusional, though…

Dont forget, that for most of this thread, Ive tried to keep people talking without using derogatory remarks. And Ive failed lol. So yeah, if you cant beat them, join them. SO it was an attempt to speak their tongue. I see now, that I also fail in that department lol…Oh dear.

Anywho, if anyone has any REAL input or feedback about the topic, feel free to join in. ALthough most sane and serious people probably left by now lol…

PS. WHy are YOU here, sir? If you think my thread is stupid, and I suck, then dont read it, man. Dont bump a thread you want gone.

…and I might add, that I didnt WANT to think that about the EVE-population, but have you seen the responses given in this thread lol? I didnt even have to inflame them ,they all just got mad at me for no apparent reason. I admit, that Ive been poking them, the last day or two, though. Which only seems fair, given their salty disposition towards a simple dude, talking about aspects of the game, dont you think?

There is no debate. You started whining based on false premises and being a cheap ■■■■.

The very apparent reason is your pathetic trolling.

What topic? What you presume to be the topic is already discussed with more substance and less trolling in various other threads. You just fail to make valid points by missing even the simplest facts.

2 Likes

You make a aggressively worded post about how bad the game is and then belittle and ridicule anyone who disagrees with you and you then wonder why people are hostile towards you? Gee… Let me think…

If you want constructive discussion, then think about how your posts read like and drop the attitude.

3 Likes

OP’s a carebear, which indicates he’s incapable of self reflecting, so … what’s the correct course of action now? Ignore? Mass flag?

Cheap hahaha, thats funny. Spending over 1000 bucks on the game to date. Yeah, thats really cheap…

The fact that you find my first couple of posts aggressive, is quite weird. And thats not even taking into account, that its all based on your interpretation of it, rather than on what my motive really was about.
My “attitude” has been a symptom of you guys, and the way you let people know, that theyre idiots, rather than asking them politely why they have such views. You all need to look up the term civility, and study it closely. Clearly youre oblivious to your own effects on communication.

But its all a moot point, really. I started a debate (i thought), because I wanted to get back my EVE-spark. I lost it for some already disclosed reasons. Many of you claim that the game is fine, and nothing has changed over the last 2 yrs or more. You focus on semantics, like “Aggressively worded” or “Flaming”, which is clearly not the case. My reactions to some of your less than courteous replies, should be discounted, because youre the ones that threw the first stone, by ridiculing pretty much anything I say. Even when I admit I was wrong, when friendly people told me how it REALLY worked. Still, Im somehow targetted by you guys lol. Its fascinating to behold. Like watching an accident, its horrible to look at, but you just cant look away lol.

And apparently you cant either. SO at least we got that in common hehe.
Ive long since abandoned any hope, that EVE will get more community-friendly population. But truth is, that EVE only survives by having this Knighthood of fan-bois, dumping their ire on humble participants of the EVE-discourse. And when they get opposed by these people (like me), they build up the troll-war, so the OP finally caves in and leaves lol.

If you truely cared for the game, Youd educate me respectfully and civilized, rather than paint me with all sorts of derogatory brushes. THAT would truely be a community worth joining.

1 Like

Spread over 6 years that’s 45 cents a day. That’s incredibly cheap even for all the young people you seem to want to make play EvE with you. And as i pointed out 10-20% of my trial accounts have continued playing so it’s fairly obviously something wrong with your recruitment strategy.

1 Like

I went through the first 30 posts. I didn’t see anything more than people disagreeing with you in a pretty decent manner. Not until you decided tell people to “stfu” as you had already paid for the game x amount of years with real money, (which somehow makes you different from the rest of us?) did you get aggressive posts towards you.

You made this thread with your mind already made up, calling the players “fanboys” and challenged us to prove you wrong.

Eve has one of the best communities in online-gaming. New players are better taken care of now than ever before with multiple organisations taking in new players into different types of spaces. We take care of your own by having player-led initiatives in fitness, mental-health and other subjects that go beyond the game. Eve-players give money to charities through CCP (google PLEX 4 good). We just don’t like when people come in with a biased view and then belittle and troll those who try to explain the reality of the game. If you want to see the real community, try leaving you bias at the door and keep an open mind.

3 Likes

Alrighty then. Cant convince an alley cat, that it shouldnt eat the fish in front of it. And since you guys cant see any content I write, because you cant look past semantical issues, then its rather impossible to get any wiser.
So yeah, I never said stfu to anyone here. And yet thats what you read into it. A few people gave me good advice and politely corrected my ignorance, and made me go into the game to try what they suggested. And then it suddenly turned sour, after yellow started ridiculing me for no reason, other than I didnt agree with him.
And now the rest of you carrion-crawlers worm in, to suck up the leftovers, by telling me over and over again, how stupid I am, and how Im clearly a troll and got no idea about anything EVE lol. Sure, lets call it “fair” lol.

But its been a blast, fellas. I think Ill just leave you guys to your own devices. Had I been a Dev and watched this thread, I would surely have been a little worried, that the ones chasing new or returning players away, is their most staunch defenders lol. Quite a dilemma…

1 Like

I never said the thread was stupid, I was only commenting on that single post.

Bard said it best

If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber’d here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
if you pardon, we will mend:
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to 'scape the serpent’s tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call;
So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.

Read more: Robin Goodfellow Puck's Monologue from A Midsummer Night’s Dream | StageAgent

Jesus OP,

Oh i dont know, almost 2 years ago, or when ever trial was actually 30 days long i created an alt and proceeded to test out if a newbro could plex up in his first 30 days.

Guess what, more likely because i am a vet and already knew what things to do, i was able to make 1.3 Billion ISk with an avg time spent of 1-2 hrs daily.

I have no sympathy for you, as a returning Vet you should not have any complaints, you want a Free game…that is not EvE. So either start EvE-ing or GTFO and good riddance because we really dont need this kind of crap. Go play a browser game if you want FTP with all the trimmings, we need newblood willing to “play” the game, not some old wrinkly butt bitter vet.

1 Like

Its okay sir. Do not despair. Itll be alright. As long as people like you are telling people like me how to behave, think and analyze things, Im sure there will be a tomorrow :slight_smile:
Have a nice day.
…and no need for formality. OP will suffice. Hardly need to use my titel as savior.

1 Like

There are 2 types of posters. One posts intelligently, and thus gets intelligent, courteous responses in return.

The other (lets call them the 'Wotans" of the world) vomits ■■■■■■■■ at people and then is terribly, terribly surprised, dismayed and defensive when people respond in kind. Somehow the person who could not stop himself from posting like a know it all jerk (and incorrect know it all jerk at that) somehow thinks that other people should show restraint when posting.

In college I was actually in a relationship with a person like that. She would be rude and condescending to people and not even realize it. Then people would (predictably) react negatively to here she would get offended, act like she had done nothing wrong, like the person’s response ‘just came out of no where’.

Like with this OP, it was painful to watch.

1 Like

Ratting in capitals and even super capitals happened, which basically made isk inflate to a degree that would even make Zimbabwe cringe. The devs wanted to nerf it, but like CCP always does, they gave in to the powerblocks doing this ■■■■ and barely even touched the isk niagra waterfalls in the end.

Anyway that’s what killed plex prices, the rest of the market was killed by rorquals now being able to mine so much ore that every other mining ship is utterly and completely obsolete in eve. (Not even remotely joking or exaggerating on either point.)

I too miss the eve online of old. Good news is, Eve is getting some proper competition finally, even if we’re still a year or two away from outright replacement options.

1 Like

have had a few members join back after a long break away, they heard EVE was F2P and wham back they came only to find the dream of playing their full acount/accounts completely free was broken, their words, like the OP hit the very same tone.

“pretty much useless. I cant fit anything in my hangar”

they also cried about not being able to use more than one alpha at a time.

they stayed in chat for a few hours and we laughed and chatted but when asked if they are sticking around in EVE they said no. i asked why not, you can still do lots on an alpha.

the answer was simple and honest, i’m not paying 15 bucks a month for a game i’m not that into anymore and why would i grind a game i’m not that into to gain enough isk to plex it.

on the other hand a few alphas joined my corp, they where very very happy with what they had to work with, yes they looked at the parts of the game they couldn’t use and said many times, mmmmm would love to be able to fly that ship or use that mod or access that part of the game, but they never once whined about it, they where getting to play a game for free and access pretty much everything they needed to allow them to decide if they wanted to sub up, and yes they did sub up and are very happy with the game.

so from what i can see the alpha states are working grand and now with CCP boosting them a little it should work even better as a recruitment for new players and vets returning.

F2P is a recruitment tool aimed more towards new players, yes some people will grind for the first plex and then be happy to grind for more to feed their EVE habit, nothing wrong with that and fair play to them.

but please, don’t whine about what you spent in the past and your imaginary rights you feel that gave you.
go away and read the EULA, you never owned anything in EVE you just leased it and that right can be removed anytime CCP feels the urge.

it’s not hard, 3 choices, F2P, pay, or go away. no hard feelings, that’s just how it is.

3 Likes

Yep, I agree completely. And it may very well be fine, and my ruminations are just the last throes of EVE-death for me.
As Ive tried to say, which Yellow, Jenn and some others have difficulty comprehending is, that Im merely here to try and understand what EVE is NOW. And if that will make me rejoin. Given their less than courteous replies, and the info I gleaned through reading the good posts and researching myself, dosent really sell me over completely.

Gaming is very individual, for sure. We all have our ways, preferences and whatnot. My concerns for EVE stem from simple deduction from seeing the numbers. Add to that a pinch of old experience (which I understand are mere misconceptions now). And maybe a little prejudice about the diehard general EVE-population today, that ofc often lack common courtesy and civility, but also have a propensity for not wanting the game to change at all, unless it fits their exact type of game-style or wallets (both ingame and out of game wallets).

I wont comment on these hot-air-ballons, but it shows, that anyone wanting back in the game, has to conform precisely to how they think the game should be, or gtfo. I know of no reason, to ever join such a community, tbh. I find it sad, that the game I loved has now completely turned into this elaborate cashcow, with an old and stale population, that have more isk than sense. And who welcomes questions and feedback, with expletives and labels. And when they experience riposte, they really get offended and step up the attack-posts. Like we clearly see in this thread.

Is there any real reason to it, though? Why wouldnt the asshats in here want a “crybaby whiner” in their game? They could scam me, hunt me, wardec me, bully me and whatnot lol. But instead, they opt to make people completely leave the game, by constantly smearing them in public.
Now I dont have much of a temper, towards these shenanigans, tbh. Oddly enough, I learned to fend off that type of people, i EVE lol… The ironi is hopefully not lost on you…

But thx EVE, for teaching me that online, its way more likely that meet an asshat, than to meet good and respectful ones. Thx EVE for entertaining me back in the day. You dont have to entertain me any more. I got new games, with better and less toxic communities, to play. And I think the future generations will as well. Maybe EVE will be one of the first cyber-hospices, for old gamers, where they can buy Tapiocha pooding on the market (overpriced ofc!) and play Scrabble, while they mine some roids lol. Who knows, I might install EVE again, at such a time, and just lollygag around the void in my signature old Navy Comet.
But yeah EVE is for me, but alas, not the population.

PS. I never claimed I had any rights at all. Just to clear that up. But neither am I cheap. Ive paid my do´s in EVE. Ive drawn in 15 players, that all played for years. Ive ran a corp of 20 people, been helpin gnew pilots in the alliances Ive been part off. Ive been CEO of COA, before they changed sec-status-repping, where we created fun fights, conflicts and wars for hundreds of players. And provided out-of-game content for thousands, in the EVE-universe. But I didnt start this thread to get a “thank you, sir”. No one owe me ■■■■ in EVE, and neither does CCP. Ive had my fun. No probs.
This thread was about the future, about how old eyes view new things and about how Im worried, that EVE has peaked and is on a downhill slide. It MAY not be so, and thx for clearing that up, if its actually the case.

What these forums have taught me is that some people are physically unable to take responsibility for themselves and their own words. Wotan Rexus will never, ever understand that the negative response people had to him was caused by him and his poor communication skills.

He could have posted his thoughts a million different ways that would not have made him come off as an asshat, he ignored all of them in favor of the ‘smug know-it-all’ option. And when he gets the kind of response that people with that kind of poor communicating ability usually get, he gets all passive aggressive (this is why I mentioned my ex ,she was like that, probably still is lol).

To the OP, Fix yourself Wotan, learn how to communicate and you won’t get the kinds of responses you are whining about. Others have come back to this game and the forums and not had the reception you are getting, because the tone of their posts were reasonable and showed some humility, unlike yours.

4 Likes

Well, Ill prove you wrong, right now, missy!
Im sorry if Ive caused distress in this thread. I take on full responsibility for it. No one else in this thread have done anything wrong. I AM TO BLAME! (now, even when I appologize Im fairly certain, that it wont be believed by Jenn and her psycophants. Just wait and see lol). So what exactly can anyone do, to redeem themselves, in this perfectly airconditioned nightmare, that is EVE-fora?

For saying things you dont like, I sincerely appologize to the indigenous species of EVE, for daring to say anything that werent up to their standards and level of communication etc.
No REAL humans were injured, during these proceedings, however…

(Ill forward a cautious estimate, that Jenn is American? I say this, because its been clear to me, lately, that Americans seem to not understand ANYTHING not American, as the rest of the world struggles to understand ANYTHING American, these days).

Im sorry I dont have the level of communicative skills, that Jenn so sourly needs, in order to understand anything anyone says, without reacting with hostility and smearing posts. We cant all be epitomes of discoruse, like this plethora of exellence, that Jenn and her friends, so generously bestows upon us mere mortals! Praised be they, who does not speak other languages than English, for they are truly blessed.

NB. I really mean what I say, when I appologize if I offended anyone. I just use a lot of sarcasm, because thats what makes best sense to me, when confronted with almost anal dictations and false superiority, by people who does little else in their lives, than troll the normal people in game-fora. And I hope you agree, that thats pretty prevalent in these fora, huh? The constant tug-o-war between well-intentioned casual people, and the hardcore knights of the Ku Klux EVE (Pardon the rather unpleasant comparison, but it just felt right saying it lol…).

PS: Dear Jenn. Your level of humility is beyond reproach. You are an example to be followed, for sure. Thx for the inspiration…cough
Im sadly one of the “many”.

1 Like

I’m just going to go back and repost the answer I gave a while back:

EVE is free to play with a grind.

It’s pay to play with no grind.

And it can be played with a limited feature set for free with no grind.

I think that’s a pretty good set of options for players. Deciding if you want to play the game is up to you. There are plenty of things CCP could try to improve the game. But the fact is the 3 methods above are VERY reasonable as a way to allow people to access the game with full and limited feature sets. I think the problem everyone seems to have with what you’re saying is that your fix is to “make it cheaper”. That rings hollow. Either it’s something you enjoy and you want to choose one of those 3 methods of playing… or you don’t enjoy it and you don’t. But wanting to play for less suggests you DO like the game… but you just want a freebie (or a discount). The reason Eve has issues with the number of players likely has nothing to do with the 3 methods of paying/playing the game… but rather than the game isn’t accessible or doesn’t interest enough other players. Making it cheaper doesn’t help that in any way. It seems more like just something you’d like for YOU… not something in any way beneficial for the game.

4 Likes