Force Auxiliary Balance Proposal

No one should care about what Null sec monkeys think! A good 10 man WH fleet will wipe out a hundred man monkey fleet!

Well, by that logic, you only would’ve need 60 wormholers to take the fight in UALX, right?

Brilliant move.Wait for everyone and their dog to get fax alts then nerf it.I see some extractor pack sales in your future.
Also get lost and balance battleships instead

■■■■■■■■! Just lost my Fax in a 20 man sub cap fight. They brought the right tools, some real talent, real pilots, and had a great fight! A few bhallgorns will ruin a faxes day.

1 Like

Well, it seems that FAXs are not that OP - at least not in the current brawl. What was it, 30 or 40 killed in a short period to a “dread bomb”.
Seems at least 75 bit the dust in UALX-3 today, maybe more.

Part of the issue is faxes are generally used for two roles

• Repping sub caps, usually active fit with the need for quick cycle time
  • Meatshield for super fleets with emphasis on brick buffer tank and big rep output

Therefore why not have two triage modules that provide different bonuses?

I agree faxes need a bit of a nerf in some areas but blanket nerfing a module doesnt seem the right way to go about it - so why not build the hp bonus and rep amount etc into the triage mod?

N.B Minokowa cap stability sucks

It seems that people have a real concern with the strength of FAXes when it comes to repping subcaps, especially in certain areas of the game. The sig-based repping was an interesting idea but it was pointed out that this solution is development-intensive.

Has anyone given any thought to the scan res bonus from the triage module? Right now a FAX can lock subcaps extremely quickly thanks to the 900% bonus. If that number was tweaked, the lock time for subcaps would be longer, allowing more counter play in the form of rapid target switching. It seems proper to me that a ship that (finally) gets locked by a FAX is hard to break, but FAXes might no longer be the best option for small fleets if their lock time means you can break ships just by swapping targets.

2 Likes

that means more number is best option
small corp lived in low sec just sit and watch destroyed by 200 subcap fleet from null
EZPZ

Imo the lock time isnt fast enough when compared to the old triage archons coupled with the current rep cycle time (mainly shield). It also hurts shield again as you cant reliably fit a sebo in the mids of a minow/lif. I think the problem lies around lifs/ninazus being able to operate on zero cap in wh space (primarily) you can stay green even under neut pressure for as long as you have 3200s which can be in fuel trucks

If the problem is FAX’s repping sub-caps…make sub cap reps unable to fit faxes, makes cap reps unable to rep subcaps. Problem solved, subcap fleets will need subcap logi. Faxs can then go about the business of repping caps.

I’ve made the same argument.

1 Like

I’ve made the same argument.
[/quote]

Seems the simpliest fix, Didn’t see your post…lost in the neva neva lands

This was internally. I think fundamentally that FAXes should be cap logi only, and that there should be either diminishing returns on subcap repping, some kind of signature based reduction in the application of capital to subcapital reps, or otherwise a flat out bar on FAXes being used to rep subcaps. But all of that takes more time and testing than changing the dials, so I hope that it would end up being something that they look at down the road, assuming this nerf goes through.

1 Like

This is 100% the fact.

People complaining about FAXes apparently forgot how game mechanics work and how to tool a gang to deal with a FAX.

This was internally. I think fundamentally that FAXes should be cap logi only, and that there should be either diminishing returns on subcap repping, some kind of signature based reduction in the application of capital to subcapital reps, or otherwise a flat out bar on FAXes being used to rep subcaps. But all of that takes more time and testing than changing the dials, so I hope that it would end up being something that they look at down the road, assuming this nerf goes through.
[/quote]

As someone who flies both sub cap and fax logi, I dont have a problem with FAX’s not repping sub caps. Fax’s in Cap fights work as intended, reducing the rep numbers for Caps, will just mean more FAX’s will be used. Skill injection is also a part of the problem, its just too easy to get into Capital ships of any kind. It actually used to mean something if you were able to fly one.

You dont seem to see the connection between Supers/Titans and FAXs for some reason. Yes i agree that Supers and Titans are too strong too (thats what you get if you ask super and titans pilots to design them - aka the capital focus group). But the number one problem with them is their safety and that safety is provided by FAX. Those FAX might not always be on field for people to see but they are ready to come in if needed.

Anyone can just be in a fight… that doesn’t mean you know what you are talking about… so how many FAXes did you get killed? I’m not talking “whored on the mail” im talking you went out and got it done.

One carrier, 3 squads at 27 fighters vs 1 falcon = falcon wins
One super, 5 squads vs falcon = falcon wins
One fax vs 30 man 1 ship type subcap fleet = fleet wins?
Where is the variety of ships. for example day one tutorial, you warp to a Astrahus on a mission where there is a mixed fleed with frigates, cruisers, battleships, logi, ewar, Fax, dreads and carriers.
Eve should not become a 1 type fleet but have a mixed doctrine of ships with particular roles that they are good at.
Now if you see a carrier drop, people don’t run away in frigates they go to kill it with 10 frigates which makes the term capital warfare just a big expensive useless ship to train in.

1 Like

FAXs not repping subcaps? Nice to know that CCP and CSM are looking out for the smaller entities…

Local reps from FAX’es were just too strong in any small scale pvp engagement, so i think this is a start. Balancing them must be a nightmare.

Counterplay options are too limited. Their cap stability, immunity to ewar, and lack of anti-logi options leave few strategies to opponents outside of bringing more numbers

Exactly this is the problem. Sooo… “Remote-Assistance-Disruption” Module incoming? :wink: