Force Auxiliary Balance Proposal

EBOLA Main FC here:

Indeed, faux are too stronk. But in my opinion it’s not about the repair amount or the cycle time. There are still plenty of possibilities to counter faux and we do it very easily even with our relatively small numbers.

At least in our scale (50vs50~) the main problem is basicly the cap stability. We can just drop a mino with a shitload of cap boosters and can run this ■■■■ stable and more or less neut immun. We even use faux infront of anti capital fitted structures because the capacitor is well enough to withstand capital neuts on structures. If we need more charges we just warp an alt on grid filled with boosters.
Keep in mind that the mino does not even have the bonus on capacitor boosters…
Or you can just fit an apostle capstable with all their reppers running… ninazu that can withstand a complete bhaal fleet because the insane capacitor bonus.

In my opinion a change of this capacitor superiority would be a lot better. If you take out cycletime, i am afraid you will make them useless against alpha fleets again (since your macha debuff, people fly shield machas now that are a lot more dangerous btw :-P). instead force the people to not just faceroll faux for wins but require pilots that know what they do and communicate well with their mates. triage dancing: if faux cant stand alone on grid again, you’d need triage dancing and cap buddies again. managing and timing triage cycles and so on. instead of just dropping the hammer on faux i’d prefer a solution that just makes it ‘harder to play’.

9 Likes

Cap boosters negate the ability to neut these ships out effectively. As long as they’ve got boosters, they can survive. It’s worse in WHs.

This kind of thing should not happen: Minokawa | Holmsey | Killmail | zKillboard - reps 6 mill actual damage against a 150+ man subcap fleet for close to twenty minutes until dreads could be brought in range. That’s OP, and forces escalations when they shouldn’t be necessary.

6 Likes

As someone who has been saved many a time, by Minos, and the like. These changes would definitely not saved me, so thats a no for me.

I somewhat agree with the cost aspect of the fax argument here. A fax alt is like 46 injectors (or 35bn or so), a fax is 1.5-2.5bn. I think even 4-5bn for a fax wouldn’t be bad if the fax pilot itself cost 30bn or even 25bn to inject. More on the field to be destroyed, proportionally.

You are out of your mind… A Lif can tank up to 100.000 DPS… i want to see your small gang applying that neut pressure to crack it :smiley:
And you seem to forget that while you are supposed to kill that fax “easily in minutes” you are most likely also getting shot by his friends who are invincible as long as they got enough EHP.

3 Likes

Use bhaalgorns and you will win.

2 Likes

That is the dumbest thing. If u nurf fax then nerf supers titans dreds. Let’s not cater to alliance or corps that are all supers and no fax/ subcaps. How about we fix what everyone wants … tidi

3 Likes

nerfing ? alright… and what about removing the heresy that is Logistics Cruisers V requirement for Triage ? I don’t see Logistics frigates on the list for Triage. How the hell is this still a thing ? CCPlease

3 Likes

Indeed

2 Likes

they gonna fix it alright, field more fax to compensate -> more crushing soul tidi

1 Like

Becuase the people who work on balance are exactly the same people who work on the servers and mechanics. If you want to talk about that CCP should lay off some of their art team to bring in a team to focus on tidi lag and server stuff, not assign the understaffed balance group to server stuff with no relevant skills. Also tidi sucks but not nearly as much as old school lag

just make capital remote reps signature based

6 Likes

Well i guess this nerf doesn’t change anything in massive capital blob, just bring 100 more faxes… Maybe its finally time to take look at diminishing return nerf instead.

That’s not how it works though, because injecting from 0 and cycling reps is totally a thing.

Make FAXes do either remote reps or local reps, not both at the same time. And perhaps make capital logi work on capital ships only, leaving subcaps to subcap logi.

The proposed nerfs would lead only to more FAXes on grid and more TiDi.

Which part of space is this fix supposed to apply to, In 0.0 and Lowsec it just means bring extra FAX.
In a wormhole CAP is the game changer, rep amount hardly matters unless.

So it becomes worse in both areas but at the same time not addressing the problems in either. That being a near infinate cap repping machine that in Sov space can be spammed to infinity and in WHs its an unbreakable cap monster that runs forever and ever.

active rep faxes are a HUGE problem in wormholes, if they’re fine in k-space thats one thing, but they’re incredibly oppressive in wormholes were you literally can’t bring enough people through a hole to break an actively tanked ninazu with dps and you can’t neut it out since they can just chug 3200s from an impel sitting next to it forever. Any time one of them dies in a wh brawl they’re always the last thing to die and its almost always because they ran out of cap sticks hours after everything else died

2 Likes

I dont think the wormhole situation was the first priority. Ive shot faxes with 100BS and had problem cracking them (in k-space).

2 Likes

Here’s the issue. The force auxiliaries cannot receive support from other ships so they need to be self reliant for repairs. If you nerf it’s self reliance to support its own tank against a 120 man fleet then they will lose their importance in small fleets where people often brawl it out, they would purely become capital suicidal buffer tanked logistic ships, small groups which want to fight against larger groups but cannot host a lot of people, for them this matters a lot. On top of that, the counter to them is very simple, neutralizers, having dedicated neutralizing ships will do the job specially if the force auxiliary is jumped during a fight because at that point it has lost its 70% capacitor at least to make the jump.

1 Like
  1. on the KM are 129, so how do you get 150?
  2. that thing has not even 60k dps tank (with blue pill, agency, HG-crystal & so on)
  3. is not capstable with BOTH cap injections running.
  4. a big part of the fight you quoted…came in later. in the beginning, it wasn’t enough fleet on grid to kill it and they brought in more, slowly.
  5. where does the minikawa have 100% neut resistance? i mean…it’s not even capstable even without neuts on it.