Force Auxiliary Balance Proposal

I’m still asking myself why people even think about

1. nerfing cap regen/cap injection on fax
  2. nerfing local rep on fax
  3. reducing RR on capitals

when the issue is in the fleet composition of the attacker. (case 1-2)
case 3 see few ppl above this posting

to reiterate

don’t ruin the part of the game that thousands of people live for (nullsec wars) for some dumb niche ■■■■ where 5 nano dweebs are crying they cant break an active fax or 15 arranged fight wormholers cry because their 3 allocated bhaalgorns aren’t enough

do not nerf fax local tank without changing the keepstar first

4 Likes

No, it doesn’t. We don’t decide what CCP wants to address. We provide feedback when they present us with issues.

I can sit and say “there are too many supers in the game” until my face turns blue and if CCP doesn’t want to address it, it doesn’t get addressed.

1 Like

Right, we’re getting better at the bubbling. The agonizing part is more about fielding that amount of DPS. Even at 40k ehp/s, that means we’d need to bring >20 pilots (plus logi, plus bubblers, etc) and enough mass availability through a wormhole to kill it in a “reasonable” amount of time. This is not easy for a huge majority of wormhole corps. We can do it, but the amount of ISK and effort to kill a ship that could be fitted decently for 4-5bil is insane.

Then why do we have a CSM? :thinking: Put some pressure on those noobs over there. They need to deal with real issues, not some symptom. That’s the job of the CSM.

They’re both ideas which have come up before.

The problem is that they’ll take time to implement. (it’s new code. New code takes time.) A change like this one takes a lot less time to do (And it’s just one or two people’s time. mostly in discussion and gaming it out. New code takes design time, implementation time (different dev normally) and testing time (another Dev again))

The concepts aren’t being ignored. I generally like them. Just not for now.

1 Like

He answered your question already. We have a CSM so they can provide feedback on topics chosen by CCP.

Remember, sig radius modifying it is a substantially more complicated change to implement, requiring more people involved, rather than some attribute adjustment.

2 Likes

I will pass that along.

1 Like

New code takes time. Old legacy code takes time. The problem is, those issues have been around for more than 5 years now.

Team ShamWow! I’m afraid. sorry.

1 Like

Your current issue is fax’s holding grid in wormholes. Could just make some nerfing wormhole specific. This is too severe for a umbrella nerf.

So, you have some options:
• Get gud
• Band together
• Recruit and train newbros and show them how good wormie life can be
• Deal with it

1 Like

yes thats WH space.

1. you need to check for a target
  2. you need to check if the target is available for the fleet

if that doesn’t apply you can’t go for it.
c1-c3…do you know how difficult it is to have one in there nowadays? it has to be difficult in those 3.
c4-c6…you can easily bring the amount of ships nessary. dreads, battleships are easy to bring in (and dreads do a shitton of damage). if you have a sporadic which doesn’t support caps, just jump in a 50man cruiser fleet.

so stupid question: how easy do you expect to be able to kill a capital worth 4-5b for a subcap fleet of legions/lokis/nestors/else?
(i might advise you to check out hard knocks and their WH gangs…they can kill caps pretty effectively, you should check out their WH part of their KB)

1 Like

Give the Scorpion a special role or module to jam the faxes. I don’t give a ■■■■ about faxes tbh, I just want a buff to the Scorpion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good ole’ CCP nerfs a capital ship day, best day to get some popcorn and watch the forum fireworks!

Good luck CCP and CSM peoples

No that’s not the only issue, the other big one is a FAX alt or two being dropped into any subcap fight and being unbreakable without a capital escalation or 100+ guys. If you can’t have a subcap fight without escalating into capitals every time then subcaps are pointless.

1 Like

Looks like goons aka CSM don’t like that their preys could hold ground against them in sov warfare with a good amount of FAXes.

Sad to see, that CFC still controls lot of decissions at CCP when it comes to a problem they couldn’t solve ingame themself.

And CCP wonders again and again why their wronged decissions are not welcomed by the community outside of goon leadership.

1 Like

Goons will solve the proposed changes like every other nullsec or wh group. Get another fax alt in fleet.

1 Like

“halve the fleet hangar and sma on fax to nerf their ability to chug 3200s and tank til downtime
limit capital capacitor booster and capital ancillary anything to one per vessel (also nerfs rorqs which are problematic)
remove the cap booster bonus on the ninazu and lif, give them the passive cap amount bonus from the apostle and mino. increase this bonus to 7.5%/lv to make it actually meaningful
don’t nerf cycle times on fax reps unless you want 1) hurricanes online and 2) no one to ever use caps again
limit the ability of a fax to output reps by nerfing their fittings so they can’t fit as many reps and tank, and have to make Interesting Fitting Choices (i see you ccp rise and fozzie with your stupid ‘no more utility highs’ and ‘kin lock everything’ gimmicks)
don’t nerf aspects that aren’t broken while leaving the problematic aspects intact, riot games”

This guy has the right idea

1 Like