Forsaken Fortress – Coming 26 May

That’s assuming you’re the sole owner and operator of the structure, and that there’s no one to trigger asset safety for you. In those cases you already run that risk in the current state of things.

These people that are taking a break are maintaining their structures completely alone without anyone elses help? and they can’t put stuff into asset safety before they go?

If you get hit by a car and can’t login:

a) you have more to worry about than imaginary space-pixels. You got hit by a car.
b) have someone you trust IRL login to your account page on the support website and put in a petition to have your stuff moved to asset safety cuz you got hit by a car. I’m sure CCP will understand.

11 Likes

It’ll look like and abused for RMT, imo.

THIS IS AWESOME

:red_circle:

Turning it back on costs only 3 days, and if I don’t need a structure for 2 or 3 weeks because, for instance, I produced too much and need to sell stocks off first or because I have RL going on, you can save a lot of money. That’s not feasible any longer.

That does not make that assumption at all. As you can see I am part of TEST so my assets are reasonably safe. But if for some reason I am suddenly unable to login and TEST loses their space, I lose everything. No coming back to eve.

So… the overwhelming majority of players who live in massive nullblocs WILL NOT be impacted by this change, because those alliances will more than likely continue to fuel and operate their structures…

Players who live out alone in nullsec, and for some reason don’t log back into the game for 30 days (until the patch hits) have either quit playing the game, or are aware of the dangers of just leaving unprotected assets out in space for such a long time.

Players living in lowsec have the ability to just Asset Safety their ■■■■ into the same system.

Wormholes aren’t changing since this has always been how it’s worked in wormholes (dead structures drop all loot and no asset safety).

Iono, from my cursory examination, it seems like the overwhelming majority of players won’t be impacted by this at all.

6 Likes

Any returning player that played in nullsec probably already has a buttload of stuff in cits and stations all over the game, or they’re part of a group that’s been able to hold onto one patch of space for a significant number of years, and will probably continue being able to hold onto that space.

For example? Anyone whose stuff is in 1dq? I don’t think they have to worry much.

And again: anyone worried about it?

1. Login as alpha.
  2. open ‘assets’
  3. right-click citadel names and send it all to asset safety.
5 Likes

They’re not though. Very very few nullsec powers are going to let their staging structures die in an abandoned state. In the vast majority of cases things will go to asset safety, except possibly with faction citadels which weren’t already unanchored (a concern that has already bought up)

1 Like

Cool so we are now encouraging EULA violations because of a stupid change. And yes at the time I have more important things to worry about which is why I can’t go rescue my assets. But months later when I come back after I now get to not play a game I have spent 15 years playing because someone blew up a station.

1 Like

If you’re leaving the game for that long, why don’t you just… asset safety your assets in the first place?

5 Likes

If you think goons and test haven’t already figured out how to troll a station into abandoned state you might be under thinking this. But lets assume that, so now you don’t want to kill a station until its abandoned.

You lose your assets if TEST let’s their structures go low power to the abandoned state without manually triggering asset safety… which they wont.

1 Like

Did you miss the first part of this conversation? A sudden life change for any variety of reasons prevents moving my assets.

Iono, from my cursory examination, it seems like the overwhelming majority of players won’t be impacted by this at all.

I think you are underestimating the number of players in High/Low/Null who operate out of small corps or even who are running their own solo-corp.

No one can trigger asset safety for me.

But the entity under attack always has the option of manually triggering asset safety in these circumstances.

A station owner can manually trigger asset safety for everyone in the station.

Once again: willing to bet CCP will be understanding if you were hit by a freaking car.

If that’s happening to your staging station (which is what he was talking about), then they’ve probably waited well over a year with you unable to interceptor or JF in/out. Because anyone who ever has less than a year of fuel in their stager is insane.

1 Like