Forsaken Fortress Revisited

This is an excellent idea, would definitely get my vote.

2 Likes

Good thing you don’t have to, isn’t it.

1 Like

I also like the idea. It would give small corps who cant afford it, a chance to taste the big life at no real risk to themselves. Help clean up litter and recycle so to speak.

1 Like

points taken :slight_smile:

So after 10 days or less, systems like Korsiki which were on the edge of lowsec and teeming with life now only have a single player owned structure/astra/industry structure. Only the huge corps or those with the large alliances to protect them could keep their structures. All the rest could be war decced and just looted as their owners went on holiday or werent able to log on or whatever. So now only people who can guarantee their corp is large enough and they have people enough can sustain their stuff. Yet another “win” for the large alliances and their allies - total loss for the small guys. Thats all I can see so far.

3 Likes

honestly the only major oversight was not adding a ‘fuel deposit bay’ to structures for corps with offices inside the structure, deposit only and would enable groups to not have to rely on the owner, damn i wished i thought of this idea as the thing was being rolled out…

2 Likes

This pretty much sums up my approach. I have combined dps to down an mtu (just) but well-honed janitorial skills. In the three or four days of my playing “Fortress Massacre”, my take was something north of 2.5B, simply by cleaning up the crap others left behind.

It just needs a little imagination to benefit from others’ misfortune. In this case, including the misfortune of the structure basher who left behind a capital component bpo. One that was researched to 10/20.

That’s a bit sweeping about only big alliances benefitting. I was left, as a one person corp, with the only standing structure in a hi sec system. And I only managed that by paying RL extra to have my internet connection physically re-built, because I knew Fortress whatsit was coming.

That aside, I do agree that those (smaller) corps left standing are going to at least be more exposed now. Whether we will take additional losses remains to be seen. Certainly, the usual hisec war deccers are going to have potentially so few targets to hit now, that being a small scale structure-owner could get very tedious. Real soon.

1 Like

as an addage also, structure KM’s or even simply notifications of assets ejected into space for corps who owned assets in the structure when its destroyed!

Other than the warning?

with this change CCP has declared that assets belong to active players and assets from inactive players belong to power blocks big enough to seat people on the CSM and host looting events.

The question is did they see the full scope of their decision and not care or are they clueless about how this would affect players?

I like to see pew believe it or not but I don’t believe in destroying players progress like CCP has chosen to do. I think it speaks volumes of how little f’s they actually give for their community members to actually sign off on a change like this.

Its a sad mistake in at least how it was implemented but it can’t be undone now.

3 Likes

I am wondering how many assets were actually destroyed, from all the available in game, and how much was looted. :thinking:

Some numbers would be nice from CCP, maybe even calculating them to real monetary value considering $/PLEX/ISK exchange rate. :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

agree. some numbers would be really interesting. I hope for not accurate/public enough detailed numbers that they can be exploited, but in general/overall ye. Of course it would be interesting for (some) individual players to see where they/we/i lost what - it gives you a ‘strategic’ oversight over where which areas etc you lost attention/lost allies or allies went inactive etc. there’s at least that utility in knowing where you lost stuff and knowledge that you can accumulate with your peers, allies and alliance. at least that would make the strategic minded guys have some ‘fun’ with their losses.

As it is now I just feel like we just reverted to 2015, and I will of course keep all my (valuable/important) stuff in NPstations and just sit and watch empty space that isnt fought in or over everywhere else.

I liked seeing Josamento to Korsiki teem with small groups stations, but ye I get that astra/raitaru spamming in nullsec is annoying, but now I can at least see that it generated content, conflict - but right now it’s really the ansiblex jump gates that generates the real conflicts - since you really have to defend them if you have a real interest in denying/enabling their usage.

How one would prevent the astra/raitaru spamming in null I dont claim to know - and wardec mechanics for hisec structures still means any large nullblock can harass small hisec corps / alliances - but at least the little guys kept their stuff. I’m in a large null alliance but I’d hate for this game to be mainly aligned to benefit two three large blocks with little to no leeway for a myriad of small groups to prosper/develop unless they quickly aligned themselves, bowed the knee or whatever and all the rest.

Maybe astras/structures in nullsec should go into extreme vulnerability way way faster than in hisec because of micrometeorites(lore) , lack of automated empire maintenance or something?
Might that be a solution/ worth an attempt to both counter astra spamming but still making it possible for the small gangs to keep their astras?

Just throwing ideas/ stuff out to ponder over - hopefully collectively.
Lots of interesting feedback here already thats made me reconsider a lot of my original thoughts anyway, so thanks for that to everyone.

Cheers.

I sincerely hope that CCP does something that allows players to lose their stuff in NPC stations too; EVE players need a wake-up call.

They still do.

Asset safety isn’t gone. It’s still there for highsec corps. They just have to keep their station fueled. Sure, perhaps the utility of public stations is somewhat diminished as you can’t leave anything there longer than a week without some risk to losing it, but the safety of your own corporate infrastructure and contents of a station for a little corp in highsec is exactly the same as before this change as long as the corp puts fuel in it.

This change does not impact the defensive capabilities of small groups at all. Small groups are as safe as before. All this does is allow people to clean out the abandoned structures a little easier, and incentivizes them to do it.

Actually Id like to know why you are of this opinion.

Im at the opposite end, in both situation and opinion, so whats the down side in having blocs so powerful we dont need NPC empires with their static fake histories?

The only thing that NPC empires are concerned with is delivering game content, while the only thing that player null-blocs are concerned with is managing massive bot farm operation/taxation for RMT income.

1 Like

bucket

I’ve won Eve and already gave my stuff away.

CCP is a company that does not respect players’ time and money. Over 10% of players have already quit in the last month (40k weekly high to 35k). This is despite COVID-19 quarantine measures still being enforced in most of the world.

Any self-respecting person will jump ship and find a better hobby that doesn’t arbitrarily change rules at a whim.

1 Like

Any self-respecting person, having jumped ship, will stop posting on a game they no longer play in order to massage their butt-hurt.

1 Like