Forum gankers

Well… um… can I have your forum stuff?

For real though, I haven’t been super active on the forums as of late, so I don’t know what happened (nor am I here to assign culpability). However, I do want to say that if you let bad actors drive you off of the forums with their forum ganking crap, then they win. And their reward is one less challenger to their narratives, beliefs, and values. Thus, I strongly suggest that (1) you don’t let them get to you, and (2) you fight back.

I mean, I thought you were a fighter. But, I guess I was mistaken.

I’m not mad… just disappointed. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They are in every forum no matter where or what subject, the poo smearing, window licking, bottom feeding among us, most forums just tolerate them because the beliefs that in some cases that they add “edgy” to a topic.

I really don’t jump into the fray much these days because of the reasons above, there are too many that use the anonymity as cover to stop the control over themselves, why, only their madness in their brain makes sense to them.

In this case, it was the anti-ganking actors that were causing the trouble. They wanted to role-play white knights and they kept getting called out. Over and over and over again.

Yeah, that option is open to everyone. So, unless you self identify as an uncreative person, that’s not bias.

Also, and I am being serious here, I want you to stay. That might seem strange considering that I disagree with you more often than not, but, from what I can tell, you argue in good faith. Thus, as far as the state of the forums is concerned, we’re on the same side.

Let me put it this way, I want the forums to be a place where people with different values, beliefs, and priorities can freely discuss their opinions. Moreover, I want it to be a place where debates are won and lost based upon the quality of one’s arguments, and not on who mass flagged the most posts, derailed the most threads, or made the most people leave.

I’m sure you’re frustrated, but if you leave, you’ve just handed a win to the people who were trying to make you leave, and incentivized them to continue with their B.S. tactics. Please don’t give them a win.

Well, I saw Destiny’s post earlier, but I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Moreover, even if they do have some degree of culpability, is their leaving the best thing for the forum?

Well, to be fair, I didn’t read the threads in question; however, from what I have seen of them, I don’t think that the forums would be better off if they left.

Sigh… no… I’m not going to go reading old posts to try to figure out where to assign culpability.

Whether they were right or wrong - I have still seen what appears to be thread ganking take place on these forums. And, if you think someone is trying to do it to you, don’t get frustrated and leave -because that is a desirable outcome for them. I’m not sure what the best way to deal with it is, but I do know giving up isn’t the answer.

Alright, that’s it. I said my peace… er… my piece? Whatever. I’ve said what I wanted to say.

Can eat it with a spoon. I also love guiness.

1 Like

So, you’re saying that you think a fair portion of the forum community should be executed and that only a few people should be able to post?

The best forum advice I can think of is not to argue with another person unless you believe the argument will be productive. A productive argument meets one of two criteria: Either the person you’re arguing with is willing to entertain the possibility you’re right, or you have new evidence to share with third parties reading the discussion.

You aren’t supposed to ‘win’ or ‘lose’ arguments. The reason we should have for putting forth an argument is to arrive at the truth. If you don’t have words that serve that purpose, keeping them to yourself will keep the threads open longer, even if other people try to detract from it.

If you keep your nose clean, you can petition to have your thread reopened and a review will show your nose is clean and the moderators will perhaps oblige your request.

6 Likes

Basically, everyone on the forum agrees with you already or they aren’t worth getting in a debate with. Nobody here is going to change their mind.

I don’t think that’s actually true, but even if it is it is fine to debate with someone if the content of your response actually addresses the argument or presents new information. You see threads that start out presenting one side or another but degrade into a back an forth between two or so people that is essentially meaningless to the topic and not particularly interesting to someone who’s seen forum dirt thrown around 100 times already.

1 Like

You’re probably going to have to drop the definition of this one as well.

2 Likes

In all seriousness, I feel this bolded part is why some people feel the forums are unfair.

Now I don’t know who or what you’re referring to specifically with that comment, but I do know that I’ve tried to have a genuine discussion with some people on these forums and have had insults like those bolded above thrown at me simply for thinking a different way to them.

If you’re one of those people that thinks the forum moderation is unfair, please consider (I mean really consider) did you make a suggestive comment about someone’s mental state because they disagreed with you or challenged your opinion?

Because I’m pretty confident that’s what’s being alluded to here:

Maybe you should.

Not only have I heard of Marmite, I, here in Tampa, FL, have some in the cupboard. AND I remember the original Uedama gods of the gank, The Marmites. Back when Concord wasn’t so much in on the game because of WAR DECLARATIONS!!! BRING THEM BACK!! Yo! CCP! Wardecs were and isk sink. Duh.

Then again, I guess Concord blowing up all the Catalysts, Thrashers, and Tornados is an isk sink too. Oh Well. I tried.

1 Like

How about this forum advice:

Proverbs 26:4-5
New International Version
4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be just like him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes.

Mineral sink, ISK faucet (from the insurance payouts for the targets).

As a Yank as well, not only have I heard of Marmite, I also enjoy it.

1 Like

Once again humbled. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Is marmite like vegemite?