Forum rules uncertainty / repeated statement

All this talk about false flags might trigger the tin foil legion. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

tinfoil

1 Like

Is that your selfie? :smiley:

To be fair I dropped Domā€™s name there too, and heā€™s much much worse for incessant posting.
You can be unnecessarily combative but you donā€™t just repeat yourself.

1. Doms post history speaks for itself.

2. I lose my cool once in a blue moon (Im human, not a bot), but you must understand the amount of trolling I have to wade through. For every post I make ontopic, I have to respond to 1-4 trolls trying to bait me down their various rabbit-holes. If you look at the post history of typical antagonists, you will see the majority of their posts have been addressed to me, yet only a fraction of mine to them.

3. I genuinely want only the best for this game, and everyone in it, fairly. I wouldnt invest this much time on these issues if I did not.

4. I am not a troll, but I know very well their methods from years of experience. I also see the agendas behind their actions. Thatā€™s what pisses them off so much and makes me a target. I stand in the way of their agenda, and am a prominent threat lest my critique become read by others.

1 Like

Some people get so invested in their position on a subject that they simply can not admit that perhaps other people can see the flaws in that position. Hence they will repeat the stating of the position ad-infinitum. They may also see those responding with counter-arguments as trolls.

7 Likes

Agreed.
But some also do that deliberately, knowingly, because they want an outcome that benefits them and theirs, and the rest be damned.

1 Like

This is going to be the name of my new EDM act.

:rofl:

1 Like

BUMPS

BUMP needs 5 characters :slightly_smiling_face:

All credit to Paikis
All I do is plaster it about like a drunken floosey whenever I catch an afk cloaky thread.

3 Likes

idk i think its better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permissionā€¦ should have just posted it and said to hell with all you snowflakes

1 Like

@Imustbecomfused, you are comfused.

This is your first post in this threadā€¦

claps hands aggressively, gives cookie

2 Likes

The lack of self-awareness here isā€¦ staggering.

All I got from all this is that calling for a Dev is just asking for trouble lol. Had we not tagged him the thread would still be alive and we would be discussing level difficulty.

Guess they will have to make-do without that feedback.

Back to reddit for a sizeable time.

3 Likes

What are you whining about.
You never had to answer my question to you as a result, in reciprocation for me answering yours.

Please do.
Perhaps your crap flies better there, especially since all you did here was cause trouble in your short stay (as in your post history), of which most was attacking me after claiming to have me on ā€œboycottā€.

1 Like

58aKd

3 Likes

May I invite you to take a look at the recently closed thread ā€œDiscussion about Abyssal Deadspaceā€ to challenge your opinion?

This is so funny! I had the exact same thread in mind, but then I didnā€™t post it, because the FAQ seems to be so overly clear on exactly that question.

I came to the conclusion that the thread was closed because the workload for guys like @CCP_Falcon is simply too high to read through nearly 1000 posts in a thread and decide wether or not that one guys 260 repetitive posts in the thread are to be considered disruptive and spam.

Accurate description, spot on.

The FAQ/Rules may be vague in some ways, but they clearly mention spam as a breach of forum codex.

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems to send an unsolicited message (spam), especially advertising, as well as sending messages repeatedly on the same site. (Source: Wikipedia)

What happened in this thread, was exactly this. A guy repeatedly tried to advertise his view on things. He repeated two of his statements around 50-100 times each. People tried everything to make him stop. Replies at first, trying to ignore the flood, then pleading him to stop for the sake of the thread and other people, finally flagging.

Exactly. Even though the Rules specifically ask people to flag spam.

There simply isnā€™t the workforce to reinforce forum rules, so it does not matter what CCP says to your question OP, but only what they actually (can) do.

1 Like

The thread was temp locked, and then closed, citing specifically spamming of false flagging as the reason.

Falcon also issued a warning to those doing that, not to do so again in other threads.

You and Andersen are both on record as having openly admitted to having spammed flags in that thread. Andersen alone submitted 20 flags, by her own admission.

None of my posts got hidden by the flag system, ergo, they where not in violation of board rules, despite your attempt to flag them en masse, and your ā€œopinionā€ on that matter

1 Like

Thatā€™s why OP is asking for clarification of the rules.

I can say for myself that I didnā€™t flag many of your posts, but all flags I set were because you were spamming the exact same advertisement for how you think something should work. You did so contrary to the flow of the thread, against what people were actually discussing, you just tried to push your agenda. Everyone who reads through the 1000 posts in this thread will see that.

Alas, this thread is not about you. OP asked @CCP_Falcon for clarification.

I think it would be nice to know wether or not we can trust in the Forum rules.

Can we or can we not expect them to be enforced when necessary to save a mutually respectful discussion?

The way the thread went down and was closed suggests that one guy can successfully troll 10+ people and destroy their thread.

The Community Team failed the community by letting that happen.

Some people do that.
I am not one of them.
I dont troll, but I do get trolled, a lot.
I also didnt spam. I reposted an image I had made a number of times, but it was to help understand the context of my posts. I didnt ā€œadvertiseā€ as you try to twist it, anthying.

I most certainly personally did not want the thread locked, but I cant speak for others.

The reason stated for temp and then permalock in that thread by ISD and CCP, was spamming false flags.

I did not spam flags, false or otherwise.

Thats dangerously close to disputing actions of forum moderation. Proper course of action, is send an email to the community support team directly.

1 Like