What Prevents Abuse of, "Post Hidden by Community Flags"? 📢

What Prevents Abuse of, “Post Hidden by Community Flags”? :loudspeaker:

What qualifies something for abuse in CCP’s eyes? We should at least be given a standard. I’ve seen hundreds of post hidden that were clearly not offensive in any way whatsoever. Try not to hide behind the word “mod•er•a•tion” for a change.

4 Likes

There are three reasons you can give when signalling a post. e.g. off topic. That’s also the way to request the topic to be moved to another topic/section.

Also there are things that YOU may not consider offensive but other people may.
For example, I may consider that you are a complete retard, and so that saying it should not be considered an offence ; yet you may be a crybaby and complain about how people don’t like you. (just an example, no offence)

1 Like

We’re all different; which in turn also mean that we all have different opinions, so naturally there would be difference in opinion for what each of us would find offensive, inappropriate and whatever else there is.

1 Like

Its a stupid system, idea taken straight from reddit. CCP made it worse than there tho, as on reddit you can bury the comment under a heap of downwotes, but here only few oversensitive immature grownups can flag it so its hidden.

4 Likes

Come to 4chan
https://forums.eveonline.com/uploads/short-url/mguWFh2p7rDKfGoeGqVhb6KuYM9.png

1 Like

Official netiquette
1 Like

I had a post hidden yesterday and all I posted was “I am not the topic” in response someone who was trolling me.

Apparently because I have been a bad boy I am not covered under the rules…

Scroll to the greyed out posts…

2 Likes

The only way to avoid Abuse of the ‘posts hidden by Community’ is to not break the rules. What a coincidence some random new guy posts this, right? :slight_smile: EVE Online, 32k players, so many bots so many alts. Each time I see the yearly convention I think “Hey, that’s impossible, we can’t possibly have that many humans playing EVE Online!”

If an answer is completely irrelevant and just used to counter a reply without anything adding to the conversation it’s called trolling. For example “I am not the topic” is in this case relevant to the topic. How ironic, right?

OP, I flagged your post for attempting to dispute moderation decisions. :grinning:

4 Likes

All it takes is a troll, his alt or two trolls operating in tandum to effectively shutdown any kind of response. I also flagged the OP just to make a point - this system is a joke,

2 Likes

I challenge you to post something contrary to ganking in HS. Stay within the rules and see how long it takes to have your post hidden by community flags. You opinion is entirely incorrect.

2 Likes

If I would do that, that post would not be about the OP post. So you just said “I dare you to do something against the rules and I swear you’ll be breaking the rules.” I guess your statement is correct, you cannot break the rules without breaking the rules.

What prevents abuse of “Poste hidden by Community Flags” is that -very probably- an ISD will have to check each and every reported post and if someone is overusing the function he or she will be sanctioned. I think it works like that but I am not sure as I am not an ISD alt.

This is correct. It’s NOT an automatic system. CCP & ISD review all flags not the system. Doesn’t matter how many flag it, it has to be reviewed.

In Reply to the OP: Moderation policy can be found https://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/forum-moderation-policy-en/

1 Like

You beat me to it. If you think there aren’t people on both sides that will happily go get all their friends to flag a post if it even just barely scooches into insulting territory…

Forum brigading.
Which would be more prevalent if these forums were more than one notch over “dead”.

3 Likes

Flagged! Discussing forum moderation is prohibited.

2 Likes

just don’t say stupid/offensive ■■■■ and your posts won’t get flagged. and if your such a snowflake that you can’t handle the idea that someone else didn’t like what you said, I suggest you HTFU.

In b4 my first flagged post!

Something is always offensive to someone. If you say “dont say some offensive stuff” you should describe what kind of things they are. CCP have done that, but as you see people ignore that when reporting posts, for whatever reason, CCP allowed people to decide what is offensive, maybe because CCP knows their rules are stupid? :thinking:

Anyway, CCP Falcon can ban you for whatever thing he sees is worthy of ban. Even when talking about your previous ban ad how you feel stifled by it, and why.

your asking for a hard definition on something thats up to personal interpretation. Its not CCP’s job to decide what people find offensive or not, you have the right to say whatever you want, other people have the right to be offended by it or not. Thats why its up to the community to decide what gets flagged. If you are getting flagged on a regular basis then clearly you are doing SOMETHING wrong since myself and plenty of other people manage to be fairly abrasive and don’t run into the issue.

1 Like