Forums Karma

Forums needs a upvote/downvote system so it’s easier for players to see who consistently gives unpopular opinions.
Each upvote gives + 1 to karma, while each downvote gives -1 to karma.
Karma is publicly displayed for anyone to see, and either appears on your profile or beside each comment/topic you make.
Besides displaying how often people agree/disagree with your posts, karma has no real impact on forums discussions.

Edit: Karma could also be reduced by ISD/GM’s, if they feel people are being disruptive or breaking forums rules. Threads would still be closed, but people who fight purposefully in threads they dislike to try to lock it would feel an impact on their karma.

Please don’t fight in this thread, I want people to come up with possible new ideas, edits or critique to the system. The last thread was closed because a few people got a bit passionate, and I’d like you all to stay civil on this one :slight_smile:

For all of the reasons you were told in the last thread you made for this, you are a moron.

End of thread and hopefully locked again in 10… 9… 8…

3 Likes

You are a troll…and an idiot.

Thread reported…

2 Likes

Remember, other people may have different opinions from you! Have you ever considered thinking of possible ways to amend the idea so that it fits what you want? I personally would really like to see something like this implemented to help me more easily distinguish who usually posts popular ideas. Maybe there’s a reason you don’t want this?

Re-opening locked topics is prohibited.

Recreating or re-opening a thread that has been closed by a moderator is prohibited. Threads that have been closed by a moderator have been closed for the benefit of the community. Re-opening a locked thread will result in its removal.

Amazing that you want to change how the forum operates yet can’t even follow this simple rule…

1 Like

Discourse have specifically considered and rejected the idea of down voting. It’s been discussed a few times and here is a reasonable summary of their views:

If the flagging system isn’t sufficient, then the last post in that thread, from the co-creator, is pretty good advice for the choices we all have.

Duplicate thread though, so should be closed.

1 Like

Well I suppose that’s my mistake. @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode could you close this thread? I guess I’ll just hope that some CCP dev will look through forums and decide if they want this or not

Closed at OP’s request.

1 Like