The forums really need a dislike button not just a like button
Liking is nice and friendly, but it’s not always productive. I don’t know that every post should be able to be disliked, but at least the OP should have both a like and dislike button.
Maybe this doesn’t need to be in every part of the forums, but it should at least be in the subsections designed for player feedback and requests.
Wouldn’t this make the forums more negative?
- No, it would make them more positive
- The forum rules say you can’t post “+1” or “I like it” that you should use the like button for this.
- There is no means to show similar dislike.
- When we combine these two things, it means that the only way to dislike something is to post in the thread, but if you only like it you can’t post in the thread.
- Result, the threads become mostly negative.
- Dislikes should have reasons, but tbh “this is a bad idea, you are bad” isn’t really a reason and is better served with just a button.
- A dislike button would allow the “voting” to be out of the thread and allow the thread to stay more focused on the idea
Can’t you just use a poll?
- You can, but then it means that a supporter should both like the OP and vote in the poll.
- People ignore polls sometimes.
- Additional idea, could an option when making a poll be “must vote before you can post?”
- Thread voting will make things nicer
- Please add some form of thread voting
- If you like this idea, please click “like” below, if you dislike the idea, come back after it’s implemented and click “dislike” below.