♦ Forward Operating Base / Fob Tips

that’s a specia1 k.
^^

dont get it?

Seems Devs have given up on FOBs and let them become solo content. And not very interesting content at that.

Shame really, they had potential.
I wonder if it is lack of interest or lack of imagination that is the limiting factor?

Or (as I suspect) is it management telling Devs to move on to the next big thing (in a growing line of failures)

3 Likes

Got a Blood Raider base in Remoriu in Tash Murhon. By the sounds of it I cant just assemble a team of Ti battleships and take it out? Hard lesson learned check the agency before launching from base.

I suspect both.

What I am more worried about is whether all their “emergent and new AI PVE content” will be nothing but a nuisance. Yes, I can run FOB with one or two ships, but I only do that to get rid of them because they unduly and unreasonably interfere with my normal activities and would cost me tons of money if I didn’t get rid of them. If this is going to extend to missions at some point where, for instance, running missions on my own is not possible or feasible any longer and necessitates alts to run the even the easiest missions, it would be highly discouraging and annoying.

Can these be solo’d in a Marauder?

I don’t know about a Marauder, but apparently you can do it in a Nighthawk. Although I don’t know if this person used logistics or not.

Or solo in a Vindicator (but I again don’t know if they use logistics)

What the hell is this? 3 FOB in one system? As if one was not enough.

just look to resource wars.

yeah im running into them every other jump in Genesis region in a freighter, not good for logistics.

DEV: OI I have an idea, lets make pirates have bases in empire that have little rewards for lots of effort and risk, and the more people you bring to beat it the more high damage pirates show up, also lets have roaming gangs of highpowered ships instalocking with web and scram and every ew known to man and force players to run them instead of making them went to run them!

(also is there some kinds of group formed like incursions where we can join and go pound these? im sure the current running group has some kind of doctrine by now)

1 Like

they don’t scram. They don’t insta lock either.

They do scram or warp disrupt (basically same deal anyway since they are mobile frigates). Many Orcas in highsec fallen to these npcs

2 Likes

From my observations there are 4 different groups of FOB entities
-mining ships
-miner response fleet
-patrols
-FOB defence fleet (including the base)

The patrols do not seem to scram/web and are generally the easiest to dispatch. The miners obviously do not scram either, so that just leaves the defence and response fleets.

they don’t scram huh? do so tell me why I had a scram put on my mackinaw and was unable to warp in empire space

I was not next to a mining fleet, a fleet of 5 frigates warped in and locked me, scramed me, owned the t2 drones and than my mackinaw. I was looking at killboards and lots of orcas and procs have died to them too.

2 Likes

Does CCP reimburses those losses? If this happened to me in a non-combat situation I would open a support ticket.

As @Specia1_K pointed out in belts in a system with an FOB you can find 2 types of NPC combat fleets… or they can find you.

• FOB system patrol. Its 5 Kestrels or 2 Kestrels and a Bantam for Gurista. I think its Punishers for Blood Raiders. None of them scram.

• Miner response fleet. In FOB system if you land in a belt with pirate miners in there, or if they come to your belt, you got 3-5 seconds before response fleet shows up. If its frigate only (the most common) fleet then it can be anything from just 4 Kestrels, to 2 Condors, 4 Kestrels, 2 Worms, 2 Griffins, 2 Bantams. Condors and Worms do scram, so up to 4 warp str. Cruiser and Battleship fleets have 2 Condors for tackle.

2 Likes

i dont know, that’s a good question, but I have been denied reimbursement before from things like landing on a station in my blockade runner and magically be at the gate I warped from in my pod auto warping back to station.

@Siegfried Tahl This was a group of 5 Blood raider Punishers, I was actively mining, I have the rats added to over view and triggered warp, (which was prevented) no I was not on a rock at 0, no I was not sitting still, I actively fly back and forth between multiple points I setup for whats in my mining range. I was Webbed, warp scrammed or disrupted (doesn’t matter either way) and they proceeded to put turrent & missile disruptor and some other ew.

The killboards are littered with Orca and Proc/skiff kills and theres even freighters that’s died on jumpgates.

there was no mining fleet, no response fleet, I watched them warp into the belt in a fleet of 5 frigates, simple to the point.

Edit: also my nighthawk in the next system I got and came back with, the rats were gone and so was the wrecks and drones I tried to get them to go after with the scram. being in a proc wouldn’t have mattered.

1 Like

Can you post your kill mail somewhere for us to look at?

If there was nothing but the 5 Punisher’s you should probably ticket that. Those do NOT warp disrupt or scram on their own (or shouldn’t do).

2018.03.11 16:49:36

Victim: Agondray
Corp: Avenger Mercenaries
Alliance: VOID Intergalactic Forces
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Mackinaw
System: Tarta
Security: 0.5
Damage Taken: 10146

Involved parties:

Name: :diamonds: Punisher / Blood Raiders (laid the final blow)
Damage Done: 10146

Destroyed items:

Hemorphite Mining Crystal II, Qty: 4 (Cargo)
Kernite Mining Crystal II (Cargo)
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Scordite Mining Crystal I (Cargo)
Veldspar Mining Crystal II, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Plagioclase Mining Crystal II, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Hedbergite Mining Crystal II, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Pyroxeres Mining Crystal II, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Viscous Pyroxeres, Qty: 10622 (Other)
Jaspet Mining Crystal II, Qty: 3 (Cargo)
Omber Mining Crystal I, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Pyroxeres Mining Crystal II
Scordite Mining Crystal II, Qty: 4 (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Hemorphite Mining Crystal II (Cargo)
Kernite Mining Crystal II (Cargo)
Modulated Strip Miner II
Plagioclase Mining Crystal I (Cargo)
Kernite Mining Crystal I (Cargo)
Veldspar Mining Crystal II, Qty: 3 (Cargo)
Pyroxeres Mining Crystal II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Modulated Strip Miner II
Plagioclase Mining Crystal II, Qty: 4 (Cargo)
Hedbergite Mining Crystal II (Cargo)
Omber Mining Crystal II (Cargo)
Pyroxeres Mining Crystal II, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Jaspet Mining Crystal II, Qty: 3 (Cargo)
Omber Mining Crystal I, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Scordite Mining Crystal II (Cargo)

Edit, that 10k hp was done rater quickly aswell, I didn’t get pictures because I was trying to find a way out like launching my mining drones to see if they would switch.