♦ Forward Operating Base / Fob Tips

Like I said, ticket the loss.

Blood Raider FOB Punisher’s do not have (are not supposed to have) any warp disrupt ability. They are DPS ships (which is why you died so quick) the Blood Raider warp disrupt ships are Executioner’s.

Edit
Interestingly your loss does not show on zkillboard. Zkill is setup to grab the kills of those npc’s I believe and there is only one loss shown in Tarta on the 11th.

ive been trying to find another fleet to test, in 5 jumps of me I have between 9-11 Fobs.

sent a ticket just asking questions about them, im not even mad about the loss but if it is true that I just happened to be unlucky and they said, “oh hey this ones actually home, let’s scram him” than my options have been even more limited by what I can do in the game since I moved and had to cease combat.

Link this thread in your ticket, point out that other players are certain that Blood Raider Punisher’s do not warp disrupt or scram themselves.

There is no unlucky, either these things scram or they don’t. If they do then things have changed since they were implemented.

I did, I told them im not even mad but following this discussion we believe they don’t.

I myself have engaged the roaming guys several times, 1 time I owned them on a gate in a cruiser, another time on a citadel my 3 target painter golem couldn’t even kill one and was losing tank, had several new guys lose their haulers of their new equipment moving from the starter systems because they didn’t manage to warp out off of the gate fast enough and so forth. Also lost a cruiser on an alpha when I landed on a gate when they were first released.

A full patrol will annihilate a mackinaw very qickly. They are dps ships.

1 Like

I can confirm this. I was lucky to get my Hulk out of the way thanks to my Orca repping it and using the Orca to draw their attention away from the Exhumer. But even my Orca had to bail out as my drones were getting eaten up and my shields almost failing. And this was on my anti-gank-fitted Orca for crying out loud. I think Goons would love to have these NPC ships camping the gates in Niarja and Uedama.

2 Likes

I agree that the punishers don’t point, though you will be dead in a matter of 20s at max.
Best way to deal with them is a faction mega with grappler+web+electron blasters(AM charges). I also killed a 5-frigate in a vigilant, but you need to web one down and orbit it to not get webbed down yourself.

yes this I know, but the issue here is I was warped scrammed before I got up to full align. speed as I was orbiting a can just above the belt and I had another one I move to aswell to move inbetween 2 points. while I hit warp when I saw them enter, my warped was stopped before being full align/speed.

I submitted a ticket and was told we need to get a devs attention for answers so anyone got a dev batphone?

FOB’s advertise themselves quite well so mining in a system with one is a rather conscious decision and considering that it’s a dynamic content (which in fact a lot of us asked for), unexpected NPC behavior should be expected.

Lot’s of people say that miner response fleets do not scram, while in fact they do (for example gallente tristans point, atrons web/scram). It’s just very rare. Based on that maybe FOB patrols also are able to point/scram, but it happens rarely.

As a side note - a FOB patrol may also backup a miner response fleet. If u decide to engage a hauler with it’s fleet at the safe spot or a belt you should take it into consideration (and the patrol will land at the location of the fleet, not a hauler).

1 Like

I hear if you solo you get nothing.

1 Like

Seems there is quite a few players out there “doing them for nothing”.

Personally I think you may have misheard - There are too many of them being soloed and I don’t believe for one second these guys are doing it strictly for fun, do you?

Got one at home atm. Killed 5 Punishers with Aco II Drones and our station defense. Corpmate lost his Myrmidon within seconds at the belts, my (armor fitted) Domi received about 300 hp each volley from each Frig, so my shields were quickly suffering just in battle with some frigs…
I don’t want to send my only Battleship with not too high BS and large turret skills anywhere in the system again. So we need a repper/DPS-Fleet? Hmm, got to “awake” the vets, I reckon.

1 Like

Sounds like you need some decent buffer fits and logi. At least that seems like the logical approach to such issues. If people are soloing these then it stands to reason they don’t require huge dps to take down…just enough logistics to tank them. I would recommend you and your guys train up some logi skills and maybe get some practice using it with some other pve sites or dealing with the patrols or miner response fleets so you are prepared properly to use logi on a FOB.

hi , Fob was very nerfed … not interested by this for us now

The rewards were nerfed? or the defence fleets? or both?

Has anything else changed, like response fleet composition?

It’s dynamic. It will be built accordingly to your ship (though it wil vary).

I know. :slight_smile: But in the past CCP did some changes to this dynamic response once someone found a “winning strategy”.

To me it looks like it’s working properly now.

I went to SiSi to run one in a carrier and they literally obliterated it. On contrary I had no problems with a Rattlesnake,

1 Like