Found an awesome anti-gank tactic: Bump gate scouts with 500MN maller for hours afk!

Bumping is OK, bumping for hours is not, the warp timer is an excellent fix in that it still allows bumping to be used as a tool by gankers and is, look at Uedama to see it being used. Happy to help clear up your confusion.

Good to hear that.

I don’t understand that first sentence, but what you said is that you bumped them more than 100km off the gate and they acted as if they were still near the gate by scanning the ship you placed in range of them. However many gankers use minimised clients with selected overview, so might not noticed being bumped.

I don’t think that proves anything. Still was amusing…

1 Like

If the person was active for 8-12 hours a day, then they would know before a half hour that I bumped them 100km off the gate. Not being able to cloak in empty hauler next to them 100km off gate proves they had me targeted and scanned.

You can never “prove” but my “bot-dar” allows me to rob fountain with a 31mil ISK ship for 4.2 bil ISK before being caught in three hour hictor hellcamp on every gate. lol

Nor do I want to prove. Just know. You can make bots work for you. Don’t report them!

Also, it should be noted that the pirates warped to the gate at zero when I was in bling AF with type-A AB and armor rep, instead of to the griphon 100km off the gate.

So, if the bot was legit, wouldn’t they have warped to the bot and been in fleet with them, instead of trying to desperately burn from 100km? Yet it still proves that the bot was passing intel!

Meanwhile my providence freely floated through the gate twice with 4x the ISK threshold I would normally carry…???

Can I prove its a bot? No.

Do I want to? No.

I’d rather abuse it to my own advantage, because the last thing I want is a real human behind the keyboard, observing me bump them and then seeing a webbed freighter 100km away. You wouldn’t even need to scan it to know its holding too much ISK.

The cliche for this post is: “I wasn’t born yesterday.”

The orbit path only changes after a head-on bump!

Still amusing, I still think minimised client with selected overview settings which do not include the gate, if you can abuse it then go for it. Most of the scouts orbit the gate however, and many gankers go AFK for a long time while tethered so they would likely leave their scout in position too. Well we know they do because sometimes certain AG blow their scouts up…

Contract sent, Your Majesty.

Bill of Lading:
Catalyst x100
Flagship x1

Fit: 8 tier 1 neutrons. Antimatter s
2 sebos, ECCM script
3 t1 mag stabs
3 poly carb

Flagship: 8 tech II neutrons
2 sebos II’s with eecm
3 tech II mag stabs

1 overclock rig
           1  collision accel
           1 hyperspatial

I managed to hit them 6 times out of 40 attempts last night.

Aren’t they talking about a 500mn AB?

You’ve lost me there. Sort of like with with quantum mechanics there has to be an observer at some point for anything to happen…how can cargo scanner results be having any effect unless someone is watching ?

Shades of ’ if a tree falls in the woods and there is no-one there to hear it…’

You don’t need a human observer @Cilla_Cybin

The bot scans and does a ISK vs EHP calculation and then alerts the actual players who to kill.

The bot stands there on he gate for 12+ hours a day in a griffon.

Bot was verified by:

Step 1: Bumping it 100+km off the gate.

Step 2: Coming back in empty hauler, and not being able to cloak since it had me passively targeted and scanned.

Step 3: Coming back with bling assault frigate with type-A deadspace modes. Parked my ship next to the bot still 100km off gate. 30+ pirates arrived in system and warped to the gate (instead of the bot, because they don’t put the bot in fleet with them in case its discovered).

Step4: Confused pirates started to burn towards me from over 100km where I was chilling with their bot, I aligned and warped to a station when they got within 40km.

Conjecture: The bot doesn’t pass written intel in-game, most likely in third party app.

I think the limited bumping we have is ok as a game mechanic right now .it allowed us to bump 3 tornado’s off of tether , that ganker was afk .
Mind you ,we was lucky that we bumped the anchor and the two other ship just followed nicely, all went pop and the loot fairy was good to us .

1 Like

Then he clearly broke the CODE so got what he deserved and you are doing Safety’s work killing him. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.