Hi guys, so I’ve been playing EVE on low to medium settings. I’m playing on a Windows 10 laptop in full screen mode and with dx9. I meet the minimum system requirements for the game, but not the recommended.
Normally, I’d be getting 45-50 FPS when first booting up the game. After some time or after doing certain activities, it would slog down to an unplayable 16-18 FPS and remain that way for the duration of the client’s uptime. Even if I avoid certain low FPS triggers (listed below), once triggered, the game will remain at 16-18 FPS. The only fix I’ve found to work is to restart the client, but the problem presents itself again after playing the game for some time.
Additional details as follows:
Workarounds I’ve tried which didn’t work:
- Switching from a 64-bit to a 32-bit client
- Enabling and disabling the resource cache option in the settings
- Lowering the graphics settings — oddly enough, this causes the frame rate to drop even more. I suspect tinkering with the settings will always have a negative effect on FPS unless the client is restarted.
Workarounds which have worked a bit:
- Switching from windowed to full screen mode boosted my FPS significantly, but still causes frame rate drops, which is why I still made this post.
Things that trigger FPS drops:
- Opening the ship fitting page
- Opening the marketplace page
- Going to Jita or any populated system
- Warping to a site with plenty of NPCs
- Alt-tabbing to desktop