FPS Limiter in Stations Different from Space

For as long as I can remember when I have the game running I struggle with my GPU usage shooting up to 100% as the game ran at 60 FPS and computer fan constantly running. I had tried turning down most graphics settings but it made no real difference on the current UI as well as Photon. It wasn’t until I realized I could use the “Radeon Chill” feature on my AMD Radeon card and limit the game to 30 FPS a few days ago. This limited the draw on the system and using the in-game FPS meter it sat around 30 and everything was great. However that was only while undocked. As soon as I enter a station, both NPC and Upwell, the GPU usage shoots up to 100% and fans get angry again. Upon looking at previous forum posts from a few months to years ago I saw information about the interval settings which I know are now gone though I don’t know what they did. Is there perhaps something I can do to prevent the apparent ignoring of station vs cold dark void of space?

SHIFT CTRL F9 will solve all your problems…

I realize that you are being sarcastic, but I decided to give it a try out of curiosity. The frame rate goes through the roof but still turns the computer into a flaming engine of hate. And as before once exiting the station even in MS-DOS mode the computer does just fine. Perhaps CCP is coding in an encouragement for me to be out in space and not docked.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.