Freight Cynos in HS

This would actually make it easier for the ship on the other end to web the Jump Freighter into warp.

easier than just being in the same corp?

Not significantly, but if you’re in the same corp then you can have some idea who’s going to come through the cyno. This removes even that, or if you’re in a corp that disallows friendly fire then this removes the need for a duel invite.

Overall I don’t see it adding much danger to an even remotely competent JF pilot, let alone a remotely competent bot.

What I do see it resulting in is a lot of complaints from newbies about how unintuitive it is, or complaints from people who tried to jump away from something and had their safeties on green. Neither is really desirable from a dev standpoint.

are you suggesting that you were not only lighting and prepared to web what came through but had no idea who it was?

with this it goes from 100% fast and safe to needing to dock at a station for 15min each jump and having 60s of vulnerability

I’m saying that anyone watching the cyno will have some idea who is going to come through, like for example a cloaked scout for a ganker group.

Also strictly speaking you don’t need to dock for 15 minutes, you just need to dock for the duration of whatever Jump Fatigue you have, since jumping to a Cyno that’s going to make you go Suspect while already Suspect has an absolutely microscopic cost associated, especially since you’ll be undocking from a station or Citadel when you jump.

Also most systems are within one jump in High Sec anyways, so the odds that you wouldn’t be immediately docking up anyway are minimal.

Also going suspect does not prevent you from docking. The one that prevents docking and jumping is a weapons timer. If I steal from someone’s can or have a Kill Right activated on me I can immediately dock with no issues.

so just like LS or NS except you can’t use a citadel unless you want to die.

Yes and no?

First off there’s no reason you can’t use a Citadel as long as it’s your Citadel (so same as Low and Null).

The difference here is that while most people in Null have either a chain of jump bridges or something similar that makes their territory fairly quick to traverse most of Null isn’t within one jump of the vast majority of things to anyone who isn’t living there. In High Sec everyone, no matter where they live, is within about one Jump Freighter Jump of between 70 and 100% of the rest of High Sec. Little to no infrastructure required and everyone has the same benefits, which is very much not like Null.

yeah except remember i said weapons timer. so you can’t dock for 60s. unlike a station if you get pointed during that time you can’t dock until the point drops

I stand corrected, you did say a weapons timer so that would prevent docking for 60 seconds.

That said, it’s a Freighter, if you pick a big enough system you’ll spend longer than 60 seconds in warp to the station or Citadel, in fact you only need a system slightly smaller than 90 AU edge to edge to be completely free of a weapons timer by the time you land on grid with the Citadel you’ve warped to, assuming you setup your Cyno on the opposite edge of the system.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.