From Extraction To Production: Update

And those figures do not take in to account (current or proposed) of the time drones take to go to an asteroid and return. Considering asteroid belts only, currently asteroids are neatly arranged in a half-crescent and in the proposed asteroids are scattered 80-100km away.

Currently an Orca can move about, proposed an Orca cannot move for 2.5 minutes. Anyway, drone travel time has to be added reducing all those figures. Orca delivered a fraction of a mining barge that fraction being halved. Before Orcas, players used to use industrials (think badger, iteron etc) for their cargo hold to “AFK mine”.

Last time I checked SiSi, if you use of off spec crystal, your waste is way higher than that. Try an uncommon type C on a veld rock.

How can you survive with sieged orca when infested carrier spawn in Moon mining or Belt mining in null-sec ? can it tank until siege cycle is finish? or we pray for not to get carrier spawn? I recently got 3 carrier spawn in 2 days… if i lose my orca every carrier spawn… thats what CCP want it?

1 Like

We haven’t published the new values for the mining modules, only the new waste profiles. :wink:

We plan to publish them along with the Barges/Exhumers attributes.

3 Likes

Ah okay, sweet!

It just made no sense to me that T1 was just barely worse than a faction module that is exclusively found in 1 regions LP store.
Personally I hope the ORE is also better than the T2 at least in terms of cycle time but I am intrigued by what y’all will change with them.

Also, just want to say y’all are doin a good job. Despite all the backlash you’ve received, overall I think the changes have been good! Looking forward to more updates soon! :slight_smile:

Haven’t you heard? Now that the Orca got nerfed all ‘AFK mining’ is going to stop completely. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Assuming you are OK with instant compression, then yes. The issue didn’t come from instant, it came from the cycling module, and the use of the ore as “ammo” for it. We will see if this is the solution they go for ultimately.

I have 0 impressions this answer will make you feel better, but it is true. I point this out because it WILL come back, so don’t think we have won on that front as it were.

1 Like

cries in Mackinaw

2 Likes

Why. You expect PVP’er to mine more than they do now? Most I know hate mining and try to do as short as possible amount of time doing mining.

The resource bonus of +100% adds to the available resources. So PVP’ers and newbies mine the same amount as they do now on live server, so if the current change for T1 modules will have no effect on them, only leave resources behind the field. So if you’re not mining for extended periods you’re waste resources by not mining it, which is basically the same as the waste mechanics does, just the waste mechanics has a chance of deleting the resources and causing it to respawn ready for your next login (depending on resource type respawn rates)

This is something that many failed to add to the process, only focusing on possible mining able resource bonus amounts , not time to mine it or stopping/delays to resource respawn.

I really don’t want this to get lost in the sauce, because it is 1000% true.

Then don’t mine?

Also there is a buff to throughput for all but the Foreman ships

When people kill you, do they yell, “SEE YOU AT THE PARTY RICHTER!” Because if not, then they suck.

thats why Orca is an HS ship , unless you got backup and the risk of doing so just raised exponentially, this is also why that if you want a command ship to give boost to a fleet it will be either Rorqual or a Porpoise , the Orca is not worth it for it’s price.

Will you post the cycle changes for the T1 modules, or are they staying at 180secs as a base like all the other modules?

As it is with what is currently on sisi. The T1 mines 10m3 less than a T2 with a T1 type A and Type B per cycle, yes the Type B has a 10sec lower cycle.

But till we see the details you have made it not worth investing time and isk to use T2 unless you trying into T2 crystals so with Type A and B you gain 300m3 over the T1 and the T1 crystals.

So when do you expect release the update specs of the modules.

I was going to show the bug with the Type C, but now SiSi is all messed up. The waste probability and multiplier are off. But you can see that the mining amount for off spec ore is 1k m3, which with the 18x multiplier in the OP, would make the waste 18k m3. Not bad for a Common Type C.

EDIT:

Moon ore has a volume of 10m3 so you can at least see that my off spec ore is mining at a rate of 1090 m3 per cycle.

Bump.

Minerals in R4 moons? At least in Highsec? :slight_smile:

Make a copy of this. It factors in drone speed. Paper numbers are good enough for getting a feel for the direction the changes are going. So I put together a sheet to show that. If you want to dial in your min/max, this’ll save you some time (just change / add sheets to show ships you want to simulate).

"Not listening to experienced players works for them and also having no real idea that each profession in Eve is actually different. "
I disagree with these comments. I think these update changes are exact evidence to the contrary. I understand why my opinion is unpopular, but I stand by it… For now. If I see @CCP do anything particularly catastrophic I am willing to concede to the mainstream idea that they’re terrible at “fixing” their game, but so far in my experience I have not, and even then I’d probably still play, just like you. I’m simply saying that I have faith that they have the best interests of the game and its players at heart, even if it doesn’t look like it at times. After all, they’re invested.

would not be the first time

m

2 Likes

The thing I keep going back to on this is in every actual objective metric available about EVE Online, and CCP seems to show they are doing just fine. One COULD argue their methods have worked, but it is also easy to count things on other factors if one is so inclined…

1 Like