From Extraction To Production: Update

Love to see ccp apply better compression for structures and adding similar compression modules to the Rorqual, but bigger scale and run cycles based on amount of resource and type.
This would mean a structure would have to decide which compression module should be installed. And with the current limitations with structure slots means no structure would be able to install all modules.

And at the same time maybe reduce the Rorqual compression cycle times.

So if a structure is compressing the same amounts as a Rorqual it should do it at 150% the time of the Rorqual, but as the amount of resources increases the cycle time increases by 10% to the 150% Rorqual time per quantity increase with a maximum of 200x Rorqual cycle capacity, or at least something similar.

I have to agree with Fartsniffer on this one.

The modules you use should have no effect on your waste factor, they should only affect yield levels. T1 strips and lasers should be able to fit crystals now but mine less than T2, faction types mining the most. The type of crystals used should be the determining factor. You want to mine at the same rate we’ve been doing? Type A with no waste. You want to use a new type of crystal to mine faster but waste more? Great. Type B. Then the trolling crystal, whatever, don’t care, it’s fine.

I did read it differently so this is more than I was thinking but this makes sense … but still, is it actually enough for to people to actually want and spend time doing it?

Removed some off topic posts. Feel free to argue, just do it within the rules of the forums, thanks.

2 Likes

I don’t know how hard it is, but obviously it’s hard enough that they can’t get it done in this quadrant.

Again, I would prefer right click compression for gas and moon compression, just like we have for ore compression now, and I do not see any kind of in-space compression that is going to be fun or put ships in space where they can get attacked.

SOLUTION to ganking: Limit HS ganking to once per day per character. After a gank, attacker’s safety should be automatically set to green and cannot be changed until after downtime. If for some reason the safety has to be changeable after an attack, enable a faster concord response time (like 2 seconds). In real life, no one shoots an innocent person and gets arrested only to be released and shoots another person within the same hour. They need to be detained (or atleast the activity needs to be detained until the next downtime).
This will make gankers choose targets more carefully instead of ganking newbies out of boredom.

1 Like

you act like even with clear care in communication, peeople wouldn’t still lose theeir ■■■■ and spread misinformation or misunderstood information.

1 Like

Not yet, but I’m guessing it’s really just a matter of time.

Wrong thread for idea - Check out this one (and others like it, in the same area): Suicide Ganking in High Sec - Council Of Stellar Management

2 Likes

I like mining and I’m okay with compression taking cycles… I just don’t want many clicks to aggravate my hand pain.

Agree completely. @CCP_Psych I propose the following

Porpoise Indy Cores:
Medium Industrial Core I
Medium Industrial Core II

Orca Indy Cores:
Large Industrial Core I
Large Industrial Core II

Rorqual Indy Cores:
Capital Industrial Core I
Capital Industrial Core II

Keep things simple, need to stop referring to the Orca’s indy core “compact” to avoid confusion with the existing Compact modules. Adding a size descriptor keeps things simple and easy to remember.

9 Likes

Can confirm, anyone who misses a Michael Ironside reference does suck.

2 Likes

Thanks but this was put here to be added to the update.

It’s EVE. ‘I can screw over those guys I hate?’ is basically 90% of the motivation for people.

Or at least, not early in it. Let’s face it, this quadrant’s not starting until the December patch, so that’s 2 months of ‘2022’ and ‘this quadrant’ overlapping.

CCP STOP with idea of forcing miners into pvp, that comes to us! it is stupid to think that I skill into mining to pvp for gods sake

2 Likes

@CCP_Psych

Also, something seemed off about the compression amounts.

Here’s the current way moon goo is compressed (by refining it):

All the proposed moon compression was 10:1 compression ratio. That’s worse than just refining the ore and moving the goo. When you redo compression, please make the compressed ore smaller than the goo or there’s no point in whatever mechanic you settle on.

Edit: Or, hear me out here, you can leave it at meh levels of compression but make it instant from the Fleet Hangar with a right click (current mechanic) and ditch the loss mechanic for compression in ships. I’d even take a slight loss from skills, modules so I need to make fewer freighter runs to get to a refinery. But the idea that folks will be moving compressed moon ore to / from Jita won’t work without 500:1 compression on the ore.

2 Likes

Not going to happen buddy. This is anarcho-capitalism in space. You might be able to argue (in a separate thread) that if PVE dudes get the Abyss, then miners should too. But I suspect it’ll be the Abyss, but you’ll need to buddy up with dudes in AF and maybe a logi frig to kill the rats while you ninja mine. Hmm… not the worst idea actually. But belongs in another thread.

Yeah but that’s a REALLY BORING way to do it XD

I mean then all someone will do is equip t1 miners for the good ore and have it take forever.

I really feel the base wastage for t1 should be atleasr 50 and then t2 goes to the 25 range amd faction down to 0. All possibly affected by skills that also help with the wastage.

You skill up as a miner…you read the benefits

1 Like