From Extraction To Production: Update

Every day in a 0.5. That was honestly the first belt i warped to in the middle of a discussion.

Well you don’t have to mine every rock to completion. Swap em all and go afk for another 30 minutes.

Or come back after an hour. Who cares when it’s passive income? Obviously not very many people or they wouldn’t be doing it. And they are doing it. It’s cleary worth it for many people despite it’s inefficiencies.

i care. It boggles my mind. Im constantly trying to beat my record for filling up the Orca. find it difficult to get in the mindset of just going away and being inefficient.

since they tried to move ALL of the Orca bonus to the CiC T1 and T2 instead, i wouldn’t be surprise that mining foreman strenght bonus from the industrial command ship also made the cut, it’s not listed anywhere that it is the case nor that it’s not. But based on everything else that has been going on , there’s a big chance they did in fact remove it thus forcing the bonus to be only from CiC now.

Also … the show info not showing the accurate information on SiSi is such an hassle how are we suposed to test anything with these condition ? are the text in green reporting the correct values ?

You can’t activate a smartbomb from any distance that you would actually hit the gate at, so you have to be at least around 7km off it I believe. This opens up a lot of angles for your pod to miss the camp. I mean it’s theoretically possible to cover the entire sphere of the gate in battleships, but I’ve never seen it and it would be a ton of extra set up for basically no reward. Nothing is ever 100% in eve, but from.my personal experience you can avoid 98% of them by not warping gate to gate, and 99.99999% of them if you don’t warp gate to gate AND don’t use the sun as your mid warp point.

Obviously you have zero concept of business. A simple rule of business. For every one person that complains. Twenty never say a word and never returns to your business.

2 Likes

That’s good to know , so at least there’s still a chance i might not get poped…

What i hate about smart bombs… you’re actually still in warp when you get pop by it… i went directly from shuttle to corpse floating in space before my warp finishes… I was fairly confident i wouldnt get target locked since i instant warp , never thought i’d be nuked mid flight that’s the first time i’ve experienced that.

I don’t think you got my point.

Let’s try again, how would the numbers for the veteran in your example look like for type A and type B crystals? (Keep in mind type A is more efficient, while versus type B is less efficient but has better yield)

lets see if i can summarize
highly unpopular patch plan
overly complicated
already coded so changes become number tweaks instead of resolving actual issues
narrow view changes that have broader effects
total disregard for how mining and industry actually work across all regions and mining fleet sizes.

it would make more sense to STOP and rethink the whole thing, what difference would another few weeks make? take the time to actually determine need, value, impact of each component

test server is a mess and this update seems to get worse the more I read about it… I think the past year or two are going to feel like a golden age compared to the coming year

4 Likes

some of us were laughing about the increased mass of the barges, and then the multiple ore holds as a likely cause. begs the question, was the mass increase intentional, and if so, why>
whats the point of the multiple ore holds. i can remember the last time i mined ice and veldspar at the same time. oh wait, my ore hold currently holds both types. another round of raucous laughter ensues, coding for no reason that we can comprehend. please explain the positive value in mass increase or multiple ore holds on the miner (how about multiple ore holds on the hauler? oh wait, they can already haul multiple ore types)

3 Likes

I stated clearly:
Should vets get more ore in the same amount of time as a noob would get? ABSOLUTELY - that’s why we invest in skilling and in better gear.
Should noobs burn through more ore than a vet in the same amount of time? Absolutely not!, it’s senseless if they did.

In that sense, “more efficient” could only mean time efficiency. Thus, A crystals reduce cycle duration (much like some scripts reduce cycle duration between 2 shots, thus increasing overall damage in a given amount of time). B crystals would increase yield, but maybe with a penalty to cycle duration - better damage per shot, but at the cost of longer times between shots. Think of artillery (B crystals) with better alpha over hybrid maybe (A crystals).

1 Like

@CSM - if CCP wants to melt asteroids, just turn them destructible and the good people of EVE will shoot them out of the grid in no time.

Just a guess, but if the Rorqual gains an ability to jump a fleet of mining ships around, the mass of the ships will likely be part of the calculated fuel cost. While that capability is still in development, adjusting the mass may be associated with work on that feature.

Moon Mining section of the OP has been updated.

The original change to remove the rest of the basic minerals from moon ore is confirmed.
Additionally, R4 will get the following materials:

Water Oxygen Bacteria Proteins
Bitumens 83
Brimful Bitumes 96
Glistening Bitumens 166
Coesite 166
Brimful Coesite 192
Glistening Coesite 332
Sylvatite 156
Brimful Sylvatite 180
Glistening Sylvatite 312
Zeolites 208
Brimful Zeolites 240
Glisteing Zeolites 416
4 Likes

Let the tears flow I guess.

Going to be a very unpopular final decision.

4 Likes

Could you give us any insight to the reason for this change?

12 Likes

You do realize that the main problem of basic PI stuff isn’t available quantity, but volume?

15 Likes

@CCP_Swift @CCP_Psych @CCP_Dopamine

Please do not add PI material to R4 moon ore. That is by far the absolute worst idea out of any ideas thrown around for this upcoming patch!

If you want to change R4 moon ore, I recommend removing the minerals, doubling/tripling the R4 goo and then reducing/removing R4 from R8+ ores.

PI comes from planets not their moons. Please don’t make this awful change come true.

34 Likes

@CCP_Psych Wrong change. Do not do this. It will totally screw up the market for these p1s and make it totally worthless to try and produce them through normal pi methods. All you literally needed to do was to increase the r4 goo from the ore in exchange of for the minerals. Adding pi to them beyond brain dread.

15 Likes

Exactly!! What reason do I have to use my 6-12 planets to produce P1s when now I can just go mine (takes more time sure but okay) and get P1s plus R4…
Utterly terrible change and from what I understand the CSM has been trying to advocate for a push in something similar to what we keep repeating

5 Likes