From Extraction To Production: Update

So, this needs an old fashioned response

Signed

2 Likes

Then you’re not getting my point, nor the point of the waste mechanic.

Efficiency is not time efficiency. Yield is time efficiency. Efficiency is decoupled from yield in the waste mechanic, but is the same thing as yield in your suggestion.

Waste allows players to choose between efficiency and yield. Your suggestion doesn’t do that.

Why would you add PLANETARY Interaction materials to a MOON CHUNK that sat in space for weeks and was sterilized by not only the stellar radiation but also the gun fire blasting the chunk out of the moon and to bits? Would you please stop throwing around these hilarious ideas and explain the reasoning?

REDNES

15 Likes

Unfortunately, the days when CCP added tools to the game instead of directly changing play styles are dead.

5 Likes

This seems about as well thought through as the other changes so at least the stupidity is consistent.

17 Likes

This is just pure idiocy.

The issue with PI materials is not one of a lack of supply sources, but instead one of the ability to move it around to produce, when it takes a full freighter or more to move the amount of water needed for single dreads and carriers to be built, you have a problem.

Adding this into moon ores will not help alleviate that problem as it will just end up as more trash sitting in random hangers, instead maybe consider lowering the volume of PI materials or giving us ships that can move even larger amounts of PI than we can now.

Then to top it off maybe make the PI setup and interactions less mind numbingly boring.

Yours Truly, someone who runs a PI farm with 75+ Characters

14 Likes

another reason why not anchor athanor in highsec… athanor prices will go down even more and what worse,there will be mass unanchoring/abandonment i cant belive that ccp decided to kill another gameplay style and has eoungh courage to remove moon basic minerals. this change is as bad as removal of 2 mid slots from procurer

8 Likes

@CCP_Psych I’d strongly suggest taking a step back and looking at the higher-level problem. It’s not that we need more PI… I don’t think CCP has been using the levers it has correctly to adjust things… and this is making the problem worse. You want to be able to control the cost of things so we don’t end up with super-cheap titans again. Great goal. But the lever in place for that is capital component costs. Don’t mix PI into this mess, it’ll throw other things out of balance.

9 Likes

What even is the point of this change?

So CCP recognises that needing P1 for ship production is currently a massive issue but instead of actually looking at what the issue is they throw more P1 out in the world?

There is not a P1 shortage, prices are stable or actually dropping. Having it spit out of moon chunks doesn’t do anything.

9 Likes

Fakre good idea.

Yes you’re system require a lot of PI.
Maybe the issue is not the actual PI workflow , but all change done to industry.

Ok side effect you haven’t see of you’re change :

• Nerf people who finance theymself by doing pi for little casual roamming (they will enter in concurence with miner).
  • Decrease price of all citadel (more citadel spam).
  • Do not end the scarity, you just try to make thing more complicated for nothing. Just revert previous industry change.
3 Likes

If you expect a positive response to this, please start selling what you are smoking. There is a good market for that.

16 Likes

this is just comedy.

6 Likes

Terrible change, I can see moon mining in high-sec all but disappear.

7 Likes

PI really? does that mean we now get an extra ore hangar for PI products in our covetor? this is so o
obviously stupid, how do you guys come up with this stuff?o
oops my bad, the pi comes after processing, so the extra hangar would need to be on the haulers

7 Likes

Live scenes from CCP’s Development team Right now!

bobsburgers-fox

22 Likes

Yeah, Now weve got 300b for a bridge :’)

so testing the new changes on the test server with anything but T1 strips a hulk can not fit 2 full cycles in its ore hold. For t2 with crystals you are looking at over 5km3 for both strips per cycle. Make the hold say something like 12k m3. With a max yield, max boost/ mindlink Rorq and 5% implant a hulk is putting out about 366k m3 per hour with ore strips. With T1 strips its 275k. With t2 A Type crystals its 395k. With T2 type B crystals its 487k if my math is right on that one. Also the shield stats for the hulk are borked as they dont have the right resists.

i figured it out. its so alphas can get PI materials since they cant do PI. too bad they cant mine basic ore in HS to even build a frigate, selling the PI and paying sales tax to buy minerals that were sold paying sales tax so they can finally build a kestral. i got it. YAY

6 Likes

You mean, like an Epithal, perhaps?

you mean over double what it was a year ago with significant reductions in ME requirements for several of the minerals