From Extraction To Production: Update

It is yes and is only limited by your chosen play style.
Or - your play style is only limited by where/how you live.

Basically, if you don’t like shitty blok game play - Where you can volunteer to live is limited.

R4 moons in HS need minerals, pretty please…

Versus can refer to any competitive action, and we all compete in various ways in this game, not just by shooting each other, but also for resources and on the market too.

EVE is definitely a PvP sandbox. It’s impossible to play this game without some form of competition with other players. You may just be applying too narrow a definition to the term ‘PvP’.

This thread is about the mining update. If you haven’t paid attention.

3 Likes

And even some pvpers expressed their disapproval, as they used it for baiting and killing in belts (they use some mids for web/scram)

Yeah, sadly the proc will no longer be viable for mining and baiting at the same time. You can do both just it will not be to the extent or efficiency it is now.

Much sadness at this as i love the proc

Your candour and passion are much in evidence here, Arrendis. I choose not to join you in making of them a filip to persuasion. That is just my way.

Whether or not the ‘Extraction to Production’ changes demonstrate what you assert of CCP - and in particular of one of that company’s employees - I will continue to respond to posts as I see fit. You, of course, are welcome to do the same.

Adding PI to mining seems very counter-intuitive. Beyond the lore of how or why only a subset of manufacturable goods are found in rocks while no others are, it seems to go against their quest to break up verticals to create niches for jobs and sub contractors.

I may be missing something which could become clear with additional CCP context, but creating another path for PI seems to remove a niche rather than create as well as re-couple manufacturing dependencies that were purposefully decoupled.

Though, this particular change impacts me the least of any of the changes, I find it the hardest to accept because it seems to go against many of their stated objectives. I would never have guessed removing minerals from R4 was a higher priority than both their ‘jobs’ and manufacturing objectives.

2 Likes

Adding PI to R4 moons (while simultaneously removing the minerals) strikes me as one of most ad hoc changes possible. As a HS (and WH) person, my group (about 20 real people) need the minerals. We’ve had the PI covered for years. Please CCP, give us back our R4 minerals! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

First, I haven’t really displayed any ‘passion’ in this discussion. I’m laying out facts, nothing more.
Second, candor? Why, because I’m willing to talk about why I don’t believe in wasting time? It’s a simple truth: time is the only thing you can never get more of. Everything else, you can replace… with enough time.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of the change either, but I suspect that there are two reasons why it is being considered:
a) If moons in Pochven have R4 moon ore(with pyerite and mex), then it will be the only region in EVE that will have access to all minerals as well as T2. This will limit ever being able to open up Pochven to allowing anchoring of new structures.
b) Compressed moon ore will then be a method to get the large P1 needed for caps production transported more efficiently.

Why small amounts? Why be so tightwad? Make it worth my time!

1 Like

Mining sounds like slaving to me, with the added danger of getting ganked while at my weakest, most vulnerable moments… no thanks.

2 Likes

Not sure if CCP wants to hear the feedback. Scrap most of the planned changes. There are only two good things:

• skill consolidation
  • shift roles of Orca, Rorqual from solo mining to boost

Then next rework the compression mini game into something fun. Also fix production of BS, faction and caps to reduce complexity with only one bottleneck, the exploration items, to make the sites valuable. Like we have the bottleneck of intact armor plates making the relic sites worth running.

EDIT: I fell for the same complexity oversight. Faction already have a bottleneck, the BPCs. So revert back faction, pirate stuff production to pre-industry-change terms.

Trying to distribute cost more evenly has the effect to push all resource gatherings below the threshold of being worth doing. Recommendation, pick one per class to be the bottleneck.

5 Likes

Please don’t put PI in R4 moons, it’s the opposite of any logical consequence. a dead rock doesn’t supply proteins or bacteria… Just revert your industry changes somehow and let us produce and crash ships again

4 Likes

You use a platitude in order to support a self-evident Truth, in a slavish adherence to idle posturing. Which means - lest you’re tempted to respond to it - that your understanding of what you say is limited to your own experiences; rather like my comments about Nullsec!

Time used wisely can be enormously fruitful. By ‘wisely’ I mean the seizing of opportunities, which present themselves unbidden to you thousands of times daily.

That is why I have tried twice to discontinue this conversation; I also have better things to do!

It’s not weird for someone who is part of a large organisation to think like he does, that’s why his organisation is successful. It’s not my type of thinking, which is why I’m not in a large/null alliance, but different viewpoints can all be valid in a sandbox.

The whole “I know what’s best for the game” should of course be translated to “I know what’s best for us”.

5 Likes

Thanks, Aisha; succinct and accurate.
Wish I could do that!

Hi

1. Is the R4 moon ore getting both basic minerals and PI materials, or just PI materials?
  2. What will happen to my T1 mining crystal BPOs? Will they disappear, turn into dust, or be vanilla items worth billion of isk few years down the line?

Thanks!

Shockingly, I’ve only written of my own experiences, while you keep trying to turn things into something bigger and more well-planned than it really is.

Like the opportunity to amuse myself by continuing to needle you.

Clearly. Which is what makes this amusing, as I’ve no doubt at all that you’ll respond again, unable to not get in the last word. If you don’t, it’ll eat at you. That’s pretty plainly evidenced by your need to respond to Aisha, as well.

But not more compulsive ones. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes