From Extraction to Production

heyyy what’s up

I am currently training into rorquals but if you’re going to push these through I’m going to cancel that plan. It looks to me like you’re just making more bad decisions when you should make mining unequivocally more plentiful for all ships. If you didn’t know, rorqual kills are a very big driver of logins. It’s a very good mix of drifter wormholes and scouting, with a target at the destination.

bad plan. see you in jita tomorrow

2 Likes

“IF THERE HAS EVER BEEN AN EXISTENCE AS UTTERLY UNNECESSARY AS THE CCP dev TEAM’S, IT PROBABLY NEVER EXISTED TO BEGIN WITH.”

its prety much clear they dont want new players with brains

they want kids who join the game get ganked. killed and also kicked from corps while they are plexing with real money

10% compression loss is in structures.

It’s less when using the Rorq or Orca, but I can’t find the numbers in the spreadsheet.

1 Like

just get one rorquald for hauler that wat i did is cheaper that use 12b frigter bait for uedama

Sure, after you dump a ton more ISK on the new modules, which will be available at an enormous mark-up.

And again, if we’re talking a solo miner, no Orca, no Roq, 10% loss.

I’m lucky enough to be able to afford two Omega accounts without hurting, so I’m also lucky enough to not have to worry about an alt to run the Orca - but a ton of solo players aren’t that lucky.

at top end, 98.6% efficiency looks like on sisi

1 Like

Here we are with most austerity that adds nothing to the game but weaponized boredom I’ll never understand why CCP has to take everything and run it through the covulator 6 times so it has to work in the most obtuse way possible.

I can’t wait till the eve economy comes to a screeching halt because no one wants to subject them selves to this horrific new mechanics.

1 Like

All criticism aside for a sec. Could someone tell me how this plan can be described as a New Dawn, OR Age of Prosperity. Just seems like more Complexity to me…

It’s simple. You see that graphic they’re using to advertise it? Those are all the players hurling their mining ships into the sun.

6 Likes

So New Dawn means, A Whole New Player Base! Just have to piss the vets off first…

2 Likes

Did CCP discuss/consult this with the CSM or did they not? Were my votes useless? Am I unsubbing my last 2 accounts, and having a life away from EVE online? No i`ld sooner fly an alpha in cats blowing up miners than give stuff away.

1 Like

CSM says they did all they could to ‘blunt’ this idea.

Looks like this game will finally die. After moving from Earth And Beyond from way back when, and Darkspace. Of all the things CCP is deciding to do, eliminating solo play is the stupidest. I guess it’s ■■■■■■■ brilliant when you are bleeding players and obviously must be taking a financial loss. The game made an amazing time, but I guess we finally have become stagnant.

After a war of epic proportions, a war where nerfs to production were made eliminating capital fights, the even bigger hit to production is going to make this a 100% risk adverse baby of a game, something that wasn’t ever supposed to be. Fairwell CCP, you ■■■■■■■ pubbies.

1 Like

Just imagine what this patch was to start with… Holy Figs

1 Like

Yes we were consulted.

That is what I said, yes. I have also made it clear that I expected players to be unhappy about this, and I am very pleased to see CCP Rattati here answering questions at 2 AM - he didn’t have to do that, and I very much appreciate it.

If you want to hear more about this right now, myself and two other CSM members are live on Twitch talking about this update.

4 Likes

And apparently failed - unless the original plan was even worse…

That’s an unsettling thought.

wow. congratulations CCP for this cluster****
so for 2 years you’ve been planning something to give us this “age of prosperity”? seriously?

2 Likes

it’s called doublespeak. some brit once coined it about this wonderful paradise. you’ll love it. i mean big brother that is…i’m sure he’s the cuddly sort.

I’m optimistic of these changes. I always felt that exhumers and expedition frigates were underutilized.

2 Likes

Bear in mind:

Waste isn’t taken out of ore that the player gets. it’s taken out of the asteroid. Which is doubled in size.

For T1, this means you’ve reached status quo.
For T2, this means that asteroids can last longer. (yay, fractions.)
For faction, this means that asteroids are twice are large.

4 Likes